Seinen - Kowloon Generic Romance by Jun Mayuzuki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Kowloon Generic Romance by Jun Mayuzuki

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Kowloon Generic Romance

Author : Jun Mayuzuki
Genre : Mystery, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Seinen
Magazine : Young Jump (Shueisha)

Synopsis :
The greatest labyrinth of the 20th century, a drama for working men and women, in a town called Kowloon Walled City. A daily adult romance in a gentle dystopia. (... can a dystopia be gentle?) (Source : Mangadex)
Nominated for the 14th annual Manga Taisho awards

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

heres an itw of the author

I agree with her here :nod :

Kowloon Generic Romance has been running since late 2019 for, as of this writing, a total of eight volumes. What are your hopes for the series as it continues and for the readers to get out of it as they keep following it?

MAYUZUKI:
We were hoping to get it done in around 10 volumes, but I think it's going to take about 12 or 13 volumes. I don't want to extend the story or squish it down. I want to draw what I want to draw at the moment, but I do think that 10 volumes is a nice length. It's an easy length for people to pick up the series after it's finished, which is what we were aiming for. To my readers, I want to say that I know that this story is more complicated than my other previous works, and I know that some people are looking at it as a sci-fi story. However, the focus is more about how the characters live their lives, what kind of food are they eating, what kind of emotions are they feeling, what kinds of changes are they undergoing, etc.

Full itw : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...ric-romance-manga-artist-jun-mayuzuki/.199137

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Seems Kowloon is getting an anime :

Also wanted to mention, that Kowloon walled city did eist and was demolished in early nineties It looks so fascinating: