Kise's Sketchpad | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kise's Sketchpad

Kiseki

Artist
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thanks for the Artist status approval, admins! -salutes-

I'll be sharing a few of my works here. They're a mix of fan art and original works, but I'd daresay it's mostly manga progress snapshots. I'll answer questions, too, if any! ^^ Don't be shy, I don't bite. -huehuehue-

♠♠ -------------------- ♠♠
♠♠ A N N O U N C E M E N T ♠♠

First things first:
I'M BACK. It's been a while since I've come here -- and I'll be here for a long time. Since life and work has been keeping me occupied (too much, in fact). How is everyone? ^___^;

I will soon be introducing digital model bases into my services, which will be used as skellies for avatar illustrations. A variety of poses will be displayed in a new gallery - currently under works! It'll make digital full-body colored illustrations easier (though custom-made illustrations will still be offered).

♠♠ -------------------- ♠♠

The sound of an electronic chime greets you as you enter the shop. Looking around, it would seem that the space was but a blank gallery of white walls, chrome-coated chairs and tables in dove grey. At the far end, though, was a lone counter alive with flickering screens of artwork, both finished and in progress.

The occupant was deeply immersed in a table scattered with papers-- some filled with experimental sketches, some rendered in ink or pencil or both, and some were blank. As if noticing your presence, his hands stilled and a pair of luminous blue eyes greeted yours with a slightly weary, but friendly smile.

"Welcome to K-Seki's Studio," he greets you. "I'm Kise, the owner of this little shop. How may I help you?"

He slowly rises and draws out a small tablet, flipping through the screen. With each flip, the screens that hovered in front of the counter began to flash different samples.

"Please take your time looking through them.

The pictures below preview the recent pieces made. You may click on them to see."

♠♠ S K E T C H E S ♠♠

"These are samples, but your requested art will be cleaned up for you."

♠ Other Samples ♠

"The great thing about sketches in pencil, is that they can be done in one sitting, so they're faster to get than the rest."

♠♠ I N K W O R K S ♠♠

Extra: Manga Work

"Now this one here's my personal favorite, but inking takes a little longer than the sketches. They will also be cleaned up before they are given to their rightful owners. I will also occasionally open freebie slots for these at my leisure, so keep an eye out for the shop status!"

♠ Other Samples ♠

"I forget, but these cover headshots to full-body ones and take longer than sketches."

♠♠ C O L O R E D - T R A D I T I O N A L ♠♠

"I should give you a heads up," Kise was measuring his words now. "From this point on, the pieces that come after will take you some time before you're able to get your requests."

♠ Other Samples ♠

"I may sometimes charge a little bit for these, if details are overwhelming. I cannot use copics most of the time, they're fairly expensive. However, I can replicate its effect with watercolor and pencils."

♠♠ B & W / S K E T C H E S• D I G I T A L ♠♠

♠ Other Samples ♠
"Sketches like these are done fast, even with full-body. I take great pleasure in sketching characters during free time."

♠♠ B & W / L I N E A R T • D I G I T A L ♠♠

Manga page illustrations are currently unavailable.

"If you're looking for cleaner, smoother lineart, perhaps this will suit you."

"I shall say this very firmly: I am not open for free manga collaborations. I will do manga-styled work using screentones and digital inking, but I will not accept illustrating non-USD paid series, because working on pages eat a good deal of time and strength (especially if you're using what was left of your waking hours). I'd charge additional, for more elaborate requests."

••••••• OCCASIONAL/EVENT OFFERED SERVICES •••••••

Kise now opens a separate set of screens on the tablet.

"I will open slots for these art types when I have the leisure. I generally leave these away from my offered works because they take the longest to finish (seriously), so keep your eyes peeled for the shop status outside and on this thread!"

♠♠ S I M P L E - C O L O R E D • D I G I T A L • S K E T C H E S ♠♠

"These are done sketchily over digital medium, with smatterings of color. Chances are, I'd occasionally actually render them cleanly."

♠ Other Samples ♠

"These vary from head to bust shots."

