Voting Round 1 - Kojirou Saeki vs Seijuro Akashi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Kojirou Saeki vs Seijuro Akashi

Who wins?

• Kojirou Saeki

• Seijuro Akashi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
According to the data, this Akashi fellow is a knock off of Prince of Tennis's very own Child of God who Saeki, the sandcastle building legend that he is, struck down in the preliminary rounds. Unfortunately, Akashi is not nearly as talented, threatening, or even as pretty as the fallen demigod. Boy needs to pick a struggle because being both a knock off and ugly is really not helping him out.

Also, the "Generation of Miracles" do not stand a chance against the Golden Age of Tennis.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Lebron James!

I mean....Akashi.

Holycow

Saeki's Sandcastle Building Buddy
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm glad this first opponent is another sporty boy! /o/ Both like balls, that seems already quite obvious, but only one of them doesn't feel the need to compensate with size! I hope we can fight this war with well thought arguments and fair judging, and even if I lose, if Saeki stays even a little bit in your heart together with the Prince of Tennis franchise, I'd be very happy! Even if you don't read my comments and just vote for the most popular boy! No harsh feelings and lets have fun!

To the vouching
As you can guess by not so subtle profile picture, Saeki Kojirou has my heart and love! He may not be as intimidating and commandeering as the almighty Emperor Akashi, but why would you want that in a husband? I'm aware that many nominate based on the fact that their fav is a badass, war mongering killer that can break you in two seconds (which is awesome on its own right!), but think for a moment; do you really want a husband like that? Does that make you as a person, happy, that your husband might stab you with scissors because you disobeyed him? I mean, if you're into that, I can't really judge, but in my naivity, I'd like to think that a husband should be sweet and caring, not a doormat, but not a egotistical not-knb-Yukimura ripoff (Yes, Fujimaki is actually the biggest fanboy of Konomi).
Do you want to live with anime christian grey mcscissorhands, or a guy that teaches tennis to kids as his hobby? And has an amazing beach body.
Sure Akashi is rich, but that won't change the fact that he will probably call you "mommy" in bed. Think for a second. Do you really want that?

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
so he’s a rip-off of like 5 tenipuri characters who are all inferior to saeki.....what trash. also he’s ugly.

tennis best sports.
That's never true, since the best sport in anime and IRL is Football.

Basketball is pretty legit and how can you against the Anime version of Lebron James?

Lupin

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
I'm sorry, but in what world are Lebron and Akashi comparable to each other in any way?

Lebron is, without question, a bomb af point guard when he wants to be, but he is a legendary power forward and small forward. Aside from being a great leader when he's at point, he's a post any team would be lucky to have, even after all these years playing professionally. Akashi wishes he could have such a mastery over not only one, but three different positions on the court to the point that if someone didn't know any better, they'd mistype him. Hell, Lebron is known as someone who can play all five positions on the court, which is why he can start a game just about anywhere. He grew up naturally excelling in every position; the man is a basketball genius.

Akashi should not be compared where he simply cannot compete.

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Both are sexy. Both advance.

Holycow

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Both are sexy. Both advance.
That is a wonderful sentiment I can get behind, but against the rules. Also, Akashi is a red shrimp whose DNA could not decide whether the windows matched the drapes or his pee. His hair screams everything but "regal" (and yes, I assume haircuts like that exist) and he looks like he is permanently stuck in his chuunibyou phase. I would hardly call him "sexy", but tastes do differ I guess.
Saeki is better.

EDIT: I also do not want to bring this up, but would you really vote for the guy whose name was misspelled by the mods?

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
lmao i didnt even realize till yesterday that this event even started.
I didnt even plan to campaign or make arguments since lately im very short on time and i dont like to argue whos boy or girl is better, its all preferences in my opinion. I nominated Akashi just for fun, but oh well i can give some pointers,

Firstly, calling Akashi a shrimp is just a big "no no". The guy is as tall as Saeki Kojiro and has the average japanese anime protagonist height The only reason he looks small is cuz the rest of the cast have the usual basketball height varying from 185 to 210 cm. So yeah, Akashi looks small compared to true basketball height, still the height doesnt matter to him since he can beat anyone, cuz Akashi is just that good.
The only big flaw i see in him is his other evil egoistical personality which we follow for the most part of the story, but that shouldnt be a problem since after his loss in the Winter cup finals, he reverted back to his real self. His evil side was basically a defense mechanism that was created cuz his father was a douchebag, and was thought to always win no matter what. And now after his loss in the finals, his evil personality shouldnt even be a factor since it dissapeared, and in the "Last Game era" he is the real Akashi (he does revert back to evil personality for a bit during the game against the Americans, but the real Akashi was in control and in the end the personality dissapeared again, forever this time).

