Slash Series - Katekyo Hitman Reborn! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Slash Series Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Malakuma

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Let's discuss Reborn! I noticed many people listing Reborn couples elsewhere, so I decided to start a new thread. I hope that's okay!

I am currently drawing a lot of YamaxGoku; sometimes XanxusxSqualo. Those are my favorite couples (Gokudera and Squalo being my favorite characters), but I also like DinoxHibari or MukuroxHibari (just because it looks nice). Unfortunately, I cannot draw Hibari at all. Oh- and BelxFran or BelxMammon. I really hope Fran shows up in the manga again. He's adorable. I guess I prefer those "love-hate, but mostly hate" relationships. ^-^;

Who are your favorite pairings?

moonshine19

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Re: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! by Amano Akira (shounen)

so that's my fav. too!!

YamaxGoku is the most adorable for me (and the most official!! ^^), mainly I do love Yama a lot
I always read some stuff of XanxusxSqualo as well, they're really interesting, like you said, it's love-hate, but these two Varia have some more specific relationship.
then also I like MukuxHiba and DinoxHiba. Hibari-uke is fascinating, hahaha

verdika

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

I love 8059 too! XD;; Gokudera is just the cutest uke <3

Besides that pairing, I also like 4827 (Spanner/Tsuna), 5927 (Tsuna/Goku... though whichever position is fine by me), and Bel59 (Bel/Goku). It's obvious who my favourite characters are, haha.

I like reading lotsa doujins on these pairings, though Bel59 is very rare (haven't found any yet) so I'll just stick to fanfics for that. My favourite 8059 doujinka is dokubou! She is able to portray the most realistic - and utterly cute - expressions on their faces. Anyone remember the episode where they were helping out with a festival and selling stuff? *can't remember much but...* There was this part where Yamamoto excused himself to play some games, then a little bit after, Gokudera excused himself to go to the loo too... then they returned together later <33 My fangirl mind couldn't help imagining what they did in between that part ^^;;;

Malakuma

Reaction score
Country
United States

I couldn't find Dokubou anywhere. Does she have a website? For 8059, I like Bips-M and Tee2Books. And I might be the only one, but I don't really care for Nalis. I might even sell the Nalis I have. The art is nice, but I like others much better.

I liked the episode where Gokudera saw Bianchi, passed out, and ended up in with Yamamoto in his room with a towel on his head. I think I have a doujinshi which incorporates that scene.

I have found only one GokuxBel picture, and no doujinshi. But it's a cute picture! http://bel.sakura.ne.jp/t/main.html It's under Gallery, in the Bel section.

moonshine19

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Well, for Doujinka

I would like PUNCH, UOHSAOH and NIKUSHO , their works are very good too.
the famous Nalis, I must say, they're good, but not impressive that much for me though

I can't find some of Dokubou either, do you guys know some good doujinshi sites(translated)?

Malakuma

Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't know any translated doujinshi sites. Actually, I've read very few doujinshi in English. >.<

I do use the Reborn Circle Search a lot: http://rbncs.exit-navi.com/
I've found all kinds of stuff though this search. Just click the pairing you want and various sites will come up.

I forgot! Another good 80x59 artist- vgmt. I love her work.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Excuse me for not using numbers since I have trouble to remember them ._.

I'm a sucker for Mukuro/Hibari :luv

But technically, you can put Tsuna, Goku, Yamamoto, Mukuro, Hibari and Dino into one big package for me. I don't really mind either possible pairing of them <.< nor would I force a 'two persons' limit onto the fun *cough cough* >.>

:sweat

LilaChan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Necro posting ~ There's no need to make a new thread...The questions you want to ask Amano thread in the main forum is getting slightly too much into fangirling. So I'll just reply somethings here instead, since alot of the replies would scare people off.

