Theory - Kite vs Pitou: How it happened | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Kite vs Pitou: How it happened

Diivil

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I acknowledge that my theory is still just speculation until Togashi decides to provide more clarity, but with that in mind, here's part 1:

The revival
Let's analyze a short timeline of the arc

Pitou knows how to stimulate & probe the human brain in order to gather information. She was/is knowledgeable about the human body.

Pitou used a Nen user to complete a task. Once she had no more use for that Nen user, she ordered him to be fed to the queen immediately.

Pitou helps Rammot find out his Nen type. Rammot is then used to forcibly activate the Nen of the ant soldiers. The ant army are told to use this power for the queen.

While Rammot is forcibly awakening the ants to Nen, Pitou detects an enemy and decides to go ambush it alone because she want to test her strength.

Pitou created her Dr. Blythe ability because she wanted to experience that "dream-like" fight with Kite again.

Humans are striking back, they are targeting the Chimera Ants troops that are foraying far. Peggy & Colt even consider advising the queen to move the nest, but they decide to consult Pitou instead.
Pitou to Colt & Peggy: "I leave the outside dealings to you. We'll defend the fortress"

Despite creating 2 of her 3 Nen abilities just to repair Kite's body and manipulate it, Pitou very quickly gave up on fighting the reanimated Kite.

Meruem: "In the womb I occasionally received an extremely luscious bolus"
Pitou: "Ah, you must be talking about the rare humans"

Pitou to Meruem: "The brain is the most delicious part of the human, it's best to make the kill without harming the head"
If Pitou didn't feed any parts of Kite to the queen, then:

1)
why would Pitou order Pokkle to be fed to the queen but not Kite?

2)why didn't Pitou feed any parts of the strongest Nen user she met to the queen, in order to strengthen the king? It's especially odd because we know that:
  • Pitou is knowledgeable about the human body & brain.
  • Rammot was already awakening the ant army's Nen before Pitou set out to go test her strength against Kite.
  • Pitou created her ability Dr. Blythe because she wanted to fight Kite again.
  • Pitou does not care how the ants handle security outside the Nest.
  • Pitou quickly gave up on fighting the reanimated Kite, using him to train the soldiers instead.
  • Pitou told Meruem that the brain is the most delicious part of the human and it's best to make the kill without harming the head.
  • Kite was reborn as a Chimera Ant, from inside the queen's body, and as we know, the queen can reincarnate creatures she has consumed.
Also important to remember that:

If you agree that Pitou fed parts of Kite(brain, organs?)to the queen, then let's proceed to part 2 of my theory:

The fight
What we know

• Kite can only use his special Crazy Slots number when he's adamant about not dying
  • Weapon #3 looks like a mace, a blunt weapon, a type of club or virge that uses a heavy head on the end of a handle to deliver powerful strikes
  • We cannot say for certain if #3 is the special weapon, but even if it's not, it would've been another weapon Kite summoned later during the fight
  • We cannot ignore the faint possibility that the special weapon is something that's not actually "useful in battle", but instead just a "tool" used to activate a "special ability" (1)
  • Pitou created her Dr. Blythe ability because she wanted to experience that "dream-like" fight with Kite again (2)
Combat
The special Crazy Slots number is an ability that only activates when he's adamant about not dying, but what exactly does it do for Kite while he's alive?
We cannot ignore the faint possibility that the special weapon is something that's not actually "useful in battle", but instead just a "tool" used to activate a "special ability" (1)
We can quickly deduce that this possibility is extremely unlikely. Why would Crazy Slots put Kite at such a disavantage by having the special weapon be one that's not helpful in battle? Especially when we consider the condition required to activate it in the first place and the fact that there is a massive("risk vs reward")power difference between:
Pitou created her Dr. Blythe ability because she wanted to experience that "dream-like" fight with Kite again (2)
This is something that I consider to be extremely important since we already know that:
  • Kite is a master conjurer and has around the same amount of physical strength as Knuckle (mentioned by Gon/Killua)
  • Kite lost his right arm.
  • Pitou was not fighting to kill, but rather to test her strength.
Knowing all of these points, Kite still bieng able to give Pitou such an incredible "dream-like" fight is a bit strange is it not? It even went to the point where Pitou created Dr. Blythe because she wanted to fight Kite again...

