Voting Round 1 - Kotarou Katsura vs. Keigo Atobe | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Kotarou Katsura vs. Keigo Atobe

Who wins?

• Kotarou Katsura

• Keigo Atobe

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Alrighty, time to get this show on the road, but before we do that, lets take a little detour. Given that the opponent seems to be a gifted athlete in his own right, this presents the perfect opportunity to explore Katsura's multiple talents, which of course includes his athletic ability.

Katsura Combine Stats

40 time: 4.1 Seconds
Vertical Jump: 101cm/40in
Bench Press Repetitions: 45 reps of 225lbs/102 kilos
Broad Jumps: 3.73 meters/12 feet
3-Cone Drill: 2.4 seconds
20-yard shuttle: 1.9 secs
IQ: 314
* Note that all stats listed are better than Dracule Mihawk's

He fast, he stronk, he smart

Alright, now back on track, just who is Katsura, and why should he garner your vote. To begin with, it is important to understand that Katsura is a man with a very vibrant personality, a man of many faces:

This of course making for very unpredictable BUT unique and exciting experiences that will be elaborated on in future posts.

Brief Overview

Katsura Kotarou(Zura) born June 26th, grew up alone for the most part. His intelligence earned him a scholarship at a prestigious school, which he eventually leaves in favor of joining a different one, it is there that he meets his childhood friends.

After certain events occur, Katsura is involved in a war that eventually gains him the moniker of the "Noble Youth of Madness"/"Rampaging Noble"

Afterwards, we are introduced to Katsura as a leader of a faction opposing the current regime, where he is a wanted fugitive. Yeop, you read that correctly, Katsura is a wanted criminal. But rest assured that he isn't violent, doesn't commit terrible crimes, he just opposes the current government in a peaceful manner, and given his status as a leader, he is classified as threat despite cooperation with groups affiliated with the government, like the Shinsengumi for example. And of course, it is around this time, that Katsura, being the gentleman that he is, begins to care for an alien being that one of his friends just dropped on him without any notice whatsoever.

Oh and spoiler....
He may or may not become the leader of the entire country :catshrug

So this is just scratching the surface of things, this post serves more as an intro to who Katsura is, as for why he is husbando material, here is a sneak peek of things to come:

I. Feats

II. Personality

III. Educator

IV. Skills

Coming soon to an MH thread near you!

Ah and before I forget, Katsura will make your dreams a reality, can't ask for anything better than that.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Brand where is your support for Toby :nah just put glasses on him and pretend he is Tezuka.

Holycow

Saeki's Sandcastle Building Buddy
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
If there are any people who haven't instavoted yet, then you are lucky that you can join the magical trainride (yes the Atobe trainride) on why Atobe is the absolute best husbando you can get. Please enjoy.

Why is Atobe the best husband?

Tenipuri is steaming with husbandos, but Atobe Keigo here is a special boy. He is the most ridiculous, most popular guy, and most likely the founder of the stereotype of obnoxiously rich and popular guys in mainstream media. In the yearly character polls, he placed 1st for over 12 years, in a manga with more than 100 characters. He has received more than a million chocolates from real life Atobe waifus. Does this automatically make him an amazing husband? No, but consider, this guy got a real life train. (His incredible visage is on the side). He got it today. He is relevant. Now close your eyes and think of your husbando. Does he have a train?

Atobe’s legacy spreads far and wide, if you don’t shudder at hearing the name Atobe, you’re doing something wrong, because this man has a kingdom, and a semi-official holiday. Yes, this national holiday is called the national foundation day of Atobe kingdom (It's somewhere in february). Did you also know that Atobe's birtmonth october is officially Atobe month. If you have the stamina to finish reading this, you will see, hear, and feel Atobe in your sleep.

Enough about how amazing Atobe is and why you should worship him with your life.

Atobe Keigo, or as he calls himself, "The King", is the captain of the Hyotei tennis club, which counts 200 players. As a first year (think 12 years old), he managed to overthrow the tennis club and the school. Whether you think this is impressive, I’ll leave up to you, but consider that he makes 200 individual training arrangements and knows each of his players by name and face. Aside from that he’s also the student council president, who knows the name and face of every student at his school. All 1652 students.
He has an amazing memory, not infallible, but still a genius.

What makes him a good husbando.

I’m not going to beat around the bush. Money.

This guy has it all. This guy jumped out of his private jet because traffic was congested. He has multiple personal islands, one with a zoo, one with an amusement park etc… Did I mention he has so many castles that he can't remember them all (cut him some slack he already has to remember 1652 students)? Yeah, this man’s finances are so impressive, he probably has a maid for his lipstick. Even his merch got confiscated by customs once because everyone was wowed.

You might wonder, “what’s all good about a rich and prissy boy?”

It’s true, he’s rich, he’s obnoxiously rich, but he’s also not greedy. He threw a zeppelin party for an entire city for his best friend, because this friend felt sad. He donated equipment to poorer schools, and because another captain wanted to explore space, he hurried along his space station build. He hosts multiple training camps, lets his friends use his facilities, and upgraded his school in one of the best onees there is.He’s arrogantly rich, but beneficially so.

Personality

Atobe Keigo is a very confident and determined person. When he gets pushed in a corner, he bites back, but is not afraid to admit his defeat, and does everything to reach his and his teams’ goals, including working his ass off.
But most importantly... his husband qualities. Is he nice, caring, supportive etc...
On MH, the husbandos that get nominated are usually either the male ideal of a cool guy, or husbandos people actually want to date. And Atobe is both. Either you want to be him or want to be with him. In love he's proactive, not afraid of being assertive, but not pushy either. He leaves you enough room to initiate, but will also not hesitate to state his own desires, which makes communication open and healthy. He's self confident and will make you feel like you can take on the world (whether with his finances or not). He's a leader, so even if you are insecure and don't feel like you can keep up with everything, he will not hesitate to show you the ropes. If you are confident yourself you're basically a match made in heaven.

Abilities

This guy has X-ray eyes, can send out soundwaves, and is an icebender. In tennis of course. His most noteworthy tennis moves are named "World of Ice", "Rondo towards destruction", "Insight" and "Atobe Kingdom". How cool is that. /insert the straight cis guys from prince of tennis mh and some explanations on why this would make him a good husbando/
He can ride a horse, athletics, tennis, waltz, high jump, swim, steer boats, fence, etc....

Just look at this dreamboat /swoons
Looks

His body is referred to as the body of a greek statue though so make of that what you want. His hair can also change appearance to all colors of the rainbow, so whether you like silver, blue, blonde, brown, purple and whatever else there is, he probably had it. Mystical grey eyes or fashionably blue? He had it. He's amazing like that.

I still have a lot more, but if Atobe does end up winning, I have some reserve, and if he doesn't, I spared my efforts.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I mean no offense towards gryff but it should be a very unfair matchup for him all things considered...

I'm sure Katsura has no bigi.

maybe a smalli?

Yes I did this bad joke before I dont care.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I was poking fun at Katsura and his dancing skills in my own thread. So decided to share some Katsura fan art to compensate:

Saying that, the Atobe campaign looks really fun too. Good luck to both candidates. I personally really love Katsura, he really takes so much responsibility on himself but is really hilarious. And am looking forward to a Katsura vs Hijikata throwdown next round if they both win their respective battles. So anxiously awaiting to see how R1 goes. Not to pass this round up so fast because Atobe vs Katsura is really excellent. It is a shame not to see it more active as I would think more PoT and Gintama fans would be coming out. Both guys are really good husbandos and the campaigns are interesting. Hopefully get to see some more of both before the round ends.

Holycow

Saeki's Sandcastle Building Buddy
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm solely emergency campaigning (instead of the nominator) but if we're talking visuals, I give you visuals. I'll only use official arts, because unsourced fanart reposting is not my thing and not representative of the true charm Atobe has. His original appearance is already enough to freeze you.
By the way, aside from receiving A TRAIN, he also became a business partner of the company ATOEI. Please consider this man as the best husbando, he's more accomplished than all of you despite being fictional.

He even has a credit card line. Admire him/

Anyway, let's go research the amazing sex appeal Atobe has.
He is a multitalent. Not even the waifus, but also all the husbandos prostate themselves for him.
Good lord even in casual clothing he manages to look like that.
Hope you're all in the christmas mood because this santa is planting his pole down in the south if you know what I mean.

Even if he's going down, he won't go down without at least having established his dominance once.

And the best part of him? He doesn't need fanart to be husbando material. The producing team knows it already.

Alas, Katsura's campaigning is good, and since Atobe's campaign started so late, our chances of victory are small. But it won't matter. Because Atobe is always number 1.

Thank you for reading

Bacon9000

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Atobe Keigo is a phenomenal, a strong and an ideal rival for our main characters.
At the same time he has a lot of sides to him not just as a rival and that's interesting and makes the character multi dimensional.
Atobe keigo represent the image of a perfect powerful man who has no weakness and bring out the opponent weakness with his amazing abilities
He has a lot of fans in his school and they support him to death:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmw88lo8dxctz4f/hyotei.mp3?dl=0

Also he's very attractive just look at him

and he has a doggo!

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
THE WINNER WILL BE ATOBE!! THE WINNER WILL BE ATOBE!! THE WINNER WILL BE ATOBE!!

THE WINNER WILL BE ATOBE!! THE WINNER WILL BE ATOBE!! THE WINNER WILL BE ATOBE!!

pupiinaccho

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Qatar
The winner will be Hyotei, the winner will be Atobe. That is all.

(He stole my birthday, so if he wins, I'm hopefully entitled to all royalties. Thanks Konomi-sensei.)

Status
Not open for further replies.