123abc said:
Other then the surplus of male characters with most of them being "good looking" (no homo), I don't think KHR was foreseen to have an excess of female fans (especially how the drawings were in the beginning of the series). Everything else about KHR (the character's personalites, the action and the storyline) is purely shounan. Also, Gintama has an excess of female fans as well?
iPikachu said:
ima kind of curious of ^, mind explaining? lawl
(although im a bit scared what could happen OTL)
The bolded part being the part I wanted to reply. As a fangirl, I just cannot think of characters in KHR as proper proper straight like other mangas. But I do have a corrupted mind. It's most likely due to the massive amount of bishounens in the manga. Since the first time I have started KHR, I already thought 'Wow Yamamoto is a little TOO close to Gokudera don't you think? And Gokudera is acting like such a cute tsundere <3'. Tsuna just screams uke. It's a fangirl thing, you can't understand it unless you're a fangirl :darn.

I guess it's because I started Reborn so that I have more doujins to read...so that's one of the reasons why I can't see most of the characters...as not gay (although the point of yaoi...is to have the characters not gay, but they just love each other). With alot of Reborn fans are fujoshis, the idea just kinda strengthens in my mind.

ReanaCamellia said:
I like TYL!XX much much more than his TYB form. It's because i dislike his TYBhairstyle. i agree that TYL!XX is such a hottie *cough*2D love*cough*, and not to mention badass and very manly.
My reaction was just priceless. Seriously TYL!Xanxus is just....hawt. My heart does skip a little when he appears. And and and he's shirtless 99% of the time on non-plot related pictures...Actually, most of the TYL!characters does make my heart skip, Amano's pretty bishies just make my fangirl side jump out. I really wonder what would normal Xanxus look like with Amano's current art style, I mean, he might look as hawt as his TYL!self. /drools in the trail of thoughts

Fudge 3D, I will travel through dimension <3

Gawd...I'm starting to like uke!Yamamoto alot lately, most of the time he's the seme with Gokudera. I'll just go for Squalo/Yama for my uke!Yamamoto fix. Alot of japanese fangirls seems to like 8018, despite Hibari is no where near to be my favourite character, this pairing seems to work out pretty well. I would love to see a XX27 doujin, I haven't one yet.

I don't really like 1827 or 6927, but I'm quite fond of 182769 :eyeroll.

R4n

Reaction score
Country
Micronesia

^ hahah, :tem
It's a different case for me, because i separate the "BL world" and "Canon world". I can't really think of them as one, mainly because of... how OOC the characters in the "BL side" can be.
I do notice some of the BL hints (mostly only for pairings i like, i dismiss the hints for pairings i don't like).
To put it simply, it is just like a parallel universe in which the ones in canon world are straight and the ones in BL world are gays... :p

KHR is the one and only shounen in which i like the BL sides. I tend to dislike other shounen manga BL... i don't know why. Maybe because the character interactions in KHR are just too interesting. (and slash-able) :tem

I like S80 too! sadly there isn't much stuff about them xD
There used to be Fumo-san in DA that draws very good S80 stuffs. But sadly she had taken her stuffs down... TT__TT
Lately i have been liking X80 too, after reading a fanfiction. That is the only X80 material i have ever seen.

I don't know why but i find ukeHibari very... interesting. >////< (8018, D18, 6918...)
Hibari in doujinshis are simply very moe. :tem

I dislike it when he's too OOC. I read a doujinshi by Omega 2D before. Their Hibari is simply... super tame. He even wear a gown. :s it turns me off... (no offence to those who like it)

the LJ has some X27 doujinshis actually.

LilaChan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I absolutely adored Omega 2D's doujin on AmericaXEngland with Hetalia I prefer FranceXEngland, but I got a bit scared from the shota one. But her/their art is beautiful, I just drool at it. I didn't even realise they did KHR doujins too.

Hmmm, I think you stated the alternative universe theory really well. It's something like that for me, but I can't totally seperate the proper universe with the fangirl universe :p. My failed brain.