Pitou creating 2 Nen abilities just to fix Kite is interesting because:
1) Why did Pitou experience a "dream-like fight" against Kite?

2) What does the special Crazy Slots number do for Kite while he's alive? How does the ability try to prevent him from dying?

3) When did Pitou create Terpischora and for what reason?

4) Crazy Slots has random luck inherently Incorporated in itself:
We know that the 8, well we have only seen 2 of them, but let's assume all the randomly selected weapons have a
specific effect (Gun, Scythe, etc...)

4.1) Does the weapon selected by a specific condition also have a specific effect like the 8 randomly selected weapons?

4.2) Or is it actually the opposite? Unlike the other 8 weapons:
The weapon that's selected by the specific condition
("I don't want to die") has a random effect.

5) Did Pitou create Terpischora while fighting Kite?
Let's assume:
Kite was able to dodge and attack Pitou in a way that must've seemed "impossible" or surprising to her, because of the effect of the special Crazy Slots number, this led Pitou to experience a "dream-like" fight.

For example:
Locked in a 1vs1 deathmatch against an opponent that is both much more powerful & faster than him and against who he cannot runaway from, Kite becomes adamant about not dying & summons his Crazy Slots.

The fight now begins. After a brief opening exchange of blows, Pitou sees an opening in which she can land a hit on Kite
(example: from his blindspot, or from a counter attack)
  • Surprisingly though, Kite was somehow able to dodge her hit at the last moment.
  • An attack that Pitou was certain would've hit Kite, because of the opening she was able to create, somehow narrowly misses him.
  • Kite starts a counter attack, and Pitou thinks she was able to dodge the hit, but somehow he still manages to hit her.
This causes Pitou to be perplexed by what is happening. Is Kite just getting lucky and guessing the right moves to make at the last possible moments? Is Kite changing her perception of events? How is he seemingly dodging and attacking in a manner which should be beyond his physical capabilities? This all felt like a "dream" to her.

Unable to do anything to Kite, someone who in terms of sheer power has less than a tenth of her full strength, she was slowly beginning to understand just how truly deep Nen abilities were. With this change in mindset, Pitou goes into full battle mode.

We have no information on the inspiration Pitou used to create Terpischora, nor on when she created it(unlike her other 2 abilities), but it could've been from the experience of fighting Kite:
  • Seeing Kite dodge and attack her in a manner that seemed to be beyond his physical capabilities, Pitou got the inspiration to create Terpischora.
  • Did she simply keep using physical attacks to kill Kite, and created Terpischora after the fight? Like with Dr. Blythe & the Puppet Master.
  • Or... Did she create the ability during the fight?
Why would Pitou need to create an ability like Terpischora outside of battle? Since besides the fight with Kite, during which she wanted to find out her true strength, there was no other opportunities for Pitou to have the need to create an ability that lets you "move beyond your limits."

Very shortly after the fight with Kite, the king was born, and Pitou never had any other fights, nor the need to prepare to go into battle herself, until the palace invasion.
  • Dr. Blythe: [after fight]==> repair Kite.
  • Puppets: [after fight]==> control Kite.
  • Terpischora: [???]==> move beyond your limit.
When did Pitou create Terpischora and for what reason?

