Last 16: Match up 8!: Shanks vs. Doflamingo | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Last 16: Match up 8!: Shanks vs. Doflamingo

Who wins?

• Shanks

Votes: 44 91.7%
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This thread wont have a poll until one day of discussion. This is to avoid one-liners and allow a bit more of discussion on each fight, as well to allow you to change your mind while discussing it. Thanks for your understanding.

Last 16: Match up 8!: Shanks vs. Doflamingo

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wuhu. Going with Doflamingo here. Just to be on that side again that trys to justify a win from someone we have seen fight vs. a total unknown. :D

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Shanks stops a magma punch with his sword. Best feat ever, i'll give my vote to him.

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think showing up with 6 or so guys and stopping an all-out war involving the strongest guys in the series should be enough of a feat for anybody. Even Akainu backed down at that point. Shanks wins this one.

Dekker

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
We have seen neither fight, we only saw Shanks having insane strong haki. We will all guess Shanks wins this.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
interesting fight,not because of the strength or the mysterious result (because I'm sure shanks wouldn't have much troubles),but because of the 2 behaviours of them. as I just said,though, shanks would win,his haki is amazing,and he is one of the 3 priates who could handle WB.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Shanks FTW

Don't know much about DoFlamingo but there's no way he could beat Shanks . :heh

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Let's wait for DoFlas super badass entrance in the next one piece chapter and decide afterwards, who should win this!
I really dont like going with the hype, so I want to give Flamingo a chance to show what he is capable of.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As much as I would like to give Doflamingo the vote here, it would not be realistic, it's not that Dofla is not strong, it's just that he is another one of those "7 warlord villains" that are meant for the SH crew to beat even. While Shanks is just a class above that. I get the whole 3 great powers thing, but seriously the Shichibukai are nowhere near the yonko and the admirals/marines. So yeah Shanks.

Josear XIII

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Going with Shanks on this one, even with a stupid injury he is still rocking the seas

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm glad noone is cheering doflamingo on,surely he is strong,maybe stronger than the average of the warlords,but the emperors are above them,clearly. akainu owned jinbe,ivankov,inazuma,after having been defeated by WB,there's no way a shichibukai is above a fleet admiral,who couldn't bu retreat (pissed off) in front of an emperor.

Leonsagara

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have seen neither fight, we only saw Shanks having insane strong haki. We will all guess Shanks wins this.
We've seen Doflamingo fighting. His feats are: slicing off Oz Jr's leg and controlling Jozu for a bit. Also fought Crocodile for a while, which we didn't see much of.

We also know a little about Shanks: Haki comparable to Whitebeard's, regularly dueled and won against Mihawk, and managed to stop Akainu from killing Coby.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've seen Doflamingo fighting. His feats are: slicing off Oz Jr's leg and controlling Jozu for a bit. Also fought Crocodile for a while, which we didn't see much of.

We also know a little about Shanks: Haki comparable to Whitebeard's, regularly dueled and won against Mihawk, and managed to stop Akainu from killing Coby.
Wait, when has Shanks ever won against Mihawk?

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I dunno about that, either. The expression I heard is "sparring partners", which doesn't imply anything. And if Shanks beat Mihawk in a sword fight, then I doubt Mihawk would be called the strongest swordsman now :^_^
Nevertheless, Dofla does crap to Shanks.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
God this is boring!

So lets get into a way how the fight could go. We all know Dofla can control Yonkou-Commanderlvl guys like Jozu and that other WB-guy. Aaand its a tournament. A tournament has a audience. Heck dofla juts puts his strings on a commander of shanks and uses him a shield and weapon against Shanks. According to the manga Shanks wouldnt even touch his nakamas in order to hurt them. So he defaults, because his nakamas are worth more then this stupid tournament, where even Roger takes part.

=D

Leonsagara

Reaction score
Country
United States
He had to have won at least sometimes, or Mihawk wouldn't have been interested in fighting him. And no one said Shanks was using a sword.

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
He had to have won at least sometimes, or Mihawk wouldn't have been interested in fighting him. And no one said Shanks was using a sword.
We saw him using a sword, right?
I imagine them to have been matched up - neither was dominating the fight. Sparring isn't a fight till death, anyway.

Saschenhesse:
Why just control a commander of Shanks? Dofla puts his strings on Shanks himself, and wins the fight! :derp

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Jeah but then they would normally counter with his haki knowledge. :P Jozu was manipulated so screw his commanders.

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
God this is boring!

So lets get into a way how the fight could go. We all know Dofla can control Yonkou-Commanderlvl guys like Jozu and that other WB-guy. Aaand its a tournament. A tournament has a audience. Heck dofla juts puts his strings on a commander of shanks and uses him a shield and weapon against Shanks. According to the manga Shanks wouldnt even touch his nakamas in order to hurt them. So he defaults, because his nakamas are worth more then this stupid tournament, where even Roger takes part.

=D
i am sorry, but that's a lame explanation i must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.