Shoujo - Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne by Tanemura Arina | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne by Tanemura Arina

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Title: Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Author/Artist: Tanemura Arina
Publishing Status: Complete (7 Volumes) by Kodansha
Serialized in: Ribon (Shueisha)
Edited Manga Status: Completed by 2M
Year: 1998
Genre: Shoujo, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, School Life

Summary from MangaUpdates:
By day, Kusakabe Maron is an ordinary high school girl with more than her share of problems. But by night, she is Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, the reincarnation of Jeanne d'Arc, also known as Joan of Arc. Her mission: to hunt down demon-possessed paintings and exorcise the evil spirits! Too bad accomplishing this mission puts her into conflict with the authorities, who view her as a mysterious stranger vandalizing works of art. With only the help of angel-in-training Finn, she must survive high school during the day and battle evil by night!

Personal Thoughts:
This series is one of my first manga that I started with during junior high school. I remember at that time I borrowed this manga in a rental near school. I really loved this series. One of Tanemura-sensei's best works, if I may say. I like how the plot is being laid, the characters too are interesting and not too plain. The artwork is nice, although as time goes by I think Tanemura-sensei's artwork has improved a lot. So you may feel this is a bit "outdated". Chiaki and Maron are just lovely! <3