The Conclusion

Like I said Before
Resurrecting someone and preventing someone from dying is a massive difference in power:
  • Prince Halkenburg is the first human introduced in the series so far with the ability to forcibly transfer a soul to another body. And as we know, Halkenburg's ability requires a tremendous amount of aura.
  • Prince Camilla has a self-revival ability, but as we also know, the ability is extremely risky, and has no effect until she is actually dead.
  • Kite's special Crazy Slots number is an ability that activates when he's adamant about not dying.
The Chimera Ant queen can reincarnate creatures she has consumed:
  • Kite's special Crazy Slots number transfered his soul into the queen (soul-transfer)
  • Kite's special Crazy Slots number is what revived him. Him being reborn inside the queen is just a crazy coincidence (self-revival)
  • Parts of Kite's Body(brain, organs?)was fed to the queen, and instead of his soul being consumed as nutrition for the king, like it should've been in normal circumstances, he was somehow revived as a new Chimera Ant instead (survival/prevention)
Even Pitou's amazing healing ability can't bring back someone who has died:

The special Crazy Slots number, which only comes up when Kite's adamant about not dying, instead of deactivating after failing to prevent his physical death, the ability remained active through post-mortem Nen, with its purpose still being survival: protect & keep his soul from escaping.

Kite's soul was then fed to the queen.(Using his brain, organs?) But the queen was unable to turn Kite's soul into nutrition for the king.(Like Pokkle's soul was)

With his soul unable to be turned into nutrition for the king, the queen's body created another Chimera Ant fetus beside the king's instead.(Or maybe Crazy Slots also had an influence on her body's creation of the second fetus)

He was thus reincarnated as a Chimera Ant by the queen.

Last edited:

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Kite gets obliterated in seconds, no matter how skillful he was. To me togashi didn't have powerscale 100% developed for the ants at that point and put bruises on pitou just to say "oh yeah big battle" but we later see how much of a tank and monster pitou really is. Also kite actually got a bad number on his roll xD so it doesn't make sense imo that the battle lasted more than 1 min

Diivil

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Kite gets obliterated in seconds, no matter how skillful he was.
That should've been close to the truth, in normal circumstances. But Pitou's 3 Nen abilities & desire to fight Kite again tells us otherwise...

To me togashi didn't have powerscale 100% developed for the ants at that point and put bruises on pitou just to say "oh yeah big battle" but we later see how much of a tank and monster pitou really is. Also kite actually got a bad number on his roll xD so it doesn't make sense imo that the battle lasted more than 1 min
I mean sure that's a possibility, but it's just simply lazy and a disservice to Togashi.
When you think about it, Pitou had 3 Nen abilities:
  • Dr. Blythe: Which she created because she wanted to fix Kite's body.
  • Puppet Master: The ability she created to control Kite body & fight him again.
  • Terpischora: Exceeding your normal physical capabilities.
Why would Pitou need to create an ability like Terpischora? Besides the fight with Kite, there was no other opportunities for Pitou to have the need to create an ability that lets her move beyond your limits.

Very shortly after the fight with Kite the king was born, and Pitou never had any other fights until the palace invasion.

So when did she create Terpischora & why?

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I don't think she needs any abilities, she just jumps on you and you are dead, unless you are adult gon.
It's not disservice to togashi, this happens to every manga artist. We know hisoka is a genius and a top tier fighter and he can read people very well, YET he wanted to fight netero which doesn't make any sense in retrospective, he doesn't have a chance. So that's another example of powerlevel not being established early on

pudgiePenguin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
This is a fun theory! however, I must agree with @Kanmuru about the aspect that the fight must have been extremely short (but we have seen many actions taken and battle strategies and analysis between opponents taking place in a few seconds). A common theme we see in the ants (Including the royal guard) is wanting to be stronger. Perhaps Pitou out of her lust for more power and her desire to protect the king decided to push herself past what she herself could handle, thus creating Terpischora.

Diivil

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
This is a fun theory! however, I must agree with Kanmuru about the aspect that the fight must have been extremely short.
Perhaps Pitou out of her lust for more power and her desire to protect the king decided to push herself past what she herself could handle, thus creating Terpischora.
Then why would Pitou:
  • create 2 Nen abilities just to fight Kite again,
  • quickly abandon fighting the revived Kite,
  • and then create a fighting ability in a lust for more power?
Even though the king was born not long after Kite was revived, and Pitou still continued to mostly do guard duties until the invasion began?

