Question - Kurapika VS Ubogin: Chain usage | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Kurapika VS Ubogin: Chain usage

Iceblink

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi all. I have a question regarding this combat

Why Kurapika has not paralyzed Ubo in advance? Kurapika said the chain was already around Ubo before Ubo released his maximum potential, I guess after the jumping kick attack

I thought it was due to the chain needing more time to wrap up the opponent, but it doesn't seem the case for Kuroro and the poison-paralyzed Ubo; these actions were still fast

Am I missing something?

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
He probably wants to test to see if it was possible for someone to break out of the Chain Jail at the instant they got captured since he'd have no way to know how immediate the Zetsu effect on Chain Jail is during practice. It is possible that there might be a very short time before the opponent is put in Zetsu so he'd need to make sure the chains can hold up against someone at 100%.

HXH in general has too much problem with instant kill attacks. As Ubogin himself admitted, Kurapika could've just combo into Chain Jail after that jumping kick attack which might as well be instant kill with Chain Jail. Even a lesser version of Chain Jail (e.g. paralyze or asleep) would pretty much still be instant kill after any successful melee attack. If people are actually serious about killing each other, most fights in HXH would end after the first successful attack.