Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 203 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 203 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

MAX_COLA_POWER!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
No jump next week due to golden week break, see you all in 2 weeks.

R21_

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
It's next week and KnY will have an LCP. I think next chapter will have a funeral for sure for all the dead chars, am curious to see what the LCP will be about.
Edit: i forgot about golden week, guess we're waiting 2 weeks now yay
what does LCP mean?

-Stray

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Ok... I don't care if I sound cheap,cheesy, easy to please but God damn this chapter made me tear my eyes out... beautiful ending to a very grim last battle, seriously tho while I was mostly on board with Tanjirou dying I don't mind him having that shounen plot armor, if more than anyone he deserves that armor.
It honestly would have been way too damn sad if he died with how the last fight went along, it would crush them little boy's hearts. Overall the fight was ok, ending was beautiful and I'm definitely getting all those volumes.

IamAshleylol

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's next week and KnY will have an LCP. I think next chapter will have a funeral for sure for all the dead chars, am curious to see what the LCP will be about.
Edit: i forgot about golden week, guess we're waiting 2 weeks now yay
What is LCP?

R21_

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
wait i just realized Tanjirou’s left arm is gone again. I thought by becoming a demon his left arm will permanently grow back. well, im still glad he’s alive tho

raytheartist

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, let's rephrase things in a way that doesn't have it get removed (hopefully).

Just as it's okay for you to think things are amazingly written and perfect, it's equally okay for someone to dislike the way things turned out. And to imply that if someone is in the latter category, it means they're "toxic," is a toxic mindset to have.

Actually debating the details of the writing and the arc itself, instead of telling people to "get over it," is a much better way to approach things.
let me rephrase. its toxic to say "i dont like this ending, therefore this manga sucks." thats toxic. honestly, i wished the manga had a slightly different ending. its written very well.

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
So it’s ending next chapter or is it ending chapter 205

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
And there it is... muzan trying to pass on his will.. only for no one to take it... destined to spend eternity in whatever hell he earned in his sad excuse of a life and not even a soul to remember him by.

And it says... next issue, the climax? What more climax could there be? Is the next chapter the last? I still maintain that demon wise the only loose end is yushiro. He is likely to walk into the light by his own will and reunite with tamayo though.

Taiyoo

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Tanjiro got rid of the eye thing but didn't keep his arm? How does it make sense. I thought he was regenerated while being a demon.

MAX_COLA_POWER!

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
And there it is... muzan trying to pass on his will.. only for no one to take it... destined to spend eternity in whatever hell he earned in his sad excuse of a life and not even a soul to remember him by.

And it says... next issue, the climax? What more climax could there be? Is the next chapter the last? I still maintain that demon wise the only loose end is yushiro. He is likely to walk into the light by his own will and reunite with tamayo though.
I find it quite poetic actually, someone who thought himself to be the creator of all demons, the alpha and omega, worshiped and feared by all of his kind, only to fade away in oblivion, without a soul to mourn for him. Those who yell the loudest are always afraid to pass on as the meekest.

Taska

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tanjiro got rid of the eye thing but didn't keep his arm? How does it make sense. I thought he was regenerated while being a demon.
Well, his regenerated eye looks kinda different from the other and it's still not clear, what actually happened to his regenerated arm, people around him block the view.
I suspect, that they are back, but not fully functional. Kinda, he has a weaker than before left arm and maybe his is half blind on the right eye now just like Kanao. Something like that.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
But how exactly is Nezuko's reaction when Zenitsu calls her his wife?

Disgusted, flattered, or perplexed?

BlueLagoon

Reaction score
Country
Montenegro
I'm really glad that a large number of fans liked this chapter. There are things that could be done better, but I appreciate being able to be fortunate enough to have traveled on this bus called Demon Slayer during these three years. They flew by in the blink of an eye, and I'm left with all the history, its characters and its incredible fights.

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Just read this chapter listening to Kamado Tanjiro no Uta.

It was worth it. This was a beautiful chapter, despite the overall ending and this whole final fight not going the way I expected, that doesn't mean it's bad. In fact, I still liked it overall. It hasn't been that long since I've been reading this series week after week. I realised of his existence with the anime and I caught up around the start of Koku's fight with the manga, and despite the little time, I've been really invested into it and when it ends, I can't help but think that I'm definitely going to miss it.

BlueLagoon

Reaction score
Country
Montenegro
I totally share your point of view. Sometimes we lose so much but so much time debating what would be the perfect ending that we forget to take advantage of the good that a manga has had.

Last edited:

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So, I don´t think its toxic to critizice the ending.
If you had a fine dinner where in the end instead of dessert the waitress would shit in your mouth, that would degrade the experience.
Which does not take away the fact that the other dishes that came before were great.

Now which part of this will stick more into your mind is something personal, so tl dr
Both sides are in the right

Now for me,
I think this really sucked. And it sucked hard because of how great the overall series it was.
While not as catastrophic as that pile of bad writing named "Game of Thrones Finale", it left me with the same overall feeling, that something so great deserved a way better send-off.

And while the final fight is flat out horrible*, the author had a chance to make up for what was lacking in this extra boss that was demon tanjiro.
Be it giving Nezuko** some time to shine, more on the young trio which was (understandbly) sidelined on the fight against muzan, or giving more insight into the later.
Should the next chapter be a "10 years into the future" type of epilogue, the fact that you can flat out skip the fight with Demon Tanjiro is nothing short of bad writing.
Not a cool fight at all.
No character development for anyone.
No plot advancement.
Nothing.
Literally nothing of importance happened in this fight, i mean, it does look like Tanjiro´s arm didin´t even come back. (And any other kind of damage they suffered such as maybe Kanao going blind can easily be seen as side-effects from the Muzan battle).

And by GODS, Muzan was a threating villian, that made us fear even for the antagonists himself, as he clearlly didn´t see any value on any of them save MAYBE biwa girl (who also got shafted). Expand his backstory, his arsenal of powers, anything. The fact that I can turn on a fan with some razor strings attached to it and get the same results in real is dissapointing. And even if you take into account his blasts, look at Bijuudamas in Naruto, these can be made way more threating-looking with some simple art.
He deserved better.

Fuck, the love pair of hashiras that died had their serious injuries almost offscrened, ffs. At the very least Kanroji deserved a pannel showing her arms MAYBE being blown off (since we actually dont really see it outside of that blur small image 2 chapters back).

Overall, I am one of the people that will not forget the shitting of the waiter, and I really don´t even feel like re-reading this series.
Watching best moments in youtube, and waiting for hope of S2 doing this fight justice? Sure, I still like it! But by the gods

We deserved something better and YALL know we could´ve

*And it was mostly on the action point. I can safely see the anime doing a great job here, expanding the fight and maybe even adding 2-5 minutes of Muzan backstory. But we shoulnd´t have to wait for this in a manga we know can reach way higher heights, such as the fight against Upper Moon 1

**And I mean ffs, Nezuko was seen by many as one of the protagonists, had a cool powered form, but she literally dind´t do shit.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not sure if tanjiro actually lost his arm. It looks like it but the art is fuzzy enough that it just might not be the case. As for his eye, assuming tanjiro didn't keep his arm, there is a good chance that tanjiro never lost it. The eye would have simply been under the tumor... That said, if all the healing that happened due to tanjiro temporarily being a demon was undone it'd make more sense if even the other serious wounds tanjiro had were back thus tanjiro should die.

Seeing zenitsu this chapter... dunno why but this time it seemed actually creepy. Other times the thing is more successful at being funny.

Merlin918

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I don´t think its toxic to critizice the ending.
If you had a fine dinner where in the end instead of dessert the waitress would shit in your mouth, that would degrade the experience.
Which does not take away the fact that the other dishes that came before were great.

Now which part of this will stick more into your mind is something personal, so tl dr
Both sides are in the right

Now for me,
I think this really sucked. And it sucked hard because of how great the overall series it was.
While not as catastrophic as that pile of bad writing named "Game of Thrones Finale", it left me with the same overall feeling, that something so great deserved a way better send-off.

And while the final fight is flat out horrible*, the author had a chance to make up for what was lacking in this extra boss that was demon tanjiro.
Be it giving Nezuko** some time to shine, more on the young trio which was (understandbly) sidelined on the fight against muzan, or giving more insight into the later.
Should the next chapter be a "10 years into the future" type of epilogue, the fact that you can flat out skip the fight with Demon Tanjiro is nothing short of bad writing.
Not a cool fight at all.
No plot advancement.
Nothing.
Literally nothing of importance happened in this fight, i mean, it does look like Tanjiro´s arm didin´t even come back. (And any other kind of damage they suffered such as maybe Kanao going blind can easily be seen as side-effects from the Muzan battle).