It doesn't make much sense when you think about it.

Just remember: depending on the nature of their ability, a beginner can still pose a threat against a top class users.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Where is stated that pitou created 2 abilities to fight kite? She created dr blythe to repair him, terpsichora i don't think it's stated.
Also your pictures doesn't represent the point you are making. In those cases Youpi was the beginner in nen and the people "outsmarting" him are the top class users. You could say skill mastery and knowledge can threat raw talent/power in this case, but not for long since ants are very OP and broken.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I’ll be much nicer with my response this time. Hi, welcome to the HxH forums.

You have interesting theories, thoughts and ideas..and ask some good questions. Imo the questions you are asking are more fun like questions? I don’t find them to be the big mysteries or blank spots of the manga. I believe a question such as this is kinda answered..but I get what you asking kinda? ( Didn't read your post just the thread title)

So going alone by the Thread title...How’d the fight the between Kite & Pitou go down. Kinda like play for play your asking......Welllll As others mentioned, It wasn’t a long fight. I don’t even think it was 5mins, probably 2mins; We know a lot of action can go down in seconds when we are talking about Nen users or combatants of this lv.

Either way After Kite lost his arm, & summoned #4 weapon, the battle started with Kite already handicapped vs a Creature already born with Nen awoken but knew nothing of it’s implications or applications. RG from birth are that strong, they are a superior species naturally. So Kite stood no chance, and I say only, dodged & assaulted Pitou but so much. I don’t think he ever switched his weapon. Overall I think he went out in a manner similar to Shoot vs Yupi, just fighting soaking up damage until Pitou popped his head off.....

The damage left on Pitou was heavily superficial. With shredded clothes, dirt marks but no real bruises or wounds....Kite was a fun toy...

Diivil

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Where is stated that pitou created 2 abilities to fight kite? She created dr blythe to repair him, terpsichora i don't think it's stated.
She wants to fight him again:
  • Dr Blythe ==> repair Kite.
  • Puppets: ==> control Kite.
  • Terpischora: [???] ==> move beyond your limit.
Once the king and guards arrived at the palace, Pitou couldn't drop her En.

Also your pictures doesn't represent the point you are making. In those cases Youpi was the beginner in nen and the people "outsmarting" him are the top class users. You could say skill mastery and knowledge can threat raw talent/power in this case, but not for long since ants are very OP and broken.
Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but please use some common sense. The royal guards are the top class users in this case, but anyways:

In those cases, Pitou was the beginner in nen, and Kite, who's "outsmarting" her, is the top class users.

Lmaoo I've been a member here since 2012.

(Didn't read your post just the thread title) So going alone by the Thread title...
Lmaoo look at the state of you. Alright XXXgene, let's see what you have to say.

It wasn’t a long fight. I don’t even think it was 5mins, probably 2mins; We know a lot of action can go down in seconds when we are talking about Nen users or combatants of this lvl.
You say it was a very short, but maybe "eventful" fight.

Either way After Kite lost his arm, & summoned #4<=(#3 actually) weapon, the battle started with Kite already handicapped vs a Creature already born with Nen awoken but knew nothing of it’s implications or applications.
Kite lost his right arm to be exact.

Overall I think he went out in a manner similar to Shoot vs Yupi, just fighting soaking up damage until Pitou popped his head off.....

I don’t think he ever switched his weapon. <== I never said that, if it's what your implying
You say Pitou quickly cut Kite's right arm, and then after a "somewhat eventful" 2 to 5 minutes fight, Pitou cut off Kite's head.

The damage left on Pitou was heavily superficial. With shredded clothes, dirt marks but no real bruises or wounds....Kite was a fun toy.
Pitou liked that toy so much that wanted to fight him again, so she:
  • Created her 1st ability, Dr. Blythe, to fix Kite.
  • Created her 2nd ability, Puppets, to control Kite.
But: She quickly gave up on the revived Kite.

