Voting Round 2 - Koe no Katachi vs. Yu Yu Hakusho | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Koe no Katachi vs. Yu Yu Hakusho

Who wins?

• Koe no Katachi

• Yu Yu Hakusho

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Koe no Katachi
Yoshitoki Oima

-

Yu Yu Hakusho
Yoshihiro Togashi

Rules
- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
YYH for me! easily top 3 for the ones I'm rooting to win this event!

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Okay, here we have 2 very different mangas. :darn

I know Yu Yu Hakusho is a famous manga that's marked the childhood of many fans of manganime but please, please let me tell you why I nominated Koe no Katachi, what it is about and why I think it deserves to get to everyone

This is a short story of 64 chapters that narrates the story of Shoya Ishida, a man consumed by guilt and self-hate to the point he gets to think he doesn't deserve happiness. The reason of his hell is no one but Shoko Nishimiya, a girl he met in his childhood with an odd trait... she cannot hear correctly since birth.
Ishida develops an strange aversion against her as time passes in grade school and starts an spiral of bullying that ends up going too far... until Nishimiya has to leave school.

The shadow of his sin haunts him as he keeps living until he loses faith in the ones who surround him and his own future, but he cannot leave the world he detests so much... yet, before that he decides to start a path of redemption and, at the very least, manage to understand that silent voice that he never could understand in his school days...

I've always liked "slice of life" stories, they put the focus on the small things that really matter to normal people, but this manga brings the idea to whole different level.

The reflexions about many concepts like the meaning of life, boredom, love, the will to keep moving, regret, what really is friendship, psychological traumas, family issues, suicide... and many other social and emotional points are touched in this wonderful story.

This is not a romance
, love is very veeery subtle in this manga because its not the main theme here.
All the characters are incredibly well written, with their flaws and strong points they are not made to get the likes of the reader, but to give the feeling of realism, so is the context of the situations and the emotions they experiment as the story progresses.

This is probably the manga that struck me with the greatest feel of relation to its story and themes. Its a book I would recommend to anyone so I hope you give it a chance, you may get a surprise if you read the first 7 chapters, just those.

So please, before making a mindless vote, please take a look at this awesome piece of work :)

Vote Koe no Katachi

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
well this is a taugh one. A classic which still stands up. Versus a great modern work.... taugh.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Whats with Lambu and constantly nominating/campaigning for my favorites?

Voting Koe no katachi, I liked it a lot. Story wasn’t the greatest but it had some really amazing characters and interactions between them.
Not sure if it can be the Holo of this event though.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Sorry to YYH but again I will vote against you (never read the manga)...

Read Koe no Katachi within the last 24hrs so I'm voting with emotions here. In some ways it's similar to my nomination, a bunch of kids blame themselves or others for everything that happens... but there should never be a blame game - that's just life. They just need to co-exist, laugh and fight with one another just like Shoya said in one chapter. Shoko has it the hardest due to a communication barrier... she is so amazing sometimes to be honest it makes you feel like you're a bad person.

^If you see panels like that you need to wipe your eyes

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Koe no Katachi.

Such an emotional manga.It leaves so much emotion in your mind.

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Certainly this manga was a ride of feels and has lots of hidden messages that you can only catch in a re-read. Its amazing how every character gets their nature explained and analyzed.

Whats with Lambu and constantly nominating/campaigning for my favorites?

Voting Koe no katachi, I liked it a lot. Story wasn’t the greatest but it had some really amazing characters and interactions between them.
Not sure if it can be the Holo of this event though.
That sir, is just pure coincidence :hee
I dont think it will get that far either (too many top mangas on the line this time) but I'll have hope, I dont doubt this manga's potential to become a classic of its genre. :nod

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Sorry gnut, but KnK brought up feels to an extent only very few manga have. And I never read the YYH manga after all (even though I felt I'd probably enjoy it more in that form than animated).

Lambu said pretty much all that needs to be said at this point.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Koe no Katachi because of Lambu's campaign. Never read it but I will one day :oh.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Koe no Katachi because of Lambu's campaign. Never read it but I will one day :oh.
Please give it a try Demon! Its better than you can imagine (its not a shoujo-romance or something like that).
Its a very short book that can be completed in 2-3 days easily, but if you read the first 7 chapters I think it would even touch your mafia heart. :crying

You will need an open mind to not hate some characters though, they are very human and that means lots of flaws. The main character introspection and the depiction of social sicknesses is top notch, worth a read.

There's also a movie of the manga but I dont reccomend it.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Please give it a try Demon! Its better than you can imagine (its not a shoujo-romance or something like that).
Its a very short book that can be completed in 2-3 days easily, but if you read the first 7 chapters I think it would even touch your mafia heart. :crying

You will need an open mind to not hate some characters though, they are very human and that means lots of flaws. The main character introspection and the depiction of social sicknesses is top notch, worth a read.

There's also a movie of the manga but I dont reccomend it.
I don't mind extremely flawed characters in general :XD.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
The film is good imo and if I hadn't read the manga first I'd probably think it was a small masterpiece. That said, I'm not even a little sorry I read the manga first.

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Voted Koe no Katachi, because I really got emotional reading it. :biblethump

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'll remain faithful to Yu Yu Hakusho. :wtf

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Rooting Yuyu here! Only for one reason, after giving a look to the chart, these two are on my favorite one's group.

I wanna see a Kubo Vs Togashi, i want some Soul Carnage here! I want to decide who's the troll-est mangaka of WSJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.