And by GODS, Muzan was a threating villian, that made us fear even for the antagonists himself, as he clearlly didn´t see any value on any of them save MAYBE biwa girl (who also got shafted). Expand his backstory, his arsenal of powers, anything. The fact that I can turn on a fan with some razor strings attached to it and get the same results in real is dissapointing. And even if you take into account his blasts, look at Bijuudamas in Naruto, these can be made way more threating-looking with some simple art.
He deserved better.

Fuck, the love pair of hashiras that died had their serious injuries almost offscrened, ffs. At the very least Kanroji deserved a pannel showing her arms MAYBE being blown off (since we actually dont really see it outside of that blur small image 2 chapters back).

Overall, I am one of the people that will not forget the shitting of the waiter, and I really don´t even feel like re-reading this series.
Watching best moments in youtube, and waiting for hope of S2 doing this fight justice? Sure, I still like it! But by the gods

We deserved something better and YALL know we could´ve

*And it was mostly on the action point. I can safely see the anime doing a great job here, expanding the fight and maybe even adding 2-5 minutes of Muzan backstory. But we shoulnd´t have to wait for this in a manga we know can reach way higher heights, such as the fight against Upper Moon 1

**And I mean ffs, Nezuko was seen by many as one of the protagonists, had a cool powered form, but she literally dind´t do shit.
Sorry, but you are way out of line here.

Your comparison to Naruto was very poor and showed you have a bad understanding of what makes a story good at all. Naruto was nowhere near as good with its final fights as KnY was, not even close. Toyoharu may not have disposed of Muzan in a perfect way, but it was still an excellent narrative finale, all things considered. It's rare that a shonen gets as many things right as KnY does, and i still think it's a great shonen even if there were some flaws in the ending. It's sort of like comparing consistent repeated 10/10 perfection throughout a whole series to an 8/10 result in a single fight with a bit of error in it and calling that 'shitting on the reader'. I get the sense that too many readers like you feel entitled to total perfection and can't understand how difficult that is to pull off. I understand why you feel bad about something so good like KnY having a disappointment at the end, but i think you're still just not being sufficiently appreciative. As a critic, when you make these claims about the badness of the story, you have a duty to follow through and explain in detail just how it is so bad. It seems like you tried, but basically, most of your important judgements were mistaken so your negativity is not only impolite but also wrong.

First of all, this:
Kato756 said:
Not a cool fight at all.
No plot advancement.
Nothing.
Of course it was a good fight. This battle was never intended to be on the same scale as the Muzan one. Nezuko is right next to Tanjirou the whole time hugging him and he isn't attacking her. It is obvious character development. This time Nezuko is the one saving Tanjirou from being a demon. Tanjirou's friends also got a chance to put their lives on the line to try to save him which makes it all personal once again now that the big battle is over. A very important thing happened in the fight, Tanjirou got saved from being a demon...Are we even reading the same manga here?

Kato756 said:
He deserved better.
The whole point of Muzan as a character is that he rejected his history as a human, so including his backstory wouldn't be important since he no longer cared about it and didn't even in death, nor did any other character ever care about his history since everyone hated him. We learned of his history with Yorichi and of him becoming a demon, there wasn't much else left to say. Plus, this chapter basically gave a portrait of Muzan's mentality and character. He wanted to be an ultimate being because of his fear of death and later grew hateful of his condition as someone who couldn't go out in the sunlight, yet determined to try to find sun immunity some day. He was scared of death and possibly had nihilist views about the afterlife/didn't believe one existed, since he reacted with rage when Ubayashiki told him that someone like him would just cease to exist when he died. Of course, Ubayashiki was probably thinking of him ceasing to exist in the sense that there would be nobody left who cared about him or believed in the same things as him after he died, while Muzan likely had a different fear, that his consciousness and existence would really just disappear for eternity without going to any afterlife, and he may not have believed in the afterlife. It seems like he may have changed his views once he died and therefore decided that an afterlife being real must mean Tanjirou was chosen by God to be the ultimate being. His whole emotional speech at the end as he was abandoned in the afterlife was all the character development anyone could've asked for him to have.

He had plenty of powers, i don't get why that even matters. What more powers would you even have given him? He spammed blade strikes, had AOE lightning attacks, and contaminated people with demon blood on top of all that. This guy fought off a squad of overpowered fighters all at once. Was he supposed to start throwing energy blasts like a DBZ character for you to be satisfied?