But I agree with the thing that other shounen just aren't as slashable. Not because there isn't enough hints, we're fujoshis, we need NO hints :tem. But the chemistry between characters in KHR is what makes it so slashable and cute. As fangirls, we want to expand upon the relationship or see it in a different light. We don't just slash any hawt character together...which tends to be what people think :darn.

I'm getting quite fond of D18 after this gag doujin. Hibari was adorable in it, I'm not that fond of in-universe Hibari though. Actually I think ANY pairings from Reborn is fine with me :facepalm. I just see new fanarts...think about the pairing and go 'Wow I never thought of this before'.

ALL of KHR characters a moe...at least 99.9% of them <3333

(Isn't it so much nicer here, just to let out all your fangirl steam xD)

R4n

Reaction score
Country
Micronesia

^ oho, do you mind telling me which D18 gag doujinshi you mean? i might have missed it xD

beware rants ahead
My fav circles are (in no particular order):
1) Amatou (Shizuka Oda)
pairings: Mostly Hibari and Mukuro centric
-> the artwork is extremely beautiful. They work mostly on gags though (i really want to see their serious work!)
2) Banyuu (Aoi Levin)
Pairings: D18, some 8059 and 27Basil on the side. and also some Gintama doujinshi
-> the artwork is unique. They are extremely productive. 0_o But sadly some of the works are not as refined, maybe because they produce a lot of doujinshis. Their D18 works are steamier than average, so beware!
3) Peeco? (Chidori Peeco)
Pairings: D18
-> my favourite circle! The artwork is verrrry gorgeous!! :tem:tem definetely worth checking.
4) Negathyst (Yamamoto Kana)
Pairings: 6927, 1827
6927 and 1827 is not my OTPs, but the artwork is. just. too. gorgeous. :eyeroll:eyeroll
Their Tsuna is very very very moe. Their Hibari and Mukuro is the very definition of hot and manly.
What i like most of this circle is how they portray Tsuna. The Tsuna is super adorable but not too uke (aka girly). There are times where the Tsuna is very cool as well (think of Negathyst's Tsuna as badass moe, the Hibari and Mukuro as badass charismatic)
5) Nitro Koutetsu (Yoneda Kou)
Pairings: mainly 8018, sometimes Reborn18, Reborn80
I dislike Yoneda Kou's art at first. But it grows on me as time goes by. What i like the most about Yoneda Kou's work is how she portrays the mafia world. I think her works have the most "mafia feeling" out of all of the KHR doujinshis available. Her works are easily distinguishable.
Besides, i really love how she portray Yamamoto and Hibari's relationship. Her Hibari is very emo (just like all of her characters), but very likeable.

There are other circles like Apple of Eden (1827) and Lion Punch (D18), but i'll save them for later...

I am not very into 8059... i only read some of the doujinshi for a change. Must be because i prefer Yamamoto with Hibari or Squalo... >__>

I dislike Reborn x Lambo... >___> (no offence to the fans of this pairing!)
I am just not into the pairing, no matter how pretty the artwork is... :darn
Must be because i dislike Lambo as a character...

Now all i need is some good MukuroxChrome doujinshi.
I am very sad because there's very few MukuroxChrome doujinshi around. :( :( I am not looking for the ******, I want the heartwarming ones, like the ones in shoujo mangas.

I found a very sweet Zoro x Tashigi (One Piece) doujinshi before (not ******). I wonder why i can't find one for MukuroxChrome as well... TT___TT *sobs*

Last edited:

LilaChan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

^I'll definitely check them out. Tomorrow is my last exam , so I'll give myself a nice doujinshi marathon tomorrow evening :p. I'll look that gag D18 tomorrow <3

Yoneda Kou adapts some novel into manga format right now doesn't she?

I only like 8059 if it's a more relaxed settings, I'm not very fond of them when it's an angsty story. I kinda like Amano presentation of their relationship, it's cute. When this couple gets too angsty, Yamamoto isn't genki anymore, Gokudera isn't tsundere, which loses the the reason why I like this couple. Anything with Yamamoto in it is fine with me. Anyway, I got to go and find some S80 and decide whether I like these two or not.

