Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 198 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 198 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Out of this chapters covering Muzan's fight, this has to be the most intense. The main trio surpassing their limits to wound Muzan further while the Pillars act as a very needed support. Again, the part where Kanroji rips Muzan's arm like nothing was just awesome (she finally contributed to the fight, thank God).

I can't see Muzan escaping of this fight with life after all those nerfs and being cornered like that. Only a miracle can save him at this point.

Last edited:

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I hope Nezuko doesn't become this said "miracle".

About the chapter, just had the pleasure to read it. Seriously, this is exactly what I wanted for the final battle. As I said earlier, Muzan is way above any living creature when it comes to raw power and experience. It gives the chills to see how desperate he and the slayers are. He wants to survive no matter what. They want to finish him no matter what - literally, Iguro gettin eaten alive, just how far can he go? Hashira MVP for me.

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Everyone keep saying this is final arc. Yet Gotouge hasn t even said this is final arc despite sharing same magazine as promise neverland which has been confirm final arc.

I think this is end game i agree 90 percent most likely

But please don t turn your opinions into fact like saying its confirm final arc

We arent creator or editor we have no right to say its final arc until confirm by them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Muzan can possibly survive If he does a reincarnation like king picollo at DBZ

Its not impossible this series talks about reincarnation a lot and stuffs

Seeing Muzan Jr isn t impossible

After seeing all Crazy stuffs upper moons do and now Muzan releasing electric from his body which is crazy.

Its not impossible

It all depends if Gotouge wants to extend series.
Muzan getting pulverish left and right I wonder how is gonna get out this situations seems its end of him. Is he out of tricks or is he? Will see

If Muzan has any tricks left in him now is best time to do it as sun is rising?
People are not wrong to believe that this is the final arc. Even though the author didn't say anything about the end of the manga, when you read this arc there is a lot that makes it clear that it's near the end.
for example, in chapter 196 the author made Nezuko remember all the characters she encountered in the manga following each other's order.
you have tomioka and sakonshi that appeared at the beginning of the story.
then Tamayo and Yushiro who appeared in Tokyo, and Zenitsu and Inosuke who participated in the mansion arc and Natagumo mountain.
When an author uses this resource it is because it is ending, Hiro mashima used something similar when Fairy tail was ending.
you are right, neither the author nor the jump confirmed it, it may be that she extends the story, which would be very bad for the story, but it is not our fault to believe that this is the end.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, sunrise already? I liked the chapter. Plotwise not much happened but the sheer intensity of attack after attack after attack sold me on it even when I was kinda skeptical about the spoilers.

I am still wondering what nezukos role in this will be. I am thinking she will simply be the last and final distraction to end muzan. Right now muzan is in full survivor mode... And the hashira don't have much in them. He can and probably will escape them. But he will run into nezuko, get distracted for an instant... and die as his 1000 year old objective eludes his grasp by a hair.

On another note, how funny would it be if muzan being exposed to the sun didn't kill him but rather it made him human, unlike with every other demon?

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Oh, sunrise already? I liked the chapter. Plotwise not much happened but the sheer intensity of attack after attack after attack sold me on it even when I was kinda skeptical about the spoilers.

I am still wondering what nezukos role in this will be. I am thinking she will simply be the last and final distraction to end muzan. Right now muzan is in full survivor mode... And the hashira don't have much in them. He can and probably will escape them. But he will run into nezuko, get distracted for an instant... and die as his 1000 year old objective eludes his grasp by a hair.

On another note, how funny would it be if muzan being exposed to the sun didn't kill him but rather it made him human, unlike with every other demon?
I felt the same way.
When Zenitsu was like "my bones are broken but I still need to do something", showing how much his willpower was kickin him to continue fighting and help everyone...
Inosuke too, consecutively attacking despite how badly wonded he is. And Obanai using himself as a meatshield. Color me impressed.

Napstablook

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Maybe Muzan will pull a Kars.

im.me

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This arc has teased a lot demons overcoming their limitations, mostly dead by beheading, and they have mostly failed because they are reminded of their humanity by, memories or the spirits of their beloved. But Muzan doesn't have/had either so I bet he overcomes the dead by sunlight without eating Nezuko.

Taska

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This arc has teased a lot demons overcoming their limitations, mostly dead by beheading, and they have mostly failed because they are reminded of their humanity by, memories or the spirits of their beloved. But Muzan doesn't have/had either so I bet he overcomes the dead by sunlight without eating Nezuko.
I don't think it works this way. Sunlight immunity and immunity to beheading is two separate things in my opinion. Nezuko conquered the sun, but I'm pretty sure that she would die, if some demon slayer decided to chop her head off with Nichirin blade.
I think it's more like two routes of upgrade : You either can be immune to sun by showing that you are more human than the demon, like Nezuko did, or you can regrow your head, proving that you are an ultimate monster with no turning back option.
Or something like that

Plus we don't know exactly the requirements for sun immunity. It was briefly mentioned by Tamayo, that it has to do something with Nezuko never regaining her full conciousness, but never fully explained. I wish Gotouge would say something about that in upcoming chapters.

aaannnnannan

Reaction score
Country
England
zenitsu and insure are fucking Goat.Did sanemi lose an arm , because the panel wasn't really clear? Now i expect the battle to end in chapter 200 , and i don't really even care about Muzan backstory. Probably all the pillars will die , that would make sense .

Super Angillis

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Remember this extra page from the second novel? this feels relevant

"It feels extremely strange having your head bitten, roughly everyone ends up making this face (nezuko's)"

Thank you for the insight into iguro's situation sensei, I have a lot of questions
So what you are saying is Tanjiro is going to turn into a demon and eat Nezuko's brain? I don't think I want that ending.
I was thinking it'd be funny if the sun comes up, Muzan finds out he counquered it a long time ago, he was just too chickenshit to check, and then immediatly gets killed off in a different manner.
Maybe Muzan will pull a Kars.
I already made that joke. Complete with the part about getting blown into space, and becoming mindless.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Yes the intensity is at it's all time high. Zenitsu finally pulled off his Electric Fire Dragon, and even more.. Inosuke Boar head Bro is kicking ass while madd injured. It's crazy Muzan's time is up.

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
So what you are saying is Tanjiro is going to turn into a demon and eat Nezuko's brain? I don't think I want that ending.
I can't even, how did you infer that? It just show us the author knows what skull biting feel like

I'm really hype for next chapter, I think it will carry plot plus the action. Really what I was curious most about of this chapter was to check up on shinazugawa

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Damn, now that I've catched up and read the official translations I must say that despite not being so much of a fan with the way most of this fight has been handled, I loved those last chapters, specially the two last ones. The desesperation and the struggle each side has, one to annihilate the targed that has fucked them up along with the entirely of mankind during hundreds of years and the other to survive is really well done. It gives me Father vs Everyone vibes, a battle in which the antagonist was so overpowered that the author had to considerably nerf him for the protagonists to have a chance. Even though I don't like the fact that we'll never see Muzan at his best, I can't help but feel really excited and hyped for the next few chapters, which should be the resolution of this fight.