Bijuudamas in naruto were just one of many examples of how naruto had bad writing and bad power scaling, whether they 'looked threatening' or not, they weren't a real danger to the good guys even though in reality the bad guys would have killed everyone had they spammed those. Yes, his lightning-explosions were limited in power, but they were still pretty strong. If he had been throwing giant bijuudamas around, everyone would have gotten quickly slaughtered. Toyoharu is very consistent with the power levels and this is a good thing.

As for the rest of what you said, the Muzan final battle wasn't perfect, and if you want to see my criticisms, read my earlier post in the thread. But you are just throwing out random individual complaints that don't even show the battle had core flaws. In fact, as far as i know, you have this massive misunderstanding of the whole fight. Do you not realize that the Hashiras are all going to die from the effects of their marks being amped up by Tanjirou? That means the fight was basically a 100% casualty rate. I don't understand what the core thing you think was wrong with the fight even is. You just said two injuries were offscreened, but quite a great deal of damage done by muzan was on screen. What's wrong with blade spam? You just said it was the same as a fan with razor string but so what if it is repetitive? Does that mean you would've had him move around more, then? In that case, how should he have fought against all the hashiras at once to be less repetitive? The repetitive bladestorm had a key strength of explaining why none of them could get up close against him for long and why he was able to attack tons of people surrounding him. So what's your replacement? Bladestorm, aoe lightning, or something else, he still always needed some way to do that up until he oneshot all the hashiras at once. Do you disagree?

Basically, TLDR, you complain while hardly even saying what is bad in a clear way, and don't even get to saying what would have been better in detail. Would he have used super speed to sometimes focus on one hashira? In that case, he would have escaped, so it would be a bad idea from a writing standpoint. He had to be containable. Even if he had used more single energy blasts like you seem to want, it would have to have not been enough for him to break free of the encirclement and get away. He used a large variety of powers in the end anyways. He even went so far as making a giant flesh shield and trying to escape underground. His use of his suboordinates like the pocket dimension Upper Moon was also very entertaining and exciting in the past, and showed a command of a wide variety of abilities by the enemy side, even if he didn't use them all himself. I just don't see what more you are asking for. You sound so entitled that you demand a better version even when you don't know what's bad and can't begin to imagine a complete version of the 'better fight'. It just makes your whole post off putting.

The Upper Moon 1 fight was better in some ways, sure, and i already pointed out the core plothole in the muzan fight that made it bad. AKA, that Muzan didn't invade way earlier at night and the Hashiras held out so long against him despite being exhausted by upper moons and whittled away quickly by them. But that doesn't mean the core concept of the muzan fight was bad. Bladestorm spam+poisonous blood on every tentacle+AOE lightning techniques+near total invincibility and regeneration is a rather nasty combination. It would have been plenty good if they had either been consistently able to stall him for hours or if Tanjirou had killed him long before the sun came up. However, you seem to have not even noticed that, yet

Nezuko did plenty in saving Tanjirou at the end and that mirrored what he did for her so long ago, it was a perfect reversal. How would you even have altered her role there? Want her to be throwing exploding purging flames at him? That would remove the whole point, she was trying to reach out to his inner self while the others fought his tentacles, and she had plenty of opportunity to get close and hug him because he was very weak after his near death experience against Muzan. Also, she probably does not even have Demon powers anymore due to the medicine working, so what else was she supposed to do? Suddenly asspull Breathing Techniques and swing a sword around at him? She was normal human level until proven otherwise, there was literally nothing else she can do. She was pretty brave, all things considered, to choose to get right next to him despite his powerful Demon abilities, knowing he could kill her at any moment, and to never show fear the whole time.

That seems to be just about everything. But no, you really didn't deserve any better. Your waiter comment just made your post much worse to me. You acted with that comment like the author intentionally ruined the fight or something along those lines, when clearly, Toyoharu was unsure how to resolve it in the best way and it had flaws with the ending as a result. In other words, your comment contained an implicit lie about author intent that just discredits you much further on top of making your comment not fun to read. Your negativity is pretty much baseless.

I don't really care that you said you liked the series overall and were really disappointed because the rest was so good, as your way of expressing what you thought was incoherent and rude, and what you were actually thinking was about 80% wrong. It feels like you don't understand any of the core things the manga is about and denigrate it for no good reason. Instead, you should actually think through what you are saying rather than emotionally lash out for no reason, and build a complete model of both the key flaws and what you would do if you had been the mangaka, so that your complaints actually mean something. Or, if you can't always have a model of the better version, and I admit this can happen to anyone, since it's easier to criticize than to be the writer, you could at least write your criticism in a more conditional way admitting that you aren't sure what the better version would be, rather than being so hostile for no reason.