Then at some random point after the king was born:
  • She created her 3rd ability, Terpischora, because she needed to be stronger.
So Kite stood no chance, he was a fun toy, RG from birth are that strong.
And then after that quick fight, for whatever reason, Pitou decided to create an ability that lets her move beyond her limits, while she was stuck doing mostly surveillance watch at the palace, during which she couldn't stop her En.

Like I told you before: Thanks for your participation in my thread, but none of what you said above is coherent or makes much sense, at all

Please learn how to read before you comment on my posts again, else just don't waste your time commenting at all.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
She wants to fight him again:
  • Dr Blythe ==> repair Kite.
  • Puppets: ==> control Kite.
  • Terpischora: [???] ==> move beyond your limit.
Once the king and guards arrived at the palace, Pitou couldn't drop her En.

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but please use some common sense. The royal guards are the top class users in this case, but anyways:

In those cases, Pitou was the beginner in nen, and Kite, who's "outsmarting" her, is the top class users.

Lmaoo I've been a member here since 2012.

Lmaoo look at the state of you. Alright XXXgene, let's see what you have to say.

You say it was a very short, but maybe "eventful" fight.

Kite lost his right arm to be exact.

You say Pitou quickly cut Kite's right arm, and then after a "somewhat eventful" 2 to 5 minutes fight, Pitou cut off Kite's head.

Pitou liked that toy so much that wanted to fight him again, so she:
  • Created her 1st ability, Dr. Blythe, to fix Kite.
  • Created her 2nd ability, Puppets, to control Kite.
But: She quickly gave up on the revived Kite.

Then at some random point after the king was born:
  • She created her 3rd ability, Terpischora, because she needed to be stronger.

And then after that quick fight, for whatever reason, Pitou decided to create an ability that lets her move beyond her limits, while she was stuck doing mostly surveillance watch at the palace, during which she couldn't stop her En.

Like I told you before: Thanks for your participation in my thread, but none of what you said above is coherent or makes much sense, at all

Please learn how to read before you comment on my posts again, else just don't waste your time commenting at all.

Lmfao, yet you spent the time to quote me dissect the quote just to be a dick...lmfao you need here since 2012 and have added nothing of sense to understanding the Great Work of HxH, it’s complexities & mysterious.

Wow, yea your going on the ignore list. Your dumb bro

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Are you kidding me? Youpi gets in rage because he doesn't understand how this little people are toying with him despite them being a lot of times weaker than he is. He isn't a top class user, he is a noob when it comes to nen and this is the whole point(people with nen mastery can toy with someone that is x times stronger than them but is bad at nen)
So don't come tell me a guy that was just born is a top class user, he is just miles ahead of any human in raw power/potential not in nen experience.

Diivil

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Are you kidding me? Pitou gets in rage because he doesn't understand how Kite is toying with him despite Kite being a lot of times weaker than he is. He isn't a top class user, he is a noob when it comes to nen and this is the whole point(people with nen mastery can toy with someone that is x times stronger than them but is bad at nen)
So don't come tell me a guy that was just born is a top class user, he is just miles ahead of any human in raw power/potential not in nen experience.
Are you kidding me? Youpi gets in rage because he doesn't understand how Knuckle, Shoot, and Killua are all toying with him, despite the fact that, Knuckle, Shoot, and Killua are a lot of times weaker than he is. He isn't a top class user, he is a noob when it comes to nen and this is the whole point(people with nen mastery can toy with someone that is x times stronger than them but is bad at nen)
In those cases, Pitou was the beginner in nen, and Kite, who's "outsmarting" her, is the top class users. But:
  • The guards are considered top class users because of their insane aura and monstrous potential.
Sorry I don't mean to be rude but...
Is it hard for one to use some common sense, logic, and context?

I shouldn't have to explain such a simple thing in this much detail.

I seriously can't even tell if you're just trying to take the piss/trolling.