I wonder have anyone done a 69XX doujin...I can only imagine this couple to be...extremely steamy. /dies from the blood lost from the thoughts of how streamy it would be

I think Lambo with Yi-pin makes a cute childhood friends couple, the ones you get in shoujo mangas.

Mukuro and Chrome together is adorable. I think there's a lack of doujinshi of them because the doujin is most likely not to sell as well. Considering most KHR fangirls likes the yaoi couples as well as 6996, they would more likely to draw the yaoi option since it sells better? No idea. I have seen a cute web comic of onesided 96->59, that was quite cute. Chrome is cute paired up with anyone anyway. Once I doodled Chrome with Haru with a slight hint of LesYay xD

I only started reading doujins from last June/July, since Hetalia was the first series I started reading doujins for. =A=;; I'll start knowing more circles...eventually I hope T_T.

R4n

Reaction score
Country
Micronesia

^ then i have to warn you that Yoneda Kou stuffs are angsty. But they are GOOD angst. Her stuffs are "more mafia" than the canon...
Yoneda Kou already debuted as a BL mangaka profesionally.

that 96->59 must be inspired by the secret bullet illustration lol.

there's a XX69 fanfiction in LJ. There's a XX18 fanfiction as well. They are... quite violent >__>

i have one more question for Amano:
- dear Amano, in your opinion, who is the seme? Byakuran or Mukuro?
orz i really want to know. Normally people make Mukuro the uke, but i believe canonically Mukuro will not be topped that easily... (i think i scare a lot of ppl with this question...)
10069 is interesting, but it is not my OTP simply because... there's no fluff in it...

hmm... similiar dilemma applies in XX69... i can't see any of them being the bottom... <__<

the thread's getting creepier and creepier, isn't it?

Last edited:

LilaChan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Ah that D18 doujin was actually by Banyuu :p, twas called Jajauma Bloody Bride. It had comedy similar to the daily life arc with a hint of BL.

I am the laziest person ever. I can never read fiction, no matter how great it is. The last book I managed to finish was about 3 years ago, which was the 4th book in the Haruhi Suzumiya series (it was less then 200 pages I think, the printed form at leasts). I haven't even read the Secret Bullet translated chapters yet....I'll get there someday. Fanfiction will have to wait.

I have no idea, 10069 are both semes. I guess it's only the matter of the artist's taste. But I do think Mukuro would be the 'uke', since Byakuran kinda defeated him. I have no idea who would be the seme with XX69...on a personal level, I'll go with 69....just a gut feeling.

That's why we're continuing our convo in here instead. In our own little corner. I hope none of the guys who dislike yaoi from the KHR forum comes in :p

Continuing our convo about does Amano dislike yaoi. Didn't Amano actually answered the question by a fan who asked whether Mukuro or Hibari would be the seme on the radio show? If she's willing to talk about it, I think she doesn't mind at all. She even mentioned that she drew a BL doujin of KHR for a friend. I know Arina Tanemura drew a yaoi doujin of Gundam Seed, and had some shounen-ai in her own shoujo manga, I honestly think she's a closest fujoshi (she said she's not fond of BL...yet Shinshi Doumei Cross had a fair bit of shounen-ai). Amano 'could' be similar, I have no idea. Since it's bad publicity to openly admit you like BL while drawing a shounen manga like KHR.

