Games - Kingdom Hearts | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Kingdom Hearts

DaDarkDude

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Syria

I know we have a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans here, so feel free to discuss the games here.

I must admit when I first heard the concept of Squaresoft and Disney working together to create a Disney-FF crossover game, I thought they were crazy. And I was right - they were crazy geniuses. I can't believe they actually pulled it off, but Kingdom Hearts is a lot of fun to play and it was awesome "re-living" all my Disney experiences in this way, with Final Fantasy-type graphics and characters involved.

(I first read Disney comics long, long before I ever read manga, and Disney movies, of course, were quite commonplace in America here, and I watched nearly all of them when I was a kid growing up.)

I've heard that the third game will involve Final Fantasy to a larger extent instead of Disney worlds, so I'm also excited about that one as well.

Anyway, if you wanna talk about Kingdom Hearts at all, feel free to post away. I've completed the first KH game (even beaten Sephiroth - boy, he was tough), and I'm pretty far in the KH2 game, but decided to stop when FF XII came out. I have to level up quite a bit before even daring to challenge Sephiroth in that game, anyway.

Questions:

Which game did you like the best?
Did you mind the gameplay that much?
What would you like to see for a future game?

So I browsed through the threads and didn't spot a Kingdom Hearts one (surprisingly).
Though many belittle it and think it's a childish game because of the Disney protagonists, I believe the story is majestic, and the evil characters are amazing. The gameplay is addictive, and the music... if calling it music isn't sacrilegious... is eargasmic.

Anyone else here like the game? If not, why not?

[mod=Charlie]Merged Threads from GK, DaDarkDude[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Re: The Kingdom Hearts Thread!

You have beaten Sephiroth 0_o... you are imba GK

I like the first Kingdom hearts best (cuse i have only played that ^^ )
neeea i did not mind it so mutch
More disney charakters =D

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

I can't wait till they have the chain of memories avalible in PS2 in America....
(I just want to know the rest of the organization XIII)
and I kinda beat Kingdom Hearts 2 like in 2 days, now I am bore...... XP

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

That's pretty good that you beat KH2 in two days, movingstone, you must have played it nonstoppable o.O

zypher, once you get past the stage where Sephiroth can reduce your hp to 1, if you just keep attacking him you'll be fine. You just have to really be careful to get away if your hp's reduced to 1 and heal yourself in time before Sephiroth launches an attack to finish you off. That was the toughest part of the fight really. After that, it was almost too easy.

And since you haven't played KH2, you'll get your wish of more Disney characters in that one. I'm kind of tired of Disney characters after two KH games though, so I'm wanting more Final Fantasy characters in the next one.

zypher

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Aaah thanks for the tip GK ^^

Yeah more Final Fnatasy characters would be fine to.

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight said:
That's pretty good that you beat KH2 in two days, movingstone, you must have played it nonstoppable o.O
I must say i was wrong it was about three to four days acctually... (but the time went by so fast that it feel like 2 days)

Anyway are there gonna be a kingdom hearts 3 ???

I kill Sephiroth in Kingdom heart 1, but I kinda busy so I haven't play KH2 in awhile (after beating that nothing guy, but I still have not yet look for Sephiroth yet)...

bleachboy88

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score

Oh, how I love KH! Played the first one through 4 times, second game 8 times, and KH:COM about 10 (cause it was portable, play portable games more than console) and loved every minute of it!

My favorite would have to be KH II. I just loved how everything was improved (Especially the camera) and the more action oreianted battle system.
I LOVE the gameplay. Nothing ever struck me as boring anytime I played KH. Though the Gummi ship in KH1 definatly needed the work it received for KH2.

For Kingdom Hearts III, I would like to see........
The Return of Axel! Or at least who he was before he was a nobody. Also have Riku be more of a playable characther, and more all out war like when the Heartless invaded Radiant Garden in KH2.
Sorry, all the stuff I want would be spoliers for all of you who haven't play KH2 so be careful. :)

blasta

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I liked KH2 the best. The gameplay was fun and I kept playing it and never took disc out till I finished the game. :smile-big I hope they will include Final Fantasy characters like you said because thats one my favourite series and I would to see some in the next KH hopefully soon and possibly on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thHokage

Reaction score
Country
Australia
kh

Kingdom Hearts 2 was the best game for me (though i havent played chain of memories)
Honestly i feel that the gummi ship isnt needed in this series.

KH1 was a good game intself, kh2 was more cleaner and fixed most problems. Though one thing i can say about KH2 is that i felt it weas more easier than kh1 (except sepiroth)

As for KH3
i feel that the "team of three" instead of donald goofy and sora will be Riku Sora and kairi because the "special ending in kh2" shows that the next events revolve around Keybades more so than the other game/s and since only a few can wield the keyblade.

Storywise i feel that this game (esp kh2) exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds

ILUVATAR

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece

i have taken Kingdom Hearts 1 to it's limits, done everything, beaten everyone, won everything ^_^
i have played Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories in an emulator for GBA at my PC. the gameplay was kinda annoying but i enjoyed the story :D helps a lot in KH2
i have played Kingdom Hearts 2 and i have finished it but not complete it. i have a lot of things to do with the gumy ship, and i haven't unlocked everything i could create (not even Sora's ultimate weapon)
i showed to Anax a video in youtube the other day and he heard Guffy talking Japanese..... he was laughing for the rest of the day >.> that's Anax for you
i love the combination of Disney characters with Final Fantasy Characters ^.^ i think they hit the jackpot with that :D
i can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 :wtf from the day i saw that video i can't stop thinking about it...... it's the same with when i saw that video in KH1 xD (Another Side, Another Story) damn it was cool

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I got Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, but I never really could get into that. I guess I'm just not a big fan of Gameboy games.

