Last 16: Match Up 1!: Whitebeard vs. Kuma | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Last 16: Match Up 1!: Whitebeard vs. Kuma

And the winner is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This thread wont have a poll until one day of discussion. This is to avoid one-liners and allow a bit more of discussion on each fight, as well to allow you to change your mind while discussing it. Thanks for your understanding.

Last 16: Match Up 1
WHITEBEARD VS KUMA

Last edited:

DEATHBOTT

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
whitebeard would shatter kuma into pieces. might aswell put up the poll now because there isnt much to discuss haha. standing back and firing lazers would be kuma's only bet but wb can just destroy the very ground kuma stands on from afar. or maybe kuma's speed might let him get close but imo wb can tank anything kuma throws at him and then would annihilate him.

kulugo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Whitebeard gets a free pass for the first round?

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Whitebeard is probably going to make his way through the tournament quite easily. Kuma has a hax DF, but Whitebeard is simply too overpowering. Whitebeard takes this.

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Kuma's cyborg body is going to get a lot of dents and cracks after this match :teehee

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
shitty questions,this kind of opponent can't keep up with the strongest character...

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Well, considering Whitebeard is dead... Kuma would win by default, hahaha. :3c

But seriously, Whitebeard would trash Kuma. I'm sure Kuma could put up a fight, and he could probably repel a lot of the quakes with his paws, and he's probably pretty physically resilient with his cyborg body now... but he can't take down Whitebeard just by himself. Definitely not, if Ivankov can hold Kuma off.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Kuma beats Whitebeard, even the quakes can be reflected. Being hited by his own great scale powers should be dangerous for the old man.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Kuma beats Whitebeard, even the quakes can be reflected. Being hited by his own great scale powers should be dangerous for the old man.
You serious ?

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
You serious ?
No xD. But i will step aside from using logic and only use his abilities to put an argument.

Kuma push even the intangible things. Newgate has a heart disease if i recall correctly, and from an attack made to Giant John directly to his heart, i say then by any chance, a repulsed quake hits his heart and start to get pauses in the battle while Kuma creates Ursus Shock that are introduced into Whitebeard's chest to destroy his heart even more.

Eventually the old man is defeated with a lot of wounds on his back :teehee

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
At least someone is TRYING to give Kuma a chance. >8(

Kazu-Sama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If Kuma could push fatigue and hurt out of Luffy and into Zoro, then if WB hurts him but not kills him can he just push the fatigue and damage out of him and into WB? IE becoming immune to any non-OHKO moves? And if so, and the original Kuma is stronger than the Pacifistas (which I really, really hope) then it could be an interesting battle for the SHs when they eventually clash again

Of course, he still will lose, badly, to WB, but it's just a thought

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, the Palm explosion is an interesting move. And He can move actually pretty fast, and He can push almost anyone to everywhere.

Let's say He push himself behind Whitebeard and then He push him to the sea.

Kazu-Sama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, I bet on Kuma losing badly. Guess I should stop trying to defend him!

Whitebeard is stronger than his crew, and in the Battle for Marineford the admirals - who were far more impressive during the battle than the Shikibukai - were fighting roughly evenly with the top crew members, Marco and Jozu and co. Mihawk, who's one of the strongest Shikibukai, was fighting roughly evenly with Vista. If Kuma is genuinely strong enough to defeat Whitebeard, then he could have just charged around the battlefield blasting Marco, Vista, Ace, Luffy and everyone into the ocean where they were powerless. Hell, if Kuma could beat Whitebeard then the admirals, Sengoku, the other Shikibukai, everyone other than Kuma was surplus to requirements. Kuma would've won the war singlehandedly...

RedBerserk

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
It depends on what version of Kuma we are taking in consideration: the px-0 or the fully conscious Kuma.
The px-0 is basically a px + df powers, it's no match for Whitebeard obviously... while the real Kuma is a different story, one of his abilities is some kind of teleportation, it doesn't matter how strong you are, if you can't hit your enemy its useless! (what if Kuma keep shooting lasers from close range and then run away in an istant thanks to his power? or something like that) i don't think that Whitebeard is slow or that he wouldn't win in the end, but Kuma would give him a run for his money with the right tactics.
"Mihawk, who's one of the strongest Shikibukai, was fighting roughly evenly with Vista" please... Mihawk didn't sweat at all during the whole freaking war, how can people understimate him so much? with an effortless swing of his sword, he took down a giant iceberg that ended up making more damage to the marines then all of the pirates combined menaged to do (excluding Whitebeard of course) or what about the speed he used to cut Buggy? he literally tore him to shreds in a moment... he walked in the battlefield casually, without a worry, basically playing around! if Mihawk was serious Vista would end up like mr 1 xD evenly with Vista, yeah right lol

