Fantasy - Kidd Vs Katakuri | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Kidd Vs Katakuri

Who wins?

• Kidd

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Katakuri

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Can Kidd defeat Katakuri???

Curious to how fans believe this match up would end.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I consider YC1+ and Katakuri YC1, but Kid isn't very fast, so it's very hard to hit Katakuri through his FS + mochi body.
He has some AOE with EM beam which can help him with hitting Katakuri though

I give Kid the win extreme diff. He's physically stronger, more durable and has more stamina. He wins after a tough and long battle.

john ellis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Kidd mid dif. Kata is proabbly a bad match up for Kidd. But I think yc1 are just not threats to Kidd, law, luffy and Zoro. Once Zoro got his power up he kinda mid dif king. And I can’t see awakened Kidd being a lot weaker to Zoro. Even if he’s weaker which is debatable. Like would you consider the yc1 threats to yonko? Because these 4 are certainly closer to yonko levels then they are yc1. I’m not calling law, Kidd and Zoro yonko tier but I think there tier is closer towards then yonko then it is the yc1

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I consider YC1+ and Katakuri YC1, but Kid isn't very fast, so it's very hard to hit Katakuri through his FS + mochi body.
He has some AOE with EM beam which can help him with hitting Katakuri though

I give Kid the win extreme diff. He's physically stronger, more durable and has more stamina. He wins after a tough and long battle.
Kidd’s Giant mechs & Punk Gibson Mexh arms ,Katakuri is gonna CoO weave around that shit…Same way he dodged dozens of rapid G2 punches from Luffy.

Kidd imo hasn’t shown me enough mobility or speed feats for me to believe he’s faster than Katakuri’s & his mobility with his CoO & CQC.

I really don’t know know how he gets in his hits. Aside from getting pummeled which he can endure, for a while assigning him….but does Kidd even use Haki on his Metal?!?!?!?!

We know it can be done; We have never seen Kidd do it….Is it conjecture to say he would???

Because Katakuri isn’t gonna be hurt by regular physical damage, so those I beams & any piece of metal that manages to hit him better be coated in Haki to have any kind of effect.

I have this fight as a stalemate, for now. Katakuri would have to beat Kidd’s head in for quite some time, as his endurance is super high. I don’t see how Kidd gets in a critical hit or enough clean hits with his DF powers or physically.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Kidd’s Giant mechs & Punk Gibson Mexh arms ,Katakuri is gonna CoO weave around that shit…Same way he dodged dozens of rapid G2 punches from Luffy.

Kidd imo hasn’t shown me enough mobility or speed feats for me to believe he’s faster than Katakuri’s & his mobility with his CoO & CQC.

I really don’t know know how he gets in his hits. Aside from getting pummeled which he can endure, for a while assigning him….but does Kidd even use Haki on his Metal?!?!?!?!

We know it can be done; We have never seen Kidd do it….Is it conjecture to say he would???

Because Katakuri isn’t gonna be hurt by regular physical damage, so those I beams & any piece of metal that manages to hit him better be coated in Haki to have any kind of effect.

I have this fight as a stalemate, for now. Katakuri would have to beat Kidd’s head in for quite some time, as his endurance is super high. I don’t see how Kidd gets in a critical hit or enough clean hits with his DF powers or physically.
Yeah, I think Kid's metal has armament haki.
Or else they simply crumble upon impacting BM. Iron scraps without haki is nothing to BM.

I think Kid can manage to get some hits with his EM beam canon. It's a very fast attack and has some AOE. We've seen that high speed attacks can counter future sight, like Kaido against Luffy.

Maybe Kid can assign polarities to disrupt Katakuri's body tweaking?

I can't see Kid landing a single blow on Katakuri with his conventional physical attacks though. Katakuri was easily dodging G4 Luffy (pre snakeman)

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Yeah, I think Kid's metal has armament haki.
Or else they simply crumble upon impacting BM. Iron scraps without haki is nothing to BM.

I think Kid can manage to get some hits with his EM beam canon. It's a very fast attack and has some AOE. We've seen that high speed attacks can counter future sight, like Kaido against Luffy.

Maybe Kid can assign polarities to disrupt Katakuri's body tweaking?

I can't see Kid landing a single blow on Katakuri with his conventional physical attacks though. Katakuri was easily dodging G4 Luffy (pre snakeman)
I appreciate Oda’s story telling. But I do love it when he focuses on his fights.

