Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 196 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 196 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, tamayo's drug just got way too convenient. Usually the hashira work with rather clear rules regarding what they can or can't do. As in, breaths techniques are in no form or context magical (so far), they are all just fancy ways to swing a stick of metal when you activate gear 2. Nichirin swords kill demons when you decapitate them with some exceptions. Red blades have special still not fully understood properties though they involve slowing down demon regeneration and perhaps leaving a more permanent wound in them. But then tamayo comes in and her medicine just does whatever. It feels like the author made muzan so powerful that he needed something to bail out the plot.

I can already imagine the next volume:

Muzan: Damn you tamayo and your drug with 4 effects!
Tamayo: kukuku, did you think I was telling the truth? Fascinating.
Muzan: So.... 5?
Tamayo: YES!!!!!!!! My drug has FUCKING FIVE EFFECTS!
Muzan: The fuck did you inject me with!? What's the fifth eff- *bark bark bark*
Tamayo: It makes you bark for a bit, obviously.
Iguro: Is he fucking barking?
Kaburamaru: Zzz, zzz'z, zzzz Z zz zzzz zzzzz (Dude, don't even, I am just a snake).
Muzan: bark bark bar- YOU CUNT!
Tamayo: Don't be like that, you are going to love the sixth effect.
Muzan:.... Did something happen? It doesn't look like something happened.
Tanjiro: Iguro! Watch out! Muzan just grew adorable cat ears, he is probably going to use a new form!
Muzan: FUCK!

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
You know with Muzan being as weakened as he is I wonder if Kanroji could actually make a return to the fight and contribute something more relevant at this point. I mean technically she is still the least injured without any missing limbs and she just had 30+ minutes of rest at this point whereas Muzan is at the brink of exhaustion she should theoretically be able to be of some threat shouldn't she? She's in way better shape than a blind swords man and a half-blind one who are technically suffering effects of Muzan's poison LOL.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Agree they are some still left to explore what you list is correct

As to say this arc isn t confirm final arc. It just feels like it
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nope Explaination of Blue spider lily should be explore far more and talk about. Its main reason How monster like Muzan come too be. I hope this will be explore more.

What Yoriichi do after he left Sumiyoshi should be interesting side story to be explore. Creator perhaps should write side story after series end about this.

With Muzan dead,Demon slayers corps and Pillars ceast to exist. Tanjiro and everyone should probably went their seperate ways.

Muzan backstory and origins should be explore Its bullshit and lame if he doesn t

Ubuyashiki Family should be explore in Epiloue like everyonelse

If creator pull another villian out hat Nezuko being human and after Muzan dying sequel is possible

epilogue and Time skip:I think everyone should get epilogue and Timeskip of what happen To Tanjiro,Nezuko and all remaining survivors from Demon slayers corps after Muzan is kill.

Lets not forget This isn t even confirm final arc despite looking like one.
Muzan's main thing is that he is an absolutely irredeamable piece of crap. If you take that away and give him some sort of miserable backstory you're effectively killing any point the character ever had in the context of the story. He doesn't need one and doesn't deserve one.

Also now that Nezuko is human and Muzan is about to die you'll have closure for everything in the story and the entire cast's goals (more or less) achieved. There is no point whatsoever introducing a new villain, doing that will just feel like a huge disconnection with the characters. That is how you go the NNT way, and you most definitely do not want to go the NNT way.

If Wani wants it to continue (which there have been no signs of whatsoever) she should do it the JoJo way.

blood_raven

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
looks like this series is over in couple chapters. I can t see how can creator extend this

Unless there is new villian after Muzan

Tamayo completely wreck Muzan.
What are the odds that Tamayo becomes a new demon queen?

trippyeagle

Reaction score
Country
United States
I understand everyone thinks Tamayo’s drug is too convenient, but she was with Muzan when Yurichii nearly killed him. She’s lived for hundreds of years plotting how to kill the man who forced her to eat her family. I’m more than certain that she’s been planning this since that day Muzan escaped. We all figured the first effect of the medicine wouldn’t fully turn Muzan into a human, and if it wasn’t for this medicine the hashira would stand NO chance against this final boss. UP 1 fight killed one hashira, and Genya. This Muzan fight has knocked rock pillar (the strongest btw) out of the fight, Giyu has one arm, who knows what’s going on with the wind pillar, and now Iguro is blind. This was all in one chapter. This medicine is warranted 100%.