4thHokage said:
KH1 was a good game intself, kh2 was more cleaner and fixed most problems. Though one thing i can say about KH2 is that i felt it weas more easier than kh1 (except sepiroth)
That was my main problem with KH2 too. It was almost too much of a breeze. I liked the first game better.

As for KH3
i feel that the "team of three" instead of donald goofy and sora will be Riku Sora and kairi because the "special ending in kh2" shows that the next events revolve around Keybades more so than the other game/s and since only a few can wield the keyblade.
That's a good guess and I wouldn't mind that happening.

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

4thHokage said:
Kingdom Hearts 2 was the best game for me (though i havent played chain of memories)
Honestly i feel that the gummi ship isnt needed in this series.
I came to love the gummi side quest after I have completed everything and after playing more than 60 hours of gameplay. sure the gummi isn't needed to finish the game but it's still a pretty interesting side game for me.

yeah, KH2 is easier than KH1, tough I find KH1's Sephiroth to be much harder than KH2's.Or maybe it's just me.
As for KH3
I was thinking that the next one would reveal some of the Keyblade's mysteries or maybe it's all in the past, like how the Keyblade came into being and all that.
[/quote]

btw people, do you have any idea on when will Chain of Memories be released on PS2? I'm kind of interested with the rest of the Organization. ^_^

4thHokage

Reaction score
Country
Australia

i never knew they will be releasing chain of memories on ps2.... where did you get this from, i am pretty interested in it now

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

4thHokage said:
i never knew they will be releasing chain of memories on ps2.... where did you get this from, i am pretty interested in it now
eerrrr... I got it here from movinstone's post above. he says that there'll be a release of chain of memories for PS2

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

"Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories will be remade into a PlayStation 2 game that will be released in a package with Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ in spring 2007."

From wikipedia. Cool news.

As for KH1's Sephiroth being harder than KH2, I wouldn't know as I've never really leveled up so high that I thought I'd have a chance at him yet. But KH1's Sephiroth was one of the toughest challenges I ever overcame in any video game experience ever, so I wouldn't be surprised.

4thHokage

Reaction score
Country
Australia

opps bakashilinsan i missed moving stones post...

no gk/bakashi, i feel that sephiroth in both games at the level of difficulty where you can not distinguish which one is harder. i mean in both games you just have to know what to do with the attack patterns of sepiroth. It was too long since i played sepiroth in kh1 to the one in kh2 (and im not going to play kh1 again just to tell the differences in difficulty) all i know is that deafeating both is long and difficult.

Eh i wish kh2:COM will come out by itself, i dont wanna buy kh2 again, even in a bundel, i feel like i would be wasting money lol;)

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

my basis for saying that sephiroth is easier in KH2 is because I defeated him WITH EASE when I was level 70+ whereas, in KH1's Sephiroth, I defeated him with ease when I was near level 100. Both with the Ultima Weapon.

As far as I see it, the reaction commands and the growth abilities, makes it easier for me to challenge Sephy in KH2. I can interrupt his "Descend Heartless Angel" even when he's too far away from me whereas in KH1, I need to be constantly close to him so that I will not miss the time when he's going to use that dreaded attack. Also, the Leaf Bracer in tact with the non-Final Mix version helps a lot. I know it does because I've also played KH1's Final Mix. Also, there's the fact that you can use Reflega, whenever you're in a tight situation.

I've retried (just now) beating Sephy in KH1 and in KH2, and I'm pretty sure, Sephy of KH2 is easier (at least for me)

fremeer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

sephy in KH2 also has a trick to use if u use elixir, trinity limit and the fatal crest u can pretty much kill sephy at lower levels(some luck involved). Trinity limit makes u invincible when its activated, use it then berserk his arse to then elixir, repeat. the problem i had with KH2 was its utter dependence killing things to get stuff. Where is the dalmations, those trinity fusions u need to do and general exploring. The only time i explored was to go kill enemies. No secrets to unlock. Although i did get a mickey for everything :D
whats with kiras obsession with riku?? he sees kairi and like hey kairi sup, then riku is like omg riku i love u. vgcats has a good illustration of this somewhere

deathshadow25

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

I loved Kingdom Hearst 2 the only problem i had was that I haven't gotten the secret ending and I got the secret ending for the first one

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

fremeer said:
sephy in KH2 also has a trick to use if u use elixir, trinity limit and the fatal crest u can pretty much kill sephy at lower levels(some luck involved). Trinity limit makes u invincible when its activated, use it then berserk his arse to then elixir, repeat.
yeah! that's the easiest way to beating Sephy but then, most players (including me) would prefer to kill him in a more "challenging" manner since he's the only secret boss that we have for KH2.
Now that I've mentioned that, I believe in the Final Mix version of KH2, we'll be seeing more secret bosses (like in KH1 we had the Phantom in Neverland and the secret boss in Agrabah [forgot the name])

anyway, I just want to say here, that after almost 90 hours of gaming, I have finally completed all of the necessary things that need to be completed in KH2. 20 hours of those went to completing the gummi ship. and 20 hours more went to getting Sora's stats to 100. and at least 10 hours to completing Jimminy's journal. I'm quite satisfied with it, though I'm quite disappointed in the last Gummi piece that you'll get after completing every gummi piece in all of the stages.
Though I wish there would be more things to do in KH, like an uber secret boss. Maybe I'll just boost my stats higher! :XD