Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 189 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 189 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So the secret to red blades is grip strength? I still don't find the fight itself entertaining. The characters are the reason the chapters are good.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
It's generally boring when the antagonist takes all attacks and regenerates with no trouble. I feel like that was Upper Moon One's best quality - fighting like a samurai despite being a demon. Akaza and Gyutaro relied on their regenerations quite a bit, but they made up for it with their beautiful fighting styles.
Muzan, on the other hand, just flails his arms aimlessly, with nobody threatening him. It'll hopefully be better once they actually start harming him, but as of now, while the battle has a darker tone than any before, it's just not as entertaining as some of the Upper Moons'.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the secret to red blades is grip strength? I still don't find the fight itself entertaining. The characters are the reason the chapters are good.
I think the idea is an extreme form of convection. They are squeezing the blade so hard, their feverish body temperature heats up the core of the blade through the handle and activates the red blade.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Theory about kanroji: her blade sucks at defense. It's flexible, quick and has more range than a regular sword but all of that makes it nigh useless for blocking. so she can't simply use her sword to barely avoid the poisoned tentacles like the others. Muzan simply beats her at her own game...
That thought crossed my mind, but at the same time, it's still disappointing. Given the description of her "constitution", it feels like she should be the 2nd physically strongest Pillar there and should've been doing pretty well. I'd have even accepted if she was doing extremely well to begin with, but her lack of experience put her out of the game early.

oddsend

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I thought it was something like a synchronization of the wielder's fervor to their sword. Something triggered by near-death experience.