Canon - King vs WCI Snakeman Luffy | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Canon King vs WCI Snakeman Luffy

Who wins ?

• Total voters

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think it's comparable.
There is a large difference between Snake man speed and light speed :cheez.
And it's not because something is fast that it's strong, it's only in manga that a drop of water have the effect of a bullet when thrown.

I don't say that Snake-man is weak, but it's certainly weaker than Kong Gun, or all others techniques would be useless.
We can see that Luffy never use Snake-Man against Kaido, because he's a tough type fighter, he only use Kong.

If your statement was true... It would be used even against Kaido...But in reality it's only effective in speed battle.
So I don't think SnakeMan would be effective against an ancien zoan, especially the first mate of a Yonkou.
The difference being lights speed in this manga has been dodged easily while Snakeman was so quick someone with Future Sight couldn't follow it until he realized what was happening and even then was getting tagged.

Your argument is like saying why Luffy didn't use tank man to tank Kaido's hits?

The answer is simple. Kaido just doesn't dodge unless its gunna hurt him. There's no need for Luffy to increase his speed when he's hitting Kaido without his fastest attacks(w/ advanced CoC.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
It stands to reason Snakeman deals less damage because it sheds muscle mass to achieve the increase in speed, otherwise Luffy would never bother with the "inferior" standard G4 form.

There shouldn't really be a debate there: it's like a feather weight being compared to a heavy weight. The feather weight is faster precisely because he weights less and, even though "speed is mass", the resulting increase in speed in the feather weight doesn't compensate the weight difference.

The feather weight would barely deal damage on the heavy weight with each hit, while he would risk going down as soon as the heavy weight lands a hit or two.

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
King is not above Marco LMAO. Using the bounties of two people in the same range is wild.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Luffy was able to predict where the pacifsta laser beams were going to hit and laser beams aren't alive. Zoro doesn't have future sight. Zoro having FS makes him being knocked out by the Yeti Cool brothers hilarious
But Pacifistas are…

Maybe ?

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
But Pacifistas are…

Maybe ?
Are you just not reading what I said...Their lasers aren't sentient. Zoro does not have future sight.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Are you just not reading what I said...Their lasers aren't sentient. Zoro does not have future sight.
But the one aiming and shooting the lasers is sentient. That's what you predict, in theory, with CoO.

I don't think Zoro has future sight, but he did predict where unsentient things were going to fall, with no sentient attacker involved, and that is different from what you're supposed to be capable of doing with CoO.

But that could very well just be Oda not having thought out the details of how haki would work so soon into the story. Or perhaps Rayleigh's explanation is just not 100% accurate. Luffy already used moderate future sight on Marineford.

A$APBog

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I mean, who's fighting Zoro right now bois ? I think it's King.
King low diff the fraud Snakeman Luffy is.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I mean, who's fighting Zoro right now bois ? I think it's King.
King low diff the fraud Snakeman Luffy is.
I get you troll the King vs Blackbeard bercause it's an absurd thread but King vs someone who was barely YC1 at the time isn't so absurd.

A$APBog

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I get you troll the King vs Blackbeard bercause it's an absurd thread but King vs someone who was barely YC1 at the time isn't so absurd.
To be honest, it's quite true. I think that Katakuri was actually a worst match-up for Luffy. He seemed far more versatile than King and was constantly aware of the threat Luffy posed. He effectively did not underestimated Luffy once, but the growth of the latter was quite unexpected.

However, King should show us a lot more in the following chapters. I think I will wait the end of the DuoQ to have an opinion