♠♠ F U L L - C O L O R E D • D I G I T A L ♠♠
Square-Framed (first two)||Half-Body Framed (third)||Full-Body (4th and 5th)||Poster Spread (last)

"I occasionally open free requests. These works are purely done on digital, in full color. Patrons have a choice to either have the colors done in cel-shading or soft colors. The sizes I personally prefer are those custom-made for forum avatars or signatures."

♠ Other Samples ♠

"Since these take the most time to complete, I would like to ask you to be patient. Three slots are open at a time, whenever I am free."
[/align]

Last edited:

Kiseki

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hello! It's been forever! *lurks*

I've fixed the first post into an updated thread. ^_^

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Very nice work. I wish I could draw or sketch, even digitally haha
Have you tried making Avatars or Sigs for MH Members?

Kiseki

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Very nice work. I wish I could draw or sketch, even digitally haha
Have you tried making Avatars or Sigs for MH Members?
Thank you very much!
I haven't tried before. I've only ever done very simply layouts for sigs and avatars. :o Nothing as fancy as textures, overlays, etc. ^^;

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thank you very much!
I haven't tried before. I've only ever done very simply layouts for sigs and avatars. :o Nothing as fancy as textures, overlays, etc. ^^;
There are so many easy to use online sites now that let you edit images to make for these kind of things. Pixlr is what I use to put the finishing touches on my works. I'm more of a Photogrpher/ Graphic Designer and Writer. Never been able to draw very well

Kiseki

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
There are so many easy to use online sites now that let you edit images to make for these kind of things. Pixlr is what I use to put the finishing touches on my works. I'm more of a Photogrpher/ Graphic Designer and Writer. Never been able to draw very well
I'm your opposite. I'm more an illustrator than graphic artist. Haha. I'll give Pixlr a try sometime! :D

Update. Recently, we've been going a bit crazy over the Korean mobile-slash-otome game called Mystic Messenger, so I just had to----- /shot

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Also @Kiseki do you mind if I use one of these for my avatar here on MH?

Kiseki

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Also @Kiseki do you mind if I use one of these for my avatar here on MH?

Not at all. I can make you a custom one, if you like. Just let me know how you'd like your avatar to look.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

When your pen slips while inking. Lmao. Notice anything? A concept art I'm, thankfully, allowed to post... because in all honesty, Non Disclosure Agreements suck when you want to share. Hahahaha.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Indeed there are. Curious, curious.

Inktober is here! Bringing stuff up to date here.

Days 1 through 4!

So far, been able to keep up. (Some of these are hurried, so it's not the best.)
Recently done (went and bought a clean sketchbook)! :D Part of the Inktober challenge. There are several, but I sort of half-assed some. Hahaha. ^^;

Nothing like a chorus battle after a long hiatus from the Youtaite scene. Since the theme was 'otome', I thought I'd adapt a Honeyworks-ish style to fit it. It's not a perfect copy, but keeping your own touch intact is also a good thing.
Switched styles again. I rarely use this kind to draw, since work usually had me drawing in anime/manga (so it's what I often post).

Here's the full-body of the previous WIP I posted (in Honeyworks-inspired style).

Beware my massive art dump. /o/

What's up, guys?
After lurking a while here *cough* I've finally lost my marbles and decided to try posting omgPEOOOOOOPLE!! oAo.
I haven't gone full swing into VNs as of now, but I hope to when I get some free time.
I like drawing characters, but I take quite some time to get them done these days--- work. OTL
I'm looking forward to when the load lightens. </3

For now, I'll post a few things I've done. ^^
I'm always open for suggestions and feedback.

Roleplay characters for Atlas World (FB).

Youtaite (HH group).

By request.

For manga/webtoon/webmanga projects.

Ah, I can freely sketch character concepts during break, so if there's some way I can help with your character designs, please let me know~ :)
How is everyone? I haven't been here in a long time.
Things have been pretty busy lately, so I wasn't able to share very much here. Here are a few things that I've scribbled. They're a bit old, but I'll post the more recent ones after this. ^^

vanillany

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey!!!! Your art is absolutely fantastic!!!! I've been working on a manga script recently so that's fun, if you're interested pm me, if not, also rad. Just wanted to say you are super talented!!!! :hbunny