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If Muzan goes out this way then hes a sad excuse for a final boss.
Sad excuse? He defeated almost everyone in The manga, and it took every drop of strenght The demons slayers had to defeat him and in The end they had to poison him and sacrifice themselves in order to achieve Victory.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You know with Muzan being as weakened as he is I wonder if Kanroji could actually make a return to the fight and contribute something more relevant at this point. I mean technically she is still the least injured without any missing limbs and she just had 30+ minutes of rest at this point whereas Muzan is at the brink of exhaustion she should theoretically be able to be of some threat shouldn't she? She's in way better shape than a blind swords man and a half-blind one who are technically suffering effects of Muzan's poison LOL.
I am pretty sure that is basically the point of kanroji at this point. She will make a recover just as the other hashira and with her rather uniquely strong body will be able to do some damage. Also, she will likely return in time to watch obanai die a virgin *soap opera intensifies*. I would question whether being knocked unconscious into a wall counts as rest though. That's more of a coma....

Sad excuse? He defeated almost everyone in The manga, and it took every drop of strenght The demons slayers had to defeat him and in The end they had to poison him and sacrifice themselves in order to achieve Victory.
Add to that that this was after muzan began experiencing tamayo's and shinobu's unlimited drug works.

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So why didn't they just give Muzan the medicine and wait for him to die w.o even fighting him?
Prob something gonna happen.
Muzan probably could find a cure for the poison if He didn't had to deal with The demon slayers At the same time.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
first, nezuko from the very beginning was supposed to be tanjiro's damsel in distress so i guess it would be fine if she would not contribute anything in the muzan fight.

second, i kinda like the idea of muzan turning kamado family into demons and fortunately only nezuko made it.

lastly, since im kinda exposed in field of medicine. i think it would be plain to say that tamayo's transformation formula is non other than a "chemotherapeutic drug" in laymans term. it weakens the body, and then destroys the cells. and muzan can be also compared to a cancer cell. it attaches itself, propagates, and turns other cells into cancer cells, capable of creating a mass or flesh which is alien to the body.
To be precise, it's four separate drugs as per tamayo,
Drug 1: Return to human (already metabolized and neutralized, at this point only served as a failure or a decoy)
Drug 2: Accelerate aging ; so far effected muzan speed and dulled his reactions
Drug 3: Inhibit cell division ; I'm not sure if this is limited to making clones but also wound regeneration
Drug 4: Works in conjugation with drug 3, to destroy the parts weakened by it

So only one drug with actual cytotoxic effect, as I imagine the poison shinobu uses would usually do, but I guess on normal health muzan it wouldn't make a dent.

I don't know how much pharmacology will continue to play a role but a human doctor with human lifespan made muzan a demon with a drug, for 300+ years and UM blood tamayo who's a doctor has been cooking recipes, and shinobu come from a family of pharmacist and is specialized in demon poisoning. Then there is muzan himself who is seen mixing stuff in UMs centennial conferences, so he must have some understanding, he might figure something out by metabolizing human nezuko

I understand everyone thinks Tamayo’s drug is too convenient, but she was with Muzan when Yurichii nearly killed him. She’s lived for hundreds of years plotting how to kill the man who forced her to eat her family. I’m more than certain that she’s been planning this since that day Muzan escaped. We all figured the first effect of the medicine wouldn’t fully turn Muzan into a human, and if it wasn’t for this medicine the hashira would stand NO chance against this final boss. UP 1 fight killed one hashira, and Genya. This Muzan fight has knocked rock pillar (the strongest btw) out of the fight, Giyu has one arm, who knows what’s going on with the wind pillar, and now Iguro is blind. This was all in one chapter. This medicine is warranted 100%.
Not to mention the story always acknowledge the deceased efforts even when they seem in vain, shino, tokitou and genya are considered keys of victory. tamayo was squashed like a mosquito by muzan let her harvest what she planted. meh people will complain anyhow.