We think, we actually & honestly don’t know we just have to assume, to understand the continuity.

I think Kidd assigning magnetic fields to Katakuri is the only way he pins him down, but how the hell does he even manage to grab the dude?????

really_jonny

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
By directly assigning magnetic fields to Katakuri, the YC1 would be stuck and the victory is clear for Kidd, as Katakuri's strength difference to Big Mom Berserker (larger and stronger than her base state) is like that of a rat and an elephant. Katakuri wouldn't be able to break free, let alone transform into Mochi (making his body even lighter and more malleable). No matter how fast Katakuri is, it doesn't matter if he can see the future, the Assign is instant, just Kidd sees the opponent and that's it. Kid was indeed damaging Big Mom as much as Law, Oda used Law himself and the random ones to pass this on to us. Hundreds of Katakuri's hits wouldn't damage Big Mom, while Kidd's attack ("Punk Corna Dio") was able to break her arm, Kid only needs one hit to defeat Katakuri.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
By directly assigning magnetic fields to Katakuri, the YC1 would be stuck and the victory is clear for Kidd, as Katakuri's strength difference to Big Mom Berserker (larger and stronger than her base state) is like that of a rat and an elephant. Katakuri wouldn't be able to break free, let alone transform into Mochi (making his body even lighter and more malleable). No matter how fast Katakuri is, it doesn't matter if he can see the future, the Assign is instant, just Kidd sees the opponent and that's it. Kid was indeed damaging Big Mom as much as Law, Oda used Law himself and the random ones to pass this on to us. Hundreds of Katakuri's hits wouldn't damage Big Mom, while Kidd's attack ("Punk Corna Dio") was able to break her arm, Kid only needs one hit to defeat Katakuri.
How would Kidd land the assign through physical contact…When Katakuri has FS….

Also, I disagree I believe Katakuri would still be able to turn into Mochi and still dodge the area of impacts..,Ex stuck to a wall, he can still dodge punches…unless goes in for a no go Smash…I’m still stuck because Kidd is not shown using Haki on his Metal….until Oda explicitly shows me such I won’t assume that he does use haki on his Metal…

really_jonny

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He doesn't need to touch directly, just point his hand at the target. But rereading the manga, I realized that he needs to approach the target at about 5 meters. Therefore, its technical effectiveness is not that great and it is not impossible to escape for someone who can see the future and is very fast. I apologize to everyone for overestimating Kid.

In addition, Kid proved to be very resistant, I believe he can get 5M closer to Katakuri at some point in the fight. Mochi is a light and malleable substance like amoeba, so transforming into Mochi would actually make Katakuri even more trapped in the magnetic pole. I'm assuming that Kid can imbue Busou Koka in his metallic techniques, as he has Busoshoku officially and Katakuri and Doflamingo have succeeded in their long-range techniques, but if Kid can't, there's obviously no way he can win.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I appreciate Oda’s story telling. But I do love it when he focuses on his fights.

We think, we actually & honestly don’t know we just have to assume, to understand the continuity.

I think Kidd assigning magnetic fields to Katakuri is the only way he pins him down, but how the hell does he even manage to grab the dude?????
I agree that Kid isn't landing a single blow on Katakuri using conventional physical combat

There are two ways Kid can deal with Katakuri:
- through the AOE attack from EM canon, which is incredibly fast (we know that super speed can counter future sight to an extend)
- through assign, which can disrupt Katakuri's future sight + body tweak.

As for assigning, Kid doesn't need to grab someone, but just get close enough and thrust his palm forward as @really_jonny pointed out.
He does need to get somewhat close though.
It would be hard for Kid to do it, considering Katakuri's speed was relative to WCI G4 Luffy. But, I think Kid can eventually do it, since Kid's combat speed is somewhat relative to BM's own (he was the one who was taking her head on for the most part)

The fight could go either way.
I think Kid wins after a long battle. Kid's high durability and endurance eventually sees him through this battle IMO

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Awakening will smoke Katakuri; good luck trying to weave something constantly attracted to you. And considering that it managed to damage Big Mom kinda badly, Kat is getting slumped by it.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Kidd's got it in him to take out a threat like Katakuri.

FS of course being the deciding factor but Katakuri has better displays of haki and am Awakening that could easily allow him a victory. This latest chapter just solidified how vital FS can be for Top Tier

I think another deciding factor, even above Future Sight will have to be Kidd's ability to gather large amounts of metal.

