Last 16: Match Up 2!: Lucky Roo vs. Akainu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Last 16: Match Up 2!: Lucky Roo vs. Akainu

And the winner is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This thread wont have a poll until one day of discussion. This is to avoid one-liners and allow a bit more of discussion on each fight, as well to allow you to change your mind while discussing it. Thanks for your understanding.

Last 16: Match Up 2
Lucky Roo vs. Akainu

Last edited by a moderator:

DEATHBOTT

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
if an enraged wb cant keep akainu down i dont think lucky roo stands a chance. he could last a little while but would be on the defensive the whole time. i would only vote an emperor or roger over akainu. he is a beast. again holding the polls back for discussion is pointless haha

kulugo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Akainu obviously unless Lucky Roo has some kind of water DF.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
What's the point in starting the polls late? If you wanted to avoid one liners and encourage conversations you shouldn't have put characters who haven't shown anything into the tournament. What argument can be made in favor of either of these characters that would actually merit more than a one liner? Sure I could write up a paragraph or two about Akainu's abilities, but there is NOTHING to compare it against.

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
What's the point in starting the polls late? If you wanted to avoid one liners and encourage conversations you shouldn't have put characters who haven't shown anything into the tournament. What argument can be made in favor of either of these characters that would actually merit more than a one liner? Sure I could write up a paragraph or two about Akainu's abilities, but there is NOTHING to compare it against.
I asked me the same question since the start of this tournament. But if you look at the old polls and battles of Lucky Roo, then according to some pro-user, this argument wins:

Lucky Roo is one of the top crew members of a Yonkou and thats the proof that he is superstrong!

...so I give my vote too Roo :derp

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Akainu has proven himself to be pretty much the strongest Marine around, and with the death of WB is in contention for the most powerful individual in the manga, as such Akainu wins.

leshrak

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure if Shanks can defeat Akainu so IMO Lucky Roo has absolutelly no chance here (unless he got a DF that is the perfect counter for magma, but nothing indicates that). Akainu has showm to be one of the strongest so far not only in terms destructive power but also in endurance.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

On the other hand, at least Lucky Roo can grill some meat before Akainu fries him XD

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
as a primary crew member of Shanks, Lucky Roo is surely pretty strong. but that doesn't make him stronger than everyone. now if some of us fail to understand this simple thing, then that is sad.

with that said, Akainu will win against Lucky Roo; no doubt there.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Mustache wins here!:hip

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Lucky Roo uses Haki and eats Aka Inu.. Afterwards, he gets heartburn and dies a painful death.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
if an enraged wb cant keep akainu down i dont think lucky roo stands a chance. he could last a little while but would be on the defensive the whole time. i would only vote an emperor or roger over akainu. he is a beast. again holding the polls back for discussion is pointless haha
wb was tired,old and ill,in fact he defeated akainu,actually. not to mention that he defeated aokiji with just an attack. yet,akainu is too strong,lucky roo is owned!

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Well, we did see that the top Whitebeard commanders can fight the admirals pretty well for a little while. But in the end, they were beaten (whether they were distracted or not). Plus Akainu is supposedly the strongest of the 3 admirals (at least stronger than Aokiji) and all the Whitebeard commanders attacking together couldn't do more than hold him back from Luffy a little. And I think it's pretty fair to say Lucky Roo is around the same strength as the top Whitebeard commanders. So based off all that, Akainu wins by a pretty fair margin.

Gotenkss

Reaction score
Country
India
We exactly do not know all the abilities of Lucky Roo. Just based on assumptions, he should not win also against the currently strongest marine.
If that would be the case, Kong would have been in last 16
My vote goes to Akainu

Last edited:

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I wouldn't take Akainu's feats against WB as a proof because he was fighting an old, wounded, sick WB. If the Marines were so sure that one admiral is enough to beat WB, they wouldn't have used such a tactic against him (aka using Squardo, 3 admirals fighting him each time, countless Marine soldiers ganging up on him etc)

But, Lucky Roo didn't show anything, at least we saw to some extent what Akainu is able to do, so Akainu for me

Kazu-Sama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the nicest possible way, Roo has no chance. 0%. Akainu might not be at Yonkou standard, but he's definitely stronger than Aokiji - he did beat him, after all - and Aokiji was fighting pretty evenly with Jozu, the number 3 in Whitebeard's crew. Now, I appreciate that One Piece isn't as simple as A > B, B > C, so A > C, but at the same time Akainu has shown he is fantastically strong, and while we have seen nothing of Shank's crew other than vs complete fodder, even if we say they're roughly even to Whitebeard's top fighters, then Roo doesn't stand a chance. There's no way of accurately knowing this, and I know that when One Piece ends we'll look back at Chopper losing to Caribou, see how Blackbeard's crew would actually fare - although I still think Big Mom losing to one of the crew seems unlikely - and laugh, however for now we can only judge on hype and what we've seen, and quite frankly Akainu outclasses Roo on both.

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Roo's gonna get his meat cooked :D

Status
Not open for further replies.