Voting Round 2 - Kainé vs Pyra | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Kainé vs Pyra

Who Wins?

• Kainé

• Pyra

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Kainé
Nier series
Pyra
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Chocolatejr9

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Asako I know nothing about Nier, but I can tell you're passionate about this Kaine chick, so good luck!

Anyway, I wasn't actually sure I'd get this far, so I'm not too sure what to do next. As such, I'm gonna do something I wanted to do after my introduction writeup: expand upon Pyra's personality.

As I originally mentioned, Pyra is essentially "UwU the character". She's kind, caring, and rarely shows any signs of hostility. She's always happy to be with her friends, and would do anything for their sake. However, there's a side of her that she doesn't like to show: her sad side. As with her sister Mythra, Pyra blames herself for a tragedy that occured hundreds of years before the events of XC2. She keeps this to herself for most of the game, hiding behind her smile, but suffering from extreme depression that connects to her true reason for wanting to return to Elysium: to have the Architect kill her. For a game that has many a bright moment, this is EASILY one of the darkest aspects of the plot, and from a character like Pyra no less. Thankfully, her Driver Rex still accepts her in spite of everything, and she is finally able to break free from the despair that holds her captive. If that ain't a heck of a character arc, I don't know what is.

Also, since I don't know if I'll be able to elaborate on this later, Pyra is a great cook.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I'm still fighting with my time to make the campaign but soon it will come, honestly i already hate the fact i can't do it right now but busy right now....

At least here this trailer, a character trailer for the game for kaine before the remake was out
It fits as an introduction to her

Anyways i promise my campaign will be coming soon, like today at night, I don't want wait even more then that

Last edited:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I doubt I'll play Nier ever, but the charas are sexy.

Will wait to vote on the last day. I accept bribes.
Shame, nier series worth it

Are you planning on making a new GallonModVote now that gallon went into the backstage?
BrandishModVote?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Shame, nier series worth it

Are you planning on making a new GallonModVote now that gallon went into the backstage?
BrandishModVote?
Tbf Gallon was always backstage. But it would be a MarmModVote, and just between us, she can also be bribed.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I doubt I'll play Nier ever, but the charas are sexy.

Will wait to vote on the last day. I accept bribes.
I didn't know there were other "female" characters in Nier besides 2B and the other robot before Asako's nomination. I don't know the name of the other :XD.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I didn't know there were other "female" characters in Nier besides 2B and the other robot before Asako's nomination. I don't know the name of the other :XD.
Same i didnt know either, i know nothing about that game. That said Asa-chan said previously Kaine is both male and female (if you look carefully we can see in some arts she has a male sex) i do like too, her appearance the arts are beautiful. i have no clue who to vote for and I m clueless about both games. So waiting for more campaigns.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Dude the nier series very big lol
Actually in game 2B the least one who flesh out, we know more about her form the books because reasons

In this case kaine is actually a human unlike 2B where she a robot... Ok she part human and part shades but later because fully human, campaign coming to explain more that

Demon we have like 2 nier games, but if we inculde the whole canon series to nier then it's 4 games
The other two are called drakengard and drakengard 3 (drakengard 2 not canon to nier, it's an other universe diverged form 1) tho timeline wise it's drakengard 3 then 1
Then comes nier replicant/gestalt after that nier automata
That is only inculding the offical games, we have also a lot of side project like a CD drama, novels, musicals and an FFXIV that is technically canon to the story
We love side project

That said Asa-chan said previously Kaine is both male and female (if you look carefully we can see in some arts she has a male sex)
Yea, she was born an intersex but she identify as a female hence the way she dress, more coming on
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh yea I forgot we also have the gacha games, sinoalice tho not really that related to nier that much and nier reincarnation that feel more related to drakengard and nier with the flowers
I'm sure @Nii knows what I'm talking about

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I didnt know Nier universe was so vast. I had that art in my files, i didnt know where it was from, I knew it was from a game but couldnt tell which , I thought back then it was from a Final Fantasy game, i just realized it's Kaine, im connecting dots lol :teehee

Truly the aesthetics of those games is stunning.
That dress :zomg

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Introduction to the world

Welcome to a world full of discrimination
A world were it's very hard to survive in it, food is scarce, Monster called shades roam around
A world were a child may even go to the point to selling their body to make money for their sick sister
A world were human child can be turned into weapon of destruction
And then we have weiss being the amnesia talking book he is

This is the world kaine lives in...

