Character - Kaji Kazena | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Kaji Kazena

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Read the post I add. I mention the reason. Kaji went into the match knowing that there are moves that can hurt him, he at the minimum knows BJK, which can break wrists. Injury one causes aren't the reason people view as an ass. No one really go after the one I list despite their move hurting others. It's the attitude outside the match. Oni got a pretty good one. What he does inside the match is irrelevant for me. I actually mention this point a long while back. Some players in the HS just have a bad attitude outside the match straight out.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Well, it sure doesn't looks like Momoshiro hate Oni despite Oni being an ass to him then. And we haven't seen Kaji reaction yet, so because there's no evidence for either side I consider it to be assumption and should just be throw out because any argument there is just an assumption and as I stated before evidence>assumption. It just is. Try being in a court where you bring bunch of assumption and the other side have some evidence. It's just clear which side is going to win.

Well, if being in a court class is too difficult, try a law class. That'll teach you to use evidence. I study it for 2 quarter and it's pretty fun, and the main reason I hold evidence over assumption.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
We know that Kaji wasn't expecting anything like Kijin. What does it have to do with this anyway? Tokugawa underestimated Byoudouin (just like Kaji did with Oni) and the latter destroyed him.

What he does inside the match is irrelevant for me.
Then why are you even discussing if you're biased? The worse part is that you say that anyone that doesn't agree with you is biased, lol.

Well, it sure doesn't looks like Momoshiro hate Oni despite Oni being an ass to him then. And we haven't seen Kaji reaction yet, so because there's no evidence for either side I consider it to be assumption and should just be throw out because any argument there is just an assumption and as I stated before evidence>assumption. It just is. Try being in a court where you bring bunch of assumption and the other side have some evidence. It's just clear which side is going to win.

Well, if being in a court class is too difficult, try a law class. That'll teach you to use evidence. I study it for 2 quarter and it's pretty fun, and the main reason I hold evidence over assumption.
I don't care what Momo thinks. He's an idiot. And he's a manga character, he'll be like Vegeta and be happy if someone leaves him in a coma but he ends up being stronger thanks to that later. That doesn't change that, in the end, Oni wanted to injure him.

(just because you don't hate someone doesn't mean that person isn't an ass btw).

Why are you even talking about law school? I mean, I get it, you're trying to sound more convincing and make fun of me at the same time. That's pretty harsh, and tbh you do crap like that all the time. Maybe you should learn some manners instead of laws?

Edit: And really, you're asking me for a panel that shows that Kaji isn't grateful with Oni prolly ending his tennis carreer? FOR REAL? LOL

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The only time I use the word biased in this discussion is this line.

I prefer to use stats that Konomi give straight out because it's not biased.
It kind of reminds me of when a certain user use another word and claim it doesn't mean what I say it does and I have to go dig up a dictionary meaning, doesn't it? Hmm.

You don't care for Momoshiro's, who is a direct victim, opinion? Well, that's cool. I don't care what you think. SPoT is a manga, and it's character's opinion that matter. If Momoshiro is cool with it, then the action are fine.

And yes, why not. I don't see Kaji crying or shouting or getting angry at Oni after their match end. That's the only panel of Kaji we've seen after the match end, and he's just talking to. And it doesn't look like the victims are having as much problems with Oni as much as you for his action. Kaji's comment is just him talking to Oni normally about BJK and "that" which is probably Kishin. It's not like Kaji cry or curse Oni or anything.

