Question - Keith related question | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Keith related question

Captain Haddock

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
So, Eren ate Grisha. Wouldn't Grisha's remains at that site be present because I don't think they'd evaporate. So, when Keith retrieved Eren, why didn't he spot Grisha's blood and body parts there?

One explanation that I can think of is that, Eren moved from the spot where he ate Grisha to a nearby place and fell asleep there and that's where Keith found him. Since, it was night and in a forest, Keith didn't see much around him (luckily it unluckily).
Any other theories?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So, Eren ate Grisha. Wouldn't Grisha's remains at that site be present because I don't think they'd evaporate. So, when Keith retrieved Eren, why didn't he spot Grisha's blood and body parts there?

One explanation that I can think of is that, Eren moved from the spot where he ate Grisha to a nearby place and fell asleep there and that's where Keith found him. Since, it was night and in a forest, Keith didn't see much around him (luckily it unluckily).
Any other theories?
As far as I remember Grisha's body parts were disappearing when Eren regained his human form.

Captain Haddock

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
India
As far as I remember Grisha's body parts were disappearing when Eren regained his human form.
Doesn't that contradict what we've seen (like Eren's tooth which Levi broke not disappearing)?
And even otherwise, I just checked, it is shown in chapter 62 last 2-3 pages. Here, we see Eren's titan evaporating, but Grisha's body is just lying there without steam coming from it...

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
yeah, Grisha's remnants were definitely left there. We can also check this here: https://mangalife.us/read-online/Shingeki-No-Kyojin-chapter-108-page-40.html , where Magath talks about Zeke's scattered fragments, as they should remain instead of evaporating. It may be a plot hole indeed, but a simple one which we could easily overlook, both because Keith (and every other soldier) was too shocked that night to pay attention to something this trivial, and because they were in a forest wrapped in darkness.
Maybe someone else checked that forest the following days, and thought those limbs belonged to some farmer eaten by bears/wolf :teehee