And so let us begin
The real introduction

Unlike how she first appear, full of elegant and beauty kaine personality and how she act is actually the opposite of that
She one to curse a lot and i mean a lot, she also have a more hot-tempered personality, but deep down she actually rather softhearted... with a foul mouth :XD
And we love that personality of hers, lets be honest, with her by your side, there never going to be a moment where it isn't exciting
Kaine is one that embraces these contradiction, white and black, hot-tempered and softhearted, half human and half shade.
Rather fitting considering the game theme...

The first time we meet kaine we greeted with this

The creators are well aware of our thoughts when we first seeing kaine

But fear not for we have a reasonable explanation about the way she dresses, related to her past

Background

Kaine originated form a place called the Aerie, because of her being an intersex and later on the fact she was possessed by a shade, she been living all her life as an outcast being called a freak and harassed hence part of the reason why she can be awkward with good will.

She did develop a more bold personality as a way to protect herself form all the harassment in her village
The only person that liked her and showed kindness was her grandmother kali, who equally cursed a lot.... ok its more like kaine got influenced by her grandma way of acting plus the fact it was from of defense mechanism to all the harasements

Kaine really loved her grandma and her grandma returned those feeling as the only person who did care about her...
She was the only who accepted her for who she was and the fact she is indeed a female
( i will show more in an other campaign how sweet younger kaine was and her interactions with her grandma and village more in details as this campaign is dedicated as a general introduction considering it seems a lot dont know kaine here )

Those days were probably the happiest kaine ever been
But everything went to ruin when the fire nation a shade named hook attacked her grandma house
While sadistically enjoying Kainé's despair, the shade killed her grandma and left kaine to die taking away her arm and leg
If it weren't for an other shade passing by named Tyrann, she could have died that moment because of bloodlost.
But don't misunderstand the shade goal for he only wanted to take over kaine body by fusing with her...

Yet kaine resisted.. she resisted by sheer willpower...
This fusion is what caused her body to be half human half shade, gaining back new arms and legs but as a shade
We see them as the parts that are under the bandages

But being half half did give her side effects with her personality

Effect of the fusion

Because of Tyrann, their personalities started influencing each others, with kaine having a more violent then before that she redirect especially to the shades ( meanwhile Tyrann growing more softhearted because of them sharing emotions as shown in ending C and D doing sth that he could have never done before
It also shows how caring kaine is secretly to even manage to influencing one of the most bloodlustful shades)

Kaine goals

We first meet kaine when she on her quest of revenge on hook, the shade that killed her grandmother

Still despite what one may think, we actually meeting her at the end of her revenge, with us helping her defeat the shade, at the start of the game
Ending her revenge story really quickly in game
The real journey for kaine isn't one about revenge but one to move on form the tragie and find a new will to live...

This is a journey to heal the wounds of the past, and moving on with the help of nier.
Later on fully embracing the idea of helping nier with his goals, becoming his swords and fully taking on that role especially after she realized her feelings for him ( will go in details on this in an other post cause I'm running out of time)

I been talking a lot about nier as he the protagonist and the one who give her a new route to follow in live but her relation with emil actually really heartwarming as both of them are outcasts form villages, The both of them understand how painful living with a deformed bodies and being loners most their life.
You can get really sweet moments between them

And kaine sure knows how to encourage someone as one who knows the kinda pain emil is in because of the similarities between them

As much as i want to talk more about kaine and her relationship with cast i need to leave now
So i will leave all that in an other post if i pass this round as i still have a lot to talk about relationship with emil that i started talking about here but didn't go that deep, weiss that converse more like best friends that are teasing each others and nier where the relationship slowly turns form friendship into love between both of them yet not being able to share their feelings considering how busy they were with their goals...

Plus for kaine side knowing that one day she may fully be possessed isn't encouraging to acknowledge those feelings

Ahh i wanted to talk more about kaine and show more videos of her but i really need to leave
Instead here this

her theme
If you think I'm showing this too early don't worry, nier games are known for their Osts and remixing their amazing theme when opportunity comes.
Because of that we have a few different remix of the theme for kaine....
Kaine - Salvation
Rather fitting name for kaine... She is looking for her salvation...​

Last edited:

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Introduction to the world

Welcome to a world full of discrimination
A world were it's very hard to survive in it, food is scarce, Monster called shades roam around
A world were a child may even go to the point to selling their body to make money for their sick sister
A world were human child can be turned into weapon of destruction
And then we have weiss being the amnesia talking book he is

This is the world kaine lives in and that definitely harden someone heart
And so let us begin
The real introduction

Unlike how she first appear, full of elegant and beauty kaine personality and how she act is actually the opposite of that
She one to curse a lot and i mean a lot, she also have a more hot-tempered personality tho unlike how she first appear actually rather sweethearted... with a foul mouth :XD
And we love that personality of hers, lets be honest, with her by your side, there never going to be a moment where it isn't exciting

The first time we meet kaine we greeted with this

The creators well aware of our thoughts when we first seeing kaine

But fear not for we have a reasonable explanation about the way she dresses, related to her past

Background

Kaine originated form a place called the Aerie, because of her sex and later on the fact she was possessed by a shade, she been living all her life as an outcast hence part of the reason why she can be awkward with good will and have a more bold personality as a way to protect herself form all the harassment in her village
The only person that liked her and showed kindness was her grandmother kali, who was equally cursed a lot.... ok its more like kaine got influenced By her grandma way of acting plus the fact it was a way of a defense mechanism to all the harasements
Kaine really loved her grandma and her grandma returnedthe feeling
She was the only who accepted her for who she was and the fact she a female
( i will show in an other campaign how sweet younger kaine was and her interactions with her grandma and village more in details but i prefer this First campaign being a general introduction considering it seems a lot dont know kaine

those days were probably the happiest kaine ever been
But everything was ruined when the fire nation a shade named hook attacked her grandma house
While sadistically enjoying Kainé's despair, the shade killed her grandma and left kaine to die taking away her arm and leg
while passing by an other shade named Tyrann fused with her wanting to take over her body but with determination she resisted
This fusion is what caused her body to be half human half shade, gaining back new arms and legs but as a shade
We see them as the parts that are under the bandages

Still even tho the fact she survived was because of the shade, not all is good as there some side effects

Effect of the fusion

Because of Tyrann, their personalities started influencing each others, with kaine having a more violent then ever personality that she redirect Especially to the shades ( meanwhile Tyrann growing more softhearted because of them sharing emotions as shown in ending C and D)

Kaine goals
We first meet kaine when she on her quest of revenge on hook
Still despite what one may think we actually meeting her at the end of her revenge, with us helping her defeat the shade, at the start of the game
Ending her revenge story really quickly in game

Yet despite the fact hook died, the memories of what happen still haunts her, to the point of wanting death
Despite her suffering, she move on and now with the help of nier, looking for a new purpose for her life.
Later on realizing its with nier, becoming his swords and fully taking on that role especially after she realized her feelings for him ( will go in details on This in an other post cause im running out of time)

I been talking a lot about nier but her relation with emil actually really heartwarming as both of them are outcasts form villages
You can get really sweet moments between them

And kaine sure knows how to encourage someone as one who knows the kinda pain emil is in because of his body as seen here

As much as i want to talk more about kaine and her relationship with cast i need to leave now
So i will leave all that in an other post if i pass this round as i still have a lot to talk about
Relationship with emil that i started her but didn't go that deep and weiss that converse more like best friends that are teasing each others and nier Where the relationship slowly turns into love between both yet not being able to share their feelings considering how busy they are with the shades.....

And for kaine side knowing that one day she may be fully possessed turning into a shade

Ahh i wanted to talk more about kaine and show more videos of her but i really need to leave
Instead here this

her theme
If you think im showing this too early don't worry, we love kaine theme and that made it so we have a lot of versions of this theme officially made...
So i have more versions to show

I'll admit, this was a little hard to read due to grammer issues, but I can tell you put a LOT of effort into this writeup. I know this is probably weird for me to say, given we're competing against each other, but good luck!

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I'll admit, this was a little hard to read due to grammer issues, but I can tell you put a LOT of effort into this writeup. I know this is probably weird for me to say, given we're competing against each other, but good luck!
It probably easier now to read, didn't have time at first to proofread it considering i had to leave but now I'm back fixed some of my grammatical mistakes that i did when brainstorming
Probably now it's easier to read

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Time to come through for @Chocolatejr9 and post a little bit of Pyra art :)

Surprise, it's my girl Musashi! If you like what you see, give Musashi your vote here!

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Time to come through for @Chocolatejr9 and post a little bit of Pyra art :)

Surprise, it's my girl Musashi! If you like what you see, give Musashi your vote here!
Yeah, sorry about that. I meant to try and post something, but real life got in the way...

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@Chocolatejr9 All good, just thought I'd chip in with those art again. Gotta say, I love @Asako 's campaign though and she chose a good Nier girl too 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.