Oh, I learn a lot of manners. I just don't see a reason to use it on someone who try to give me crap, that's all. You can't expect me not to decrease my manners when you start bring in old discussion as if person couldn't change their mind and ask for the evidence when you are trying to make a point that Oni is a jerk. That's not going to fly in a court. You bring up the case, you prove your case. Lack of evidence that Oni means to do is in that case the evidence that Oni doesn't mean to do it. Ask your lawyer if you got one, I'm not lying. If that's not the case, anything be just be assume and pretty much everyone can be guilty. It's not just the court. You work in a major company and you come up with a project, you show evidence to your boss that the project can work. Do you just ask the other side to show evidence that your project wouldn't work? Sure, they might do that, but they don't have to at all. Your project will get shut down if you just show enough evidence that it can works. You state something, you prove it. It's pretty simple. It's just assumption when you just each have your own opinion, which isn't the fact, but maybe you'll be happier with that, I don't know. But yeah, you can try to prove me wrong if you want. It's just facts that I mention. Sorry that you don't like it, but evidence>assumption is just the way the world works most of the time.

And well, on the basis of the argument, of course it's going to be biased. Seeing someone as an ass or not is really opinion base. Each people have different line for being an ass. I stated my line, and that line is just different than your. You obviously think I'm the rude person here, and I think you are. I just don't keep manners against someone who don't show me any. If you just say "I don't really have an evidence" I would just drop it. If I ever bring up a fact in the future feel free to ask me for evidence because I do have to support it because I'm the person bring up that point. Otherwise, see my sig. See the different line that each person have here? It's all just opinion. And opinion is biased, as oppose to the fact.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
In other words, you changed your opinion in that subject because you like Oni now? So you're admitting you're just biased? lol

The fact that Oni was nice to some kids and Tokugawa doesn't mean he wasn't an ass to Momo. He was. And so was against Kaji. Dunno why you're argueing against it.
This is pretty much the key question Ken.
Do you think it was okay that Oni did what he did to Kaji? Since Kaji is the only person that Oni apologized to, I think its clear Oni knew what he was doing.
I highly doubt that Kaji was really glad that Oni not only replaced him on the All-Japan Juniors, but also felt the need to ruin his career as an athlete.
I didn't know that was a moral thing to do personally.

I guess Oni is a nice person for ruining someone's career and not giving a damn about the fact they ruined someone's career. Imagine someone decided to use a move that they knew would end your career. Then they said "sorry" and then walked off and didn't even help you up or anything.
I suppose you're going to tell me that person is a nice guy? I don't buy it.

Is Oni an asshole on the level of Byoudouin? Of course not. He was still a jerk towards Kaji.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Did Oni apologize because he knew what he was doing or what he has done? I think there is a huge difference between the two. He actually apologize after the match, so it doesn't look intentional to me. Now, if they were playing, and Oni apologize, and smash the ball that crush Kaji's career, that'll be a different story for me. But that's how I intercept that panel and that's how you intercept it.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I feel this fits better here than the fan league thread:

Kaoz, when you created his specials in the game, what did you have in mind? Because I started picturing him as a mix between Kenya and Jirou/Marui (in his match for the number 5 spot, when he approached the net to show off his newly created volley, he didnt have much time to react and Oni killed him).

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can you be a bit more specific? Like, are you asking how I imagined the shots would work?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yeah, that ^^

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't think I wrote it down anywhere, so I kind of have to deduce backwards here. In other words, what I'm about to say might be completely different from what I had in mind back then.

Air Bullet is the one I'm the most sure about - since I made it a Special (as opposed to a Serve), but kept the Serves' ACE gimmick, I think this one was a 2 ball strike, but instead of coming at you like a wall like the other multi ball strikes, here both balls go to opposite corners of the court. Anabatic Blow must've been a high speed shot of some sort, I'm not sure why I made it boost Mental though. Maybe the idea was wrong-footing the opponent. Finally, Crosswinds looks like a shot that changes direction after bouncing.

Sorry if this is less than what you were hoping for. When creating his moveset, I think I spent more time on the total offense/defense concept than the Specials themselves.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I don't think I wrote it down anywhere, so I kind of have to deduce backwards here. In other words, what I'm about to say might be completely different from what I had in mind back then.

