Theory - Latest Chapter and Mindless Titans | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Latest Chapter and Mindless Titans

vanihba2000

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So, the latest chapter where a bunch of humans simultaneously transformed made me think. The questions are :

1) How did MT manage to simultaneously transform so many humans, first at Raigako village and then now? (At Raigako the transformation was simultaneous, because there was no blood loss and nobody managed to escape)

2) How did he manage to get them to Shinganshina recently?

3) Why did MT and RB get rid off the rest of the Titans around the area?

Now I am inclined to think that there is a serum which allows the MT to 'infect' a human population and then 'control' them in their human forms as well (that is how he managed to get them to walk to Shinganshina). And then transform them at will, by shrieking maybe.

Consider this :

MT reaches Raigako village, in human form, and infects all the wells there with his serum, then he waits for a few days till everyone is infected. With that he gives his shriek and poof! Whole village transforms.
Later he decides to go to some other settlement and infect them as well. Then drags all of them along to Shinganshina for the latest battle.

Also, I thought about the plague incident in Shinganshina. Could this be the 'infection' we are talking about here? If that is so that means MT's faction initially tried to attack Shinganshina by converting them all to Titans. But unfortunately, Grisha came up with a cure. So that means Grisha's 'cure' can work on people who have been targeted to become Titans. But of course it was a disease, so there might be casualities, but what if it doesn't matter if a person is dead/half-dead as long he is infected? He could still be controlled and converted maybe... (this kind of reminds me of the walking dead :derp, where you get a fever, a disease before you die and get converted to a zombie...).

And maybe that's what Grisha's been doing in his basement? After studying the infection that caused the plague, he might have realized something about the Titan serum and decided to study it further, getting deeper and deeper into the history and the truth regarding the Titans.

So basically, the infection causing the plague is what makes humans convert to Titans.

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So, the latest chapter where a bunch of humans simultaneously transformed made me think. The questions are :

1) How did MT manage to simultaneously transform so many humans, first at Raigako village and then now? (At Raigako the transformation was simultaneous, because there was no blood loss and nobody managed to escape)

2) How did he manage to get them to Shinganshina recently?

3) Why did MT and RB get rid off the rest of the Titans around the area?
To be fair, we never saw actual humans being transformed in the last chapter, so until we get confirmation on that, there is no telling if BT turned actual humans into Titans or just made Titans appear/re-appear.

Regarding 3):

They got rid of the Titans because Eren's coordinate could control those Titans, but the Titans made/converted by BT only answer to BT, as to not leave anything to chance and have Eren's power kick in and turn the tables on the shifters again. That's just what I think.

Now I am inclined to think that there is a serum which allows the MT to 'infect' a human population and then 'control' them in their human forms as well (that is how he managed to get them to walk to Shinganshina). And then transform them at will, by shrieking maybe.
But there were no reports of empty towns/people going missing since the incident in Connie's village I think... They would've known if that were the case.

Consider this :

MT reaches Raigako village, in human form, and infects all the wells there with his serum, then he waits for a few days till everyone is infected. With that he gives his shriek and poof! Whole village transforms.
Later he decides to go to some other settlement and infect them as well. Then drags all of them along to Shinganshina for the latest battle.
But it's too convenient - and weird - that in Raigako village everyone happened to be inside their homes when they transformed. Not to mention, in the latest chapter we never hear him shriek, we only hear the big badaboomboomboom.

I thought that maybe when BT shifts, anyone caught within a certain radius would be turned into Mindless Titans, but seeing as they were spread out along a single line I don't think that would work in that scenario.

I mean let's see, if those "humans" were already positioned along the way even before the Scouting Legion reached Shiganshina, how they never came across a single one? They'd have to, I think. They did, however, come across a Titan during night time, not a human.

Also, I thought about the plague incident in Shinganshina. Could this be the 'infection' we are talking about here? If that is so that means MT's faction initially tried to attack Shinganshina by converting them all to Titans. But unfortunately, Grisha came up with a cure. So that means Grisha's 'cure' can work on people who have been targeted to become Titans. But of course it was a disease, so there might be casualities, but what if it doesn't matter if a person is dead/half-dead as long he is infected?
That's also one of the theories that I've had, but if infected people were to turn into Titans after dying, there would have been reports like that already.

vanihba2000

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
To be fair, we never saw actual humans being transformed in the last chapter, so until we get confirmation on that, there is no telling if BT turned actual humans into Titans or just made Titans appear/re-appear.
I think it's safe to assume they were all humans being transformed. If he made Titans appear - like magic out of the thin air :o - then that would be a bit too convenient right?

But there were no reports of empty towns/people going missing since the incident in Connie's village I think... They would've known if