This would be environmental but I'm just realizing Katakuri can turn that metal into mochi with his Awakening.

Katakuri's floating donuts with high levels CoA Block Mochi can keep Kidd far enough away from him until Kidd wastes energy with his Rail Gun that Katakuri just avoids with FS.

Katakuri takes this, high/extreme diff

really_jonny

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This would be environmental but I'm just realizing Katakuri can turn that metal into mochi with his Awakening.
I don't think so, as we saw in Punk Hazard, one domain of awakening has no effect on the other, that is, it cannot transform into its element something already dominated by another fruit.

But if that's possible Katakuri wins without a doubt.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think so, as we saw in Punk Hazard, one domain of awakening has no effect on the other, that is, it cannot transform into its element something already dominated by another fruit.

But if that's possible Katakuri wins without a doubt.
Can you explain further? What do you mean about Punk Hazard? The Ice and Magma? If so, they do not overlap... both sides of the island do not touch.

john ellis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i can't see any worlds where kata wins, his best asset is kinda useless vs kid, now kid isn't extremely fast so i think FS would be effective on regular attacks it's ust kidd has dumb AOE damage like assign, which basically removes the abillity to dodge his attacks if your within a radius of him, so aim bot vs person who wants t dodge your attack is really bad. On top of that he has EM cannon which kata shouldn't be able to dodge.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kid is completely overrated.

All of his attacks got amplified by Law's preceding ones. It is Law that made Big Mom completely freak out. Getting hit by a metal bull is just way more effective on someone who got his organs ruptured. On the other hand, his Awakening, Assign, Big Mom is shown beign capable of dealing with it.

While he has all three kinds of Haki, he has not being shown being exceptional in any of them. His high stamina alone is pretty much what warrants his high position in the story right now.

He broke her ankle. That's the kind of injury that wouldn't even knock Johnny or Yosaku out. Or any of you for the matter. That's a normal injury that normal people survive in real life. The Yonko are people that can run around wih half their head off.

Assign wouldn't work on Katakuri, hell' just seperate the assigned part off from himself. And the metal should be turnable into Mochi, I don't see any reason why it should not work.

Kid is, from all what was shown in Wano Arc (don't forget the rooftop battle, he didn't just fight Big Mom with Law), closer to Killer than to Law, Zoro or Luffy.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Kid is completely overrated.

All of his attacks got amplified by Law's preceding ones. It is Law that made Big Mom completely freak out. Getting hit by a metal bull is just way more effective on someone who got his organs ruptured. On the other hand, his Awakening, Assign, Big Mom is shown beign capable of dealing with it.

While he has all three kinds of Haki, he has not being shown being exceptional in any of them. His high stamina alone is pretty much what warrants his high position in the story right now.

He broke her ankle. That's the kind of injury that wouldn't even knock Johnny or Yosaku out. Or any of you for the matter. That's a normal injury that normal people survive in real life. The Yonko are people that can run around wih half their head off.

Assign wouldn't work on Katakuri, hell' just seperate the assigned part off from himself. And the metal should be turnable into Mochi, I don't see any reason why it should not work.

Kid is, from all what was shown in Wano Arc (don't forget the rooftop battle, he didn't just fight Big Mom with Law), closer to Killer than to Law, Zoro or Luffy.
Katakuri cannot separate/discard/replace his body like that of a logia…

He’s a special Paramecia because he can morph his body into any shape & is intangible to non-Haki damage.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Katakuri cannot separate/discard/replace his body like that of a logia…

He’s a special Paramecia because he can morph his body into any shape & is intangible to non-Haki damage.
No, actually he can do that. It is in chapter 871 where he dodges Ichiji's Sparking Red via seperating his torso from his legs.

Another instance is where he shoots of his fist the just regrows it.

A good idea on how Katakuri works is to buy Mochi and play around with it a bit, because he works exactly like Mochi and his body is like that, and he can also produce it.

The difference to a Logia user is that he does not transform, he is always Mochi just like Luffy is always rubber..well was always rubber, or just how Mr. 1 is always steel blades regardless of transforming.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Kidd wins mid diff.

john ellis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
@Pirate Queen I know you’re a kata Stan, but kata loses to assign, Kidd doesnt need to be faster then kata he just needs to be relative. Which he is as a high yc1 or low yonko threat. He gets within 5m of kata, and kata virtually automatically loses as doesn’t have the durability to take hits from a “yonko slayer”.