Battle - Kurapika vs. Royal Guards | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Kurapika vs. Royal Guards

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Kurapika is, I would consider, quite an advanced Nen user if he killed Uvo in a cinch.

In red-eye state he becomes 100% of everything, and if the enemy is not a spider, he just can't use the judgement chain. But otherwise, all his powers are still effective, right?

So, how do you think Kurapika fared if he fought the Royal Guards?

mousiehamster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I think his 100% power up is insane and frankly, unreasonable. That said, the 100% refers to potential. Which doesn't actually mean anything. When he fought Uvo though, he did fine just lashing about the chain. But there is this: emotions affect Nen. Kurapica's hate for the Ryodan is legendary and i'm sure that contributed to significantly stronger nen. His normal self, even with Emperor Time, would probably have much weaker Nen. His normal reinforcement Nen, even against Uvo, wasn't that powerful anyway - his kicks did nothing. It was the Manipulation nen from the Chain that Uvo was scared of. And arguably without the Zetsu Uvo could have broken out.

So basically he's just a guy with manipulating a conjured chain and extraordinary agility. I think Yupi with his monstrous Nen would just tank the chain and cut up Kurapika. Pitou would murder him just as easily.

howdydodah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think his 100% power up is insane and frankly, unreasonable. That said, the 100% refers to potential. Which doesn't actually mean anything. When he fought Uvo though, he did fine just lashing about the chain. But there is this: emotions affect Nen. Kurapica's hate for the Ryodan is legendary and i'm sure that contributed to significantly stronger nen. His normal self, even with Emperor Time, would probably have much weaker Nen. His normal reinforcement Nen, even against Uvo, wasn't that powerful anyway - his kicks did nothing. It was the Manipulation nen from the Chain that Uvo was scared of. And arguably without the Zetsu Uvo could have broken out.

So basically he's just a guy with manipulating a conjured chain and extraordinary agility. I think Yupi with his monstrous Nen would just tank the chain and cut up Kurapika. Pitou would murder him just as easily.
By potential you mean utility i guess... Emperor time is as it is, gives kurapika 100% the use of all nen types. To clear things out it cannot give him mastery over a certain nen type, what it does though is give him a considerable boost to nen value/capacity. However if you read back to Kurapika-Uvon fight it stated kurapika mastered enhancement and has obviously mastered his own nen category. Which is quite logical being enhancement is the most used out of all other nen types. In addition mastery over a nen type does not = nen power level is high it just means kurapika either is a prodigy, a good learner, or just know where he was going when it comes to his specific nen type. I guess it all comes down to Nen Value/Capacity, which I don't think Kurapika has any sizeable advantage over any RG ,and Intellect(combat). From there I can only say kurapika loses because of considerably nen pow level disadvantage. Unless he finds a way to beat them not head on(highly probable). But we don't how strong kurapika is now since he's not shown in action in current arcs.

mousiehamster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
By potential you mean utility i guess... Emperor time is as it is, gives kurapika 100% the use of all nen types. To clear things out it cannot give him mastery over a certain nen type, what it does though is give him a considerable boost to nen value/capacity. However if you read back to Kurapika-Uvon fight it stated kurapika mastered enhancement and has obviously mastered his own nen category. Which is quite logical being enhancement is the most used out of all other nen types. In addition mastery over a nen type does not = nen power level is high it just means kurapika either is a prodigy, a good learner, or just know where he was going when it comes to his specific nen type. I guess it all comes down to Nen Value/Capacity, which I don't think Kurapika has any sizeable advantage over any RG ,and Intellect(combat). From there I can only say kurapika loses because of considerably nen pow level disadvantage. Unless he finds a way to beat them not head on(highly probable). But we don't how strong kurapika is now since he's not shown in action in current arcs.
He mastered Enhancement in 6 months??

Either way without the Chain Jail trump card he's not really all that good. He's fast, he can heal injuries and use judgment chain which is nice but...judgment chain sucks, since (correct me if i'm wrong) the only thing it can do to the target who refuses to obey the specified condition is kill the target. Useless against the RG who are absolutely loyal to the King. Useless as a move because it requires the user to pierce the target's chest. If you can do that, you might as well kill him, so it has no tactical advantage against the King. Besides Kurapica is probably a ton weaker against non-spider members.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think he'd be able to tank them for a little bit, but after that, he wouldn't be able to win against them. Emperor time is a great ability, but if you're not an exceptional nen user, someone stronger than you could beat you. Netero looked at Pitou and commented that he was stronger than him just out of observation, so why would Kurapika have an easier time with them? Two advanced nen users (I consider Shoot and Knuckle advanced) couldn't take out Youpi, and Moral (who I consider above Knuckle and Shoot) couldn't take out Pouf, albeit not fighting under 100% condition. Kurapika wouldn't be able to solo any of them. Even using Emperor Time, the RG are wicked strong.

There's also a huge caveat to his hatsu--he can only use Chain Jail against the spiders, and he'd have to keep one of the guards in one place long enough to use Judgement Chain while using Emperor Time.

Kurapika is a pretty good nen user, but he also has a very refined hatsu designed for killing the spiders.

If we're looking at Bisuke's chart, Kurapika would be an A and the RG would be a D. There's just too much of a difference in power.

Last edited:

howdydodah

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
He mastered Enhancement in 6 months??
Why? you don't think it's possible?