Air Bullet is the one I'm the most sure about - since I made it a Special (as opposed to a Serve), but kept the Serves' ACE gimmick, I think this one was a 2 ball strike, but instead of coming at you like a wall like the other multi ball strikes, here both balls go to opposite corners of the court. Anabatic Blow must've been a high speed shot of some sort, I'm not sure why I made it boost Mental though. Maybe the idea was wrong-footing the opponent. Finally, Crosswinds looks like a shot that changes direction after bouncing.

Sorry if this is less than what you were hoping for. When creating his moveset, I think I spent more time on the total offense/defense concept than the Specials themselves.
Dw dw ^^

Ok so, theorycrafting (in some sort of fanfic way):

Ok, I'm writing this after finishing this all, it got very fanfic-ish, sorry '-''''

Anabatic Blow is his most basic volley. A fast ball that seems to go out, but then is moved by the wind to land perfectly in a corner (like some sort of high speed snake volley without the need of a fancy swing).

Crosswinds could be amazing as his serve (I actually thought of something similar, that's why I wanted to bring this). Kaji could serve (underhanded?), then make the ball go to the most unexpected place possible after it bounces, reacting to the swing direction of his opponent with his high reflexes (Basically Sanada's Black Aura now that I think about it, but it changes its course after the bounce rather than in the air). He would manage to change the direction thanks to his... wind powers '-' . With this, even if it won't ace, it would force his opponent to do a pretty terrible return, and Kaji could immediatly seal the deal with Anabatic Blow. A rising return could ruin this move completely, so I'd say that, by default, the high spin of the ball makes the return be a lob if someone tries to use Super Rising on it.

Air Bullet is his tool to approach the net whenever he ain't serving, sounds perfect as it is to me.

Last, is his unknown new volley. He wanted to use it against Oni but when he approached the net Oni murdered him, so it'll remain unknown until "he's back". I want to imagine this as some really fancy volley, either doing something with the net or having some sort o Tannhauser effect.

Post injury Kaji:

(SPE: 7, POW: 5, STA: 1, MEN: 6, TEC: 5) 24
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Uhm, is there any chance this little man makes a comeback and plays for another country?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If we're talking about serves with awkward bounces, Akaya's Knuckle Serve comes to mind. Imagine someone actually clever was using that thing and mixed between body shots and ones that curve away. Also, when tripping up the opponent after the bounce, you don't really need wind powers or anything I reckon. As long as you don't hit straight at the opponent and let them choose whether to take the ball as a forehand or backhand, there's a good chance you know which one they'll use ahead of time. Then you can just apply the appropriate side spin.

Uhm, is there any chance this little man makes a comeback and plays for another country?
I guess there is always a chance until it's over, but we're talking about a 1% chance at best.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
10. Kaji Kazena

Personally, Kaji looks very strong, and I'm looking foward to see why he's among the top 5 strongest players on the U-17 team ^^.
Yoooooooo, more than 5 years too late but here we go (perhaps)! \o/

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As I assume everyone knows by now, Kaji had a special move listed in the 23.5 fanbook called Skanda Draft. Skanda is a figure from Buddhist mythology and seems to have an interesting mythological background. Taken from the Wikipedia article (which unfortunately isn't sourced properly, but I'm not willing to put in a greater research effort right now):

When the bodhisattva Avalokitesvara was reincarnated as the princess Miao Shan, Skanda (known as Wei Tuo in this story) was one of her cruel father's generals.

[...]

A disloyal soldier named Huo Yi, was sent from the fish demon to kill Miao Shan. The fish demon wanted revenge on Miao Shan because she was the incarnation of Ci Hang Da Shi, a Buddhist deva that put her in a lotus pond. Huo Yi and his troops went to the village where Miao Shan and Wei Tuo lived and fought. Huo Yi's son killed Wei Tuo. After Miao Shan became the bodhisattva Avalokitesvara, she made Skanda a bodhisattva guardian.
Now, Oni isn't a fish, but demon beating a guy into the ground? If this is an accurate representation of the mythological context, that checks out pretty well. What's more, afterwards Skanda gained bodhisattva, apparently referring to enlightenment. So if Kaji was enlightened...

Maybe?