Also...slightly off topic. Your sig is awesome. It speaks the truth. Anyway, what shall I call you? <3

R4n

Reaction score
Country
Micronesia

^ nope, that one is from OMEGA 2D. That's the particular dj i talked about few posts back. Yup2 that doujinshi is very hilarious, but i don't really like it because Hibari is super ooc >_>

Thanks! I think generally it applies, but to be honest, my sig is just a joke, hahah :tem
-Not all fangirls like BL, i have plenty of girl friends who despise BL so much that they don't even want to look at it nor have it mentioned in conversations. They know i like BL though =), they are very nice about it.
-A lot of the fangirls like actions as well. That's why they read shounen (purely because of the actions)

I make this sig because of the differences in some KHR forums i go. Basically they talk about the same thing, but the huge differences is:
- in a forum populated by mostly girls, nobody (i repeat, nobody) talks about who is stronger than who, which attacks the most awesome, the technicalities of the attacks, etc etc.
They talk mostly about how relationship between characters has deepened in the current chapters, how gay the clothes are, how cool the clothes the characters wear, the bl hints in the chapters, etc.
- in a forum populated by fanboys, most of them talk about the technicalities of the attacks, the power of the characters, who will win agaisnt who, etc etc (just look at the most chapter discussion thread in MH and you'll know what i mean) xD

Last edited:

pandaaqueen

Reaction score
Country
Germany

But I do think Mukuro would be the 'uke', since Byakuran kinda defeated him. I have no idea who would be the seme with XX69...on a personal level, I'll go with 69....just a gut feeling.
You really think that XX would let 69 be on top? XD I kinda doubt it.

Didn't Amano actually answered the question by a fan who asked whether Mukuro or Hibari would be the seme on the radio show?
I once read that the person who has "translated" the interview made it up just to attract attention ~_~

---

I'm totally obsessed with X69, X18 and 4851. Currently.

There's a XX18 fanfiction as well. They are... quite violent >__>
http://community.livejournal.com/allnightlights/7700.html

That one? XD

R4n

Reaction score
Country
Micronesia

I once read that the person who has "translated" the interview made it up just to attract attention ~_~
hmm, do your have the link to that? does that mean the rest of the interviews are fake as well? gee! :blink

YES :amuse

XX seme is interesting =D
Why are you obsessing over XX18? because of that particular fic? Is that the only XX18 stuff you know or do you know about other XX18 materials?

btw i have been liking some ShamalxHibari lately... it's a nice change from the usual D18. xD
It's funny how... someone as badass as Hibari is portrayed as uke very often... maybe it's the height factor

Last edited:

pandaaqueen

Reaction score
Country
Germany

hmm, do your have the link to that? does that mean the rest of the interviews are fake as well? gee! :blink
No, unfortunately :/ But, iirc, rukawagf claimed that.

Why are you obsessing over XX18? because of that particular fic? Is that the only XX18 stuff you know or do you know about other XX18 materials?
Because they are both so super dominant :lmao That's why I dig X18, I guess.

btw i have been liking some ShamalxHibari lately... it's a nice change from the usual D18. xD
It's funny how... someone as badass as Hibari is portrayed as uke very often... maybe it's the height factor
Oh, I do know what you mean. XS, for instance, is a a pairing that I totally ship, but I'm so sick of fanfictions featuring them for the time being. Possibly, we all just need a little change from time to time, huh?

Last edited:

iPikachu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

[slash series]...........

ಠ_ಠ wut.

meh i totally did not yaoi at first but now if i dont see smut im fine.. something is wrong with me.

@panda i can't seem to find it.. did i search under the wrong tab OTL

LilaChan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

You really think that XX would let 69 be on top? XD I kinda doubt it.

I'm totally obsessed with X69, X18 and 4851. Currently.

http://community.livejournal.com/allnightlights/7700.html

That one? XD
I just thought XX would be too lazy to be the seme and let 69 do all the work...and XX would hit 69 with a rock when...nvm this is better left unsaid. /faints from bloodloss

I couldn't find that interview in mp3/sound, so I kinda doubted it. But it was maded up really well, it does seem like a proper translation. Even Amano's replies seems somewhat realistic too...But if Amano wanted to hide her gender, she wouldn't have done a radio interview ~_~;;

XX seme is interesting =D
>/////////////////< Very interesting /dies second time

The more 8018 I see, the more I like them. And I don't even like Hibari. I wonder is there any Goku/Ryohei (what's Ryohei's number?), they make a pretty good Takahashi couple...