So looking past the evil personality, which shouldnt be a factor anymore, Akashi is a freaking bro. We get glimpses of his good natured character during middle school before his fall to the "dark side" where he was even popular with the ladies, and during his highschool year after the Winter cup where even a gay dude has a crush on him, cuz Akashi is just that good. He is a bro you can always depend on, he has the smarts, heck he is the smartest dude in the series, he has good looks (as far as good looks go artwise in that series), and he has the finance, which is always a plus. Also, the main role of the Real Akashi is pure team work and he makes it so that his team always shines, he brings out the best in his teammates. Wouldnt that also apply to his future waifu (whoever that be), isnt there a saying, that when the waifu shines then that means the husband is doing a really good work. I have no doubt in my mind that the Real Akashi would be a really good husband cuz, he is very kind, very respectful to others (the same way he was respectful to scrub Furihata during an OVA, and all his former and current teammates), and most importantly he would draw the best out of his waifu, he would make her shine. Also he is a perfectionist, so he would always be prepared and on top of things for anything that is needed.

As for Kojiro, im very sorry but im not that familiar with the character. He does look cool, and he does give us that good dude vibe, plus he has the looks. But anything more, i dont really know so i really cant judge him. Anyways I hope i gave some insight into the "Real" Akashi, and this will probably be my last post in this event. Best of luck to you Holycow :verily

Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Don't even know who are these guys.
Tell me, who should I vote for?

Holycow

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Uhm so the rules said we could campaign with everything we got right? Lemme try...

lmao i didnt even realize till yesterday that this event even started.
I didnt even plan to campaign or make arguments since lately im very short on time and i dont like to argue whos boy or girl is better, its all preferences in my opinion. I nominated Akashi just for fun, but oh well i can give some pointers,
It's fine, I was pretty much forced into this by some dude. HARDY IM DOING THIS FOR U

Firstly, calling Akashi a shrimp is just a big "no no". The guy is as tall as Saeki Kojiro and has the average japanese anime protagonist height The only reason he looks small is cuz the rest of the cast have the usual basketball height varying from 185 to 210 cm. So yeah, Akashi looks small compared to true basketball height, still the height doesnt matter to him since he can beat anyone, cuz Akashi is just that good.
But he lost. I know that basketball is a team game, but as someone who is that good as you describe him, you'd almost have expected him to carry the team.

The only big flaw i see in him is his other evil egoistical personality which we follow for the most part of the story, but that shouldnt be a problem since after his loss in the Winter cup finals, he reverted back to his real self.
His evil side was basically a defense mechanism that was created cuz his father was a douchebag, and was thought to always win no matter what. And now after his loss in the finals, his evil personality shouldnt even be a factor since it dissapeared, and in the "Last Game era" he is the real Akashi (he does revert back to evil personality for a bit during the game against the Americans, but the real Akashi was in control and in the end the personality dissapeared again, forever this time).
I thought he was now able to control his "evil personality". Which means that, yes, he's probably not going to cut any throats soon, but if he wanted to he would have no qualms bringing that out again. His personality is arrogant and narcissistic in a way that even Aomine with his testosterone fueled superiority doesn't have. He has a superiority complex that even translates into his favorite type, namely someone with dignity. That probably means that everyone who has daddy issues is ruled out, considering it's quite an ironic type of him.

So looking past the evil personality, which shouldnt be a factor anymore, Akashi is a freaking bro.
Relapses.
We get glimpses of his good natured character during middle school before his fall to the "dark side" where he was even popular with the ladies, and during his highschool year after the Winter cup where even a gay dude has a crush on him, cuz Akashi is just that good.
Hint on before. People change, and while Akashi definitely did change for the better, he still was a dude with a god complex. + I don't consider it impressive that a guy whose preference is guys falls for guys. Idk, that seems a bit natural don'tcha think?
Aoi Kentarou, the captain of Rokkaku (who Saeki is part of) is one the two confirmed straight guys from the series, and even he falls for Saeki's nice, kind, natural charms. Yes he would kiss girls, but he would also kiss Saeki cause heck he's a charming man.
He is a bro you can always depend on, he has the smarts, heck he is the smartest dude in the series, he has good looks (as far as good looks go artwise in that series), and he has the finance, which is always a plus.
Considering his only opponent in the intellectual department is Midorima (sorry other skittles, you guys have muscles at least) you're probably right, but it doesn't make it that impressive to me. Saeki has the nickname "useless handsome" cause he's so handsome, sparkling, and pretty, that it's useless.
Also, the main role of the Real Akashi is pure team work and he makes it so that his team always shines, he brings out the best in his teammates. Wouldnt that also apply to his future waifu (whoever that be), isnt there a saying, that when the waifu shines then that means the husband is doing a really good work.
People with amazing leadership qualities a work suffer from high testosterone and cortisol, aka the stress hormones. I doubt that Akashi knows how to handle them in particular, considering he not only has mommy, but also daddy issues. And the fun fact is, even if he tries to hide them, other people can pick up on it, which leads to a better performance under stress (his teammates). But what would happen if there was a certain person, you know, someone who's close to him all the time, like, a friend or lover... They will be constantly subjected to that, and everyone knows what to much cortisol leads to...(hint it's depression)
Also man what an amazing quote. Never heard of it.
I have no doubt in my mind that the Real Akashi would be a really good husband cuz, he is very kind, very respectful to others (the same way he was respectful to scrub Furihata during an OVA, and all his former and current teammates), and most importantly he would draw the best out of his waifu, he would make her shine. Also he is a perfectionist, so he would always be prepared and on top of things for anything that is needed.
I can agree with this, if he matures more.
As for Kojiro, im very sorry but im not that familiar with the character. He does look cool, and he does give us that good dude vibe, plus he has the looks. But anything more, i dont really know so i really cant judge him. Anyways I hope i gave some insight into the "Real" Akashi, and this will probably be my last post in this event. Best of luck to you Holycow :verily
It's totally okay! I entered this because I was lucky enough to win the tennis wars (everyone gave me pity votes). I'm sorry that you can't participate more, but I'm sure that your voice reached some people's heart! I hope you can participate next time~
Thank you very much!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And why should I?
Could you elaborate more please? :blush
Without pulling using Akashi, I would say because Saeki is a genuinely wonderful person for a normal human in a normal sports anime.
He is a nice, kind person, also good looking, watches out for his juniors and loves puppies (I am pulling this straight from the fanbooks in case you think I'm making stuff up). Obviously there's a lot more to him, but I can try to summarize his essentials shortly in three small events?

1. Choosing of the captain. The coach chooses the captain. He was about to choose Saeki but stumbled and pointed to an elementary schooler. Guess who sucked it up and became vice captain? He respects everyone equally, and doesn't do the overarching "call me senpai you heathen"
2. Kai VS Saeki. To sum it up, Saeki's team went against an asshole team. Kai shot a ball in the face of their coach, who promptly had to be carried of to the hospital, considering he was an old bony man. The ENTIRE team left him to go aid their coach, and Kai's team started taunting and jeering him to leave as well. But Saeki didn't and fought back, despite suffering a defeat. He is not a doormat, and he's stubborn in what he believes, but he absolutely does care and won't stand for his friends getting hurt.
3. Saeki in doubles. Now this may not seem like particularly awesome, but if you know Prince of Tennis, I have to tell you that Saeki's team is the only one who haven't injured someone in their matches purposefully (or at least with the aim of knowing they could hurt). In particular, Saeki's match in doubles was the only one where no one got hurt, and despite him losing, he was a super champ about it and even consoled his partner, who was absolutely crying.

I could have just linked you the fanbook, but I thought it might have been nicer to showcase his personality through his actions, rather than through simply summing off things.
If anything else, feel free to read the thread.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Haha, this thread is funny :XD. Voting for Saeki.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Woah, two campaigns without pictures!?
Me like this! :awe

@Holycow has won me over and I vote for Saeki

Holycow

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Woah, two campaigns without pictures!?
Me like this! :awe

@Holycow has won me over and I vote for Saeki
Ah, I simply thought that vouching for a character is better done by using their personality and behaviour! (Besides me using art for my character is cheating considering he's the most handso/shot)
Sorry if this meant too much reading :'D

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ah, I simply thought that vouching for a character is better done by using their personality and behaviour! (Besides me using art for my character is cheating considering he's the most handso/shot)
Sorry if this meant too much reading :'D
Haha, that's fine.
I love some old fashion campaigning :blush

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
SAEKI IS A HANDSOME KINDHEARTED SELFLESS MAN WHO LOVES SPENDING TIME ON THE BEACH AND HAS TITANIC AS HIS FAVOURITE FUCKING MOVIE. HE IS THE DEFINITION OF HUSBANDO.

MEANWHILE AKASHI IS THE OPPOSITE: ARROGANT DUDE LIKELY SUFFERING FROM PSYCHOLOGICAL MICROPENIS. HE IS HUSBANDONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.