I understand the sentiment that the chapters are relatively slow, but we usually have build up chapters followed by pay off. in my case the only one that left me unsatisfied was douma part 2 (part 1 was amazing) otherwise lets complain once the fight wrap up and is still unsatisfactory. I'm a tad sad no one is freaking out nezuko is back a human when someone so kindly complied the pages of that scene. I'll cry again once that on anime

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
We can all agree that Muzan is not a weakling and that he is powerful as heck (so much they had to nerf him drastically), but, tbh, I found the battles against the Upper Moons more dynamic and engaging than this whole final fight against him. The saving graces of this battle are everyone's teamwork against him and Iguro in general.

Last edited:

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Muzan's main thing is that he is an absolutely irredeamable piece of crap. If you take that away and give him some sort of miserable backstory you're effectively killing any point the character ever had in the context of the story. He doesn't need one and doesn't deserve one.

Also now that Nezuko is human and Muzan is about to die you'll have closure for everything in the story and the entire cast's goals (more or less) achieved. There is no point whatsoever introducing a new villain, doing that will just feel like a huge disconnection with the characters. That is how you go the NNT way, and you most definitely do not want to go the NNT way.

If Wani wants it to continue (which there have been no signs of whatsoever) she should do it the JoJo way.
No Muzan still need backstory and origin It doesn t need to redemn him but just show his past

Nope nothing guarantee there won t be sequel we just see

Last edited:

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
No Muzan still need backstory and origin It doesn t need tp redemn him but just show his past
I mean he has a backstory. He was a miserable, sickly person that was cured by a doctor with a method that turned him into a demon. Then he killed the doctor and started his reign of evil. If he is given a backstory before he kicks the bucket, I guess it will be an expansion of that scene.

Triok

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Not sure if someone already point it out or not, but in chapter 146 when zenitsu is talking with is gramps, the flowers that's tangling with his feet has the same design as teh blue spider lily in ch 127. So maybe that blue spider lily is something that only grews in afterlife (whi the hell is the doctor to get them thought...), hence make him imortal or something.

sterben.

Reaction score
Country
Japan
If Muzan dies, the demon slayers would no longer serve any purpose.
remember, muzan said the medicine is just in the experimental phase. my theory is that, the reason why muzan cant find the spiderlily is because it is in another country. what if there is another muzan in the far away lands? example, since its in the heian period at that time what if the bluespiderlily is the emperor's long awaited elixir of immortality? yes, only muzan's demon group will disappear. proof? there's yushiro. and yushiro didnt even vanish when tamayo died. so its possible to create demons that can sustain on their own. thus, demonslayers will always have something to do as long as the bluespiderlily is around

and if its possible, maybe there're demonslaying monks in china that uses sutras to concentrate just like genya and repetitive actions like gyomei.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

and what if yoriichi had the idea/lead to the possible location of bluespiderlilies? what if he created his own demonslaying corps consisting of common people like fishermen, carpenters, or even farmers? or he made it to another land where he contemplated before facing his own demon; kokushibo? what if started a new family? haha i have a lot of these questions on my mind right now

Sereen123

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I still think the blue spider Lilly has to be used for something.

Shiro Namikaze

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So... What happened with Sanemi and Giyuu? I know that Giyuu lost an arm, but at least Sanemi didn't seem to have been dismembered. I believe he can join the fight to help Iguro and Tanjirou, Zenitsu and probably Inosuke can do this too.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Did anyone See that Nezuko have flashblack of nearly everyone from good guys including kagaya Ubuyashiki except for Obanai,Ubuyashiki childrens,Himejima and Kagaya wifes.

she didn t have any obanai,Himejima,Ubuyashiki childrens and kagaya wifes as she has literally zero interactions with them

Himejima and Obanai is simply line up there in the memory. Not anything significant compare to the rest.

Nezuko even remember Sanemi face 😀

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... mostly a recap? That is kinda anticlimactic. The manga is definitely ending if nezuko isn't a demon anymore.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Nope Explaination of Blue spider lily should be explore far more and talk about. Its main reason How monster like Muzan come too be. I hope this will be explore more.
I would say that the risk is minimal, in a thousand years from what we know only Muzan has taken advantage of it ....

However, I really hope that Tamayo's poison doesn't do all the work and that at least all the characters left contribute to Muzan's defeat.