Last edited:

Kazu-Sama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It depends on what version of Kuma we are taking in consideration: the px-0 or the fully conscious Kuma.
The px-0 is basically a px + df powers, it's no match for Whitebeard obviously... while the real Kuma is a different story, one of his abilities is some kind of teleportation, it doesn't matter how strong you are, if you can't hit your enemy its useless! (what if Kuma keep shooting lasers from close range and then run away in an istant thanks to his power? or something like that) i don't think that Whitebeard is slow or that he wouldn't win in the end, but Kuma would give him a run for his money with the right tactics.
"Mihawk, who's one of the strongest Shikibukai, was fighting roughly evenly with Vista" please... Mihawk didn't sweat at all during the whole freaking war, how can people understimate him so much? with an effortless swing of his sword, he took down a giant iceberg that ended up making more damage to the marines then all of the pirates combined menaged to do (excluding Whitebeard of course) or what about the speed he used to cut Buggy? he literally tore him to shreds in a moment... he walked in the battlefield casually, without a worry, basically playing around! if Mihawk was serious Vista would end up like mr 1 xD evenly with Vista, yeah right lol
I know that Mihawk wasn't at his strongest, but he was still fighting with his main sword, and with his sheer power (shredding Buggy, for instance) Vista even managing to fight him for a prolonged period of time is impressive. And here (http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_piece/v57/c562/10.html) you can see Vista is as relaxed as Mihawk is, even with Mihawk fighting with enough force to destroy the giant glaciers, shred Buggy into pieces, and absolutely thrash Luffy. So, since we've yet to see Mihawk, or for that matter Marco and co, fighting all out, we can't accurately judge. From what we've seen, though, the average Shikibukai is about even to a Yonkou's top crew members, but still leagues below a Yonkou. Mihawk is incredibly strong, but his fight is still to come. Still, I can't see any Shikibukai being able to stand up to Whitebeard. When old and ill (to the point Marco commented on it) and having just been stabbed, he still got Sengoku frantically screaming at his thousands of men, including all 3 admirals, the Shikibukai, plus incredible fighters like himself and Garp. Whitebeard stomps.

I'm not saying the fight wouldn't be interesting (a couple of comments ago I was bouncing around ideas as to how Kuma could hurt WB), but I'm saying that ultimately , Kuma is powerless to stop WB.

On an unrelated note, Uriel, the whole 'betting' idea is really fun, it's not often I do more than just play the devil's advocate for the fun of it :D

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well, the Palm explosion is an interesting move. And He can move actually pretty fast, and He can push almost anyone to everywhere.

Let's say He push himself behind Whitebeard and then He push him to the sea.

If it goes like that, then Kuma would've become PK long time ago, his ability is haxx, but not as haxx as people tend to believe IMO

Although, I like Kazu-Sama's idea about repelling his own fatigue and such, but there's no way that would heal his wounds or such a thing, let's say he got a cut in his cheek, no way it would heal if he repelled his fatigue in that moment. But such an ability is useful only for someone who feels pain, example : Luffy got injured and tired, Kuma comes, repels his fatigue, Luffy can now fight but still injured. Such a thing could be even called dangerous because that would put his body into much much more serious strain. But since Kuma isn't even a human, and doesn't feel pain to begin with, repelling his fatigue is useless.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Every ability is HAX up to a point when someone has a HAXXER ability in One Piece. Thing is that Gura Gura is powerful, but it's not handy. In the other hand, Paw Paw is not only powerful, it's only extremely versatile.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Every ability is HAX up to a point when someone has a HAXXER ability in One Piece. Thing is that Gura Gura is powerful, but it's not handy. In the other hand, Paw Paw is not only powerful, it's only extremely versatile.
True that every DF ability is haxx, but so far, there's only two that deserve to be called the most haxxed abilities in the world : Yami Yami no Mi, Gura Gura no Mi. Gura Gura is very handy, there's no ability that can resist to its destructive power, one serious blow from Gura Gura no Mi and it could end a fight. We've seen how WB used it brilliantly.

Nikyu Nikyu No Mi offers a nice set of powers (repel air, repel fatigue, teleportation, compressing air, repellling attacks), but I don't think it could ever compare to Gura Gura no Mi, there's a reason BB went through such a trouble to get the Gura Gura no Mi (a bit off topic, but I was wondering how the hell was he gonna get the Gura Gura no Mi originally ? Because he wanted to turn Luffy to the Marines to become Shichibukai, no way WB would make war with the Marines for Luffy, albeit Ace would've done it... It seems as if BB was really lucky to have faced Ace instead of Luffy, because I don't think he could've defeated an uninjured WB no matter what)

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think he really had a plan for getting it, he just saw an opportunity and took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.