Quarterfinal - Kouka (Gintama) vs. Bishamonten | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Kouka (Gintama) vs. Bishamonten

Who wins?

• Kouka

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Bishamonten

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So my opponent is a Goddess...

wiki

Personnality :

Kouka appears cold at first, acting rather hostile to Umibouzu when they first met, ignoring Umibouzu's pursuit and attacking him when he sexually harassed her without looking in his direction. She also seems to be expressionless, possibly due to years of living in solitude.
She also has a terrifying side and Umibouzu fears her greatly. Mutsu describes their domestic situation as "the strongest man in the universe becomes the weakest at home." Umibouzu and Kamui are shown fleeing from Kouka in a flashback. However Kouka also loves her family very much, even willing to risk her life to stay by their side despite knowing that it will eventually cause her death.

Story :

Kouka appeared when Umibouzu was in the midst of fighting Orochi, defeating the creature with ease. Before she left the lovestruck man, Kouka corrected his thinking by stating how Kouan was still thriving and that he should not measure the planet by his own standards. She then told Umibouzu to leave and not disturb Orochi that went aggressive due to his intrusion. She then attempt to quieten the creature down, which went on for three days and nights with Umibouzu by her side throughout. After exchanging words, Kouka introduced herself and welcomed the man back at any time as he wished. From then on they started having frequent interactions, and Kouka started developing feelings for Umibouzu. She eventually decided to follow him and left Kouan to start a family together.

Kouka led a normal life taking care of her family after settling down on Rakuyou. However her health deteriorated after giving birth to Kagura and she became bedridden since. It was also revealed that the Yato family was ostracised by the Rakuyou residents as a result of her failing health. Despite knowing her inevitable death, Kouka did not regret her decision to leave Kouan and expressed her wishes to be with her family till the end. Kouka's condition worsened after witnessing the confrontation between her husband and son, with the latter leaving home as a result of losing. Before drawing her last breath, she envisioned her whole family being by her side and was glad at how they could finally visit the Earth together.

Kouka later appeared again as Kamui's illusion while he lie on Kagura's lap after his defeat.

some thoughts

Qualities :
Yeah, kouka is not a goddess ( by its very definition "goddesss" means or refers to perfection, and to an ultimate being), she's not perfect, far from it, but thats what makes her even more interesting.
I'm copying what i wrote about perfection in the previous husbando wars :

"Personally I don’t have any specific standards when it come to "husbando" thing, IRL I dont look for any idealised kind of person. And i’m not naïve enough to think of love in an idyllic way. Also I’m far to be perfect so I obviously don’t have that much expectations about that. Perfection doesnt exist to begin with, and perfection is boring. Quoting a comment about imperfections of the teacher of some classical music course Im taking about "vibrato" :

"how the tempo slows down and then speeds back up here and there. And again, notice how these slight imperfections, create expression in music. This is how a great performer communicates emotion to us ! "

Yes Marian is not flawless, but those few flaws of his are minors and are not at all disqualifying him for the best husbando title. On the contrary, minors flaws are what makes people, human."

That goes for waifu, too, ofc. So yeah if you're just some normal human being with great qualities & with your imperfections that makes you human, you would love someone to accept you like you are, i guess. So why would you expect perfection from your partner/waifu ?

Actually she didnt fall in love with Kankou at 1st sight, he did. but she was very cold towards him at 1st, she wouldnt even look at him, but she gradually get interested in him and eventually fell in love with him.
Let's focus on her husband. Kankou is a strong man, indeed, but she's possibly stronger than him. He was not introduced to her in his best light, he's neither the smartest guy around, nor he is handsome, he's not bad, thats not it but, there was nothing particulary outstanding in him, except him loving her deeply and being persistent. Kouka still fell in love with him, so that proves how much she's never been interested in a man's physical appearance, in his material condition or in his strenght or anything, she's not relying on anything, she's not looking for the perfect guy. She's just a fine woman who just looked at his feelings.

Kouka was living on her own, its when you lack something that you realize how much those things iare important for you, Lacking of a family, she was ready to sacrifice everything just to get some love and a warm home, and because she was lonely she cherished more than everyone her family, she was a caring waifu and a loving mother but was still a strong, warrior with an impressive persoannlity .

Appearance :
Kouka's a lovely and legendary redhaired, best characters are often red-haired
(in manga/anime tropes, redhaired characters are usually strong, smart, and have usually a great personnality.)

Bisha is indeed extremely gorgeous, but kouka is an amazing beauty too :zomg :

youtube extract
Part1 - meeting

Part2- Happy family life

Part3 - Conclusion

+ campaign posts :
post 1

post 2

my video campaigns
Links are provided in case it doesnt work when embedded

Music : Track from HxH2011 : Ginpatsu no Shonen - by Yoshihisa Hirano
Code:
https://streamable.com/9wuda
Music : Track from FMA 2003 : Bratja (brothers) by Anastasia & Veronika Golovina
Code:
https://streamable.com/p8iep

Kouka is praised everywhere ♥

kouka cameo in other mangas ;)

Shokugeki no Kouka

Kouka's no Neverland

So please vote for Kouka ♥

JellalF

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
so it's gintama or the biatch that eliminated aoi? this couldn't be more easy to vote

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

Hope I am not too late to campaign after Erin's amazing post has stolen the show! Been rather busy in between real life and mafia game with not much time to make a post on here. Here we go:

Lady Bishamonten

History:

Centuries beforehand the current story of Noragami, Yato slaughtered nearly all of Bishamon's Shinki Clan (though, unbeknownst to her, it was at Kazuma's request, as his brethren had become corrupt and were infecting their master with Blight). This would spawn her lifelong grudge towards him.

Bishamon despises Yato. She has spent decades hunting him, desiring to end him and anyone who happens to be acquainted with him. Her hatred of him drives her to be reckless and rash.

But then....

A Change of Heart Happened

When she learns that Kazuma was the one who asked Yato to kill the ma clan of shinki in order to alleviate Bishamon of her pain and blight, she decides to let go of her vendetta against Yato. The two still have a rocky relationship and exchange barbs and punches with each other, but they are also more civil with each other and have worked together, such as when they tried to save Ebisu.

She also is working on improving her relationship with her shinki as she closed them off too much after the loss of her first clan. And she has realized she can't save every stray spirit that comes across her path.

Her personality

Bishamon is warm and full passion. She has a big heart that is often hidden by a cool exterior.

When she gets angry, her temper is legendary. Despite her reserved personality, she’s not naturally like this. She’s very humble and calm who looks after the well being of others before herself. Before her clan was assassinated, she was never without a kind word or gesture. A very serene person, innocent and full of joy. Now she’s a very strong person, taking mantle of war goddess in order to protect the innocent. She leads with everything she has.

She puts her full heart into what she believes in and would never back out.

Her Battle Regalia

All clothes, animals, weapons and armors come from her shinki. She had a few elite ones that she always uses. She also will avert an attack in the middle of battle to protect her weapons. As shown in her battle with Yato when he aimed to attack her guns and break her swords. She tactically devised a way to keep her opponents from hurting her spirits.

Her Battle Forms

Kazuma and Bishamon

In the relationship between these two you can see what type of waifu Bish is... Something who puts her family first.

Loyal

Supportive

Sweet

Fun

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Amazing campaign @Crescent Jinx :zomg need to check some time this noragami, seems i'm the only one who doesnt know anything about this manga/series.
Goddesses are so scary

Onegai support Kouka-chan, she's truly an awesome & legit waifu ! ♥

Also she's redhaired thats the ultimate quality for being a great waifu

Last edited:

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
:emocat:emocat:emocat

This is sooo difficult for me!!! :coffeeshock

I'm a big fan of Noragami and I know very well Bisha's qualities as a waifu... But now, it happens that Kouka highly suitable for this rol!

These war matches are killing me. :arf:arf

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Amazing campaign @Crescent Jinx :zomg need to check some time this noragami, seems i'm the only one who doesnt know anything about this manga/series.
Goddesses are so scary

Thanks Erin. And at the very least, two Noragani waifus in this competition has promoted it so that now everyone can check it out.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Surprised to see this thread so inactive...

Bishamon's good too, but obviously Kouka gets my vote.

No idea Crescent-chan and myself are trying our best to make this place lovely, a paradise, a waifu's eden for anyone who visits our thread, but still somehow we failed :emocat

i have no idea why

kouka is sad.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

The only thing I have left to say is that just like Erin's candidate, Bisha is a strong, smart, beautiful female and a great mother who would be a great waifu.

Really, the only difference I can find is that Kouka is more reserved and a lone wolf while Bisha is a bit more outgoing and sociable even during the period she's separating herself from everyone. She was a leader and couldn't change her position so she had to still work with people.

So it really depends on how you prefer your punishment...?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No idea Crescent-chan and myself are trying our best to make this place lovely, a paradise, a waifu's eden for anyone who visits our thread, but still somehow we failed :emocat

i have no idea why

kouka is sad.

Lovely posts all around Erin

Surprised to see this thread so inactive...
:biblethump We are trying to do the best we can

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

The only thing I have left to say is that just like Erin's candidate, Bisha is a strong, smart, beautiful female and a great mother who would be a great waifu.

Really, the only difference I can find is that Kouka is more reserved and a lone wolf while Bisha is a bit more outgoing and sociable even during the period she's separating herself from everyone. She was a leader and couldn't change her position so she had to still work with people.

So it really depends on how you prefer your punishment...?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lovely posts all around Erin

:biblethump We are trying to do the best we can
When Ebisu said crazy chick San Bisha looked lot like Oliver Armstrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.