When you said kurapika is a ton weaker against non ryodans. You should be specific about it, or else I for one would think that you don't see kurapika any higher than mid level. You see if you take hatsus away recognizing a characters strengths would become clear. Kurapika has emperor time and yes I think he has mastered enhancement, he created a couple of chains with different abilities each. The way his 1 chain healed a broken arm completely within mere seconds is a testament to how exceptional Kurapika is(although its a bit confusing because, Uvon stated it was an enhancement type of ability, but theres also Healing is due to the ability given by Kurapika's Conjuring type nen to the nen chain,). The way I see it Kurapika is a High-level if not an advanced nen user. Theres just the question with his nen value/capacity/power-level, which you can try this perspective : (Emperor time boosts yet takes a lot of nen energy by the second, his individual chains are high level nen abilities w/c are very hard to maintain thus taking alot of nen energy(or is it just the chain jail 1)) therefore Kurapika has just enough amount to maintain using his abilities and ET by a couple of minutes/possibly an hour or 2. However I still doubt he can match with RGs , but no doubt he is a very well rounded nen user .

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think kurapica would get destroyed. His emperor time is a great technique however at large kurapica is still a relatively new nen user and his more significant techniques cannot be used in this particular battle. There are chains which have not yet been given any particular attribute so it is impossible to tell if they would be significant here. Anyways, kurapica gets stomped....

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
For this scenario to make any sense it'd have to be the Royal Guards massacred the Kurta tribe because there's no way a human being without some incredible resolve can possibly stand up to the Royal Guards. You're not going to beat them if you just treat it like a duel in the Celestial Arena. They'd absolutely wipe the floor against any human opponent who isn't at least willing to give up their life in the fight (and really much more than that, like Gon did).

Kurapika pretty much starts out at the level of a high level user. His techniques are arguably more powerful than even some of the powerful user's abilities. That said Chain Jail will almost certainly just be broken flat out since it is in fact not unbreakable and the physical strength of a Royal Guard is way beyond human limits, and since Kurapika had to test it on Ubogin first it suggests he's not sure if it'll even hold someone who is clearly not past human limits of strength. Judgment Chain is useless because it'd never penetrate the skin of a Royal Guard to begin with. It's doubtful it's even strong enough to penetrate the human body protected by aura (otherwise he should just use that offensively instead since it's instant kill once it penetrates the skin). So all he has is highish stats plus healing chain, and no way that's going to be enough.

Now if Kurapika retooled his ability to take down the Royal Guard, he could probably do something similar to Gon and take one out at the cost of his life. His potential seems prety insane, and his resolve is easily stronger than that of Gon's. He'll probably only be able to beat Pitou, simply because the other two Royal Guards can fly. Although I think Pitou is the strongest Royal Guard, he simply doesn't have the ability to fly up in the air and simply retreat. Even Transformed Gon would have a hard time defeating the other two Royal Guards if they simply take off when things look bad, because it's hard to imagine shooting down in a fireball barrage like DBZ even for someone as powerful as Transformed Gon let alone anyone else.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I'd easily give this to the RG.

Kurapika was actually scared of engaging Uvo, saying that "he's ridiculously powerful." When he knew he was a Spider however, he was confident he could defeat him thanks to his Chain Jail. Not to mention that it was stated that he would get destroyed if he fought three Spiders at once, let alone three RG immune to his Chain Jail.

The RG are actually much stronger than Uvo, so Kurapika's victory is an empty dream.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd easily give this to the RG.

Kurapika was actually scared of engaging Uvo, saying that "he's ridiculously powerful." When he knew he was a Spider however, he was confident he could defeat him thanks to his Chain Jail. Not to mention that it was stated that he would get destroyed if he fought three Spiders at once, let alone three RG immune to his Chain Jail.

The RG are actually much stronger than Uvo, so Kurapika's victory is an empty dream.
I assume the scenario is 1on1 and asking who, if any of the RGs, are defeatable in such a scenario, as opposed to 1on3. Fighting 1onX in HXH is generally just a very bad idea.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I see. But I still give them the victory, even in a 1 on 1.

howdydodah

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I see. But I still give them the victory, even in a 1 on 1.
Of course, no one could kill an RG(except for Adult Gon w/c took him an extra 10/20 years to do so). That was the main point of the whole arc/battle, to establish the RG and KING as seriously OP. And that the characters involved in the Arc are Highly skillled and powerful in their own right to be able to survive/out-maneuver the Chimeras.

side note: I'm seeing kurapica and killua doing what gon did in the near future, considering their potential.

Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kurapica is good, but not that good.
I can see him being able to stall a royal guard like morel did or knuckle did, but that is all.

Royal guards are strong enough to destroy or evade the chains, he cannot bind them for long.

Kurapica's whole hatsu was created with humans as the target in mind.

It is not very effective against the royal guards.

However, since he is a formidable nen user on his own, he has chances to stall, escape or distract a royal guard for a considerable time.

howdydodah

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yeah but I meant it as in similar with gon where he went fast forward to 20+ year old of himself. So in twenty years tym or less kurapica and killua would be able to do more of the same.

Edit: Kurapica is quite exceptional, if you have time to reasearch the part where his master stated it would take years to find/choose the right weapon to conjure yadda yadda and kurapica instantly decided the chain that's quite a feat right there. Kurapica is and advanced user.

Last edited:

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
He gets Stomped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His Only Hatsu Chain usable would be Dowsing & Healing...
His Nen volume or amount is no where Near Netero's neither is his skills..

Skill is more vauble than Nen amount & Nen output***Note Netero's Superior Attack Speed
Kurapicka has nothing in his arsenal to hold his own against Royal Guard Chimera Ants.

The Invasion Squad only for so far because of their group effort and circumstances....Komugi honestly was the main defeat of the Chimera Ants, w/o her lucky placement inside the castle & getting injured...The Invasion group would have surely met their end..regardless It would take Netero lv skill/Nen volume ++

howdydodah

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
actually when u stated kurapica has nothing in his arsenal got me thinking. I'd have to disagree, he has judgement chain albeit at a low probability but certainly points to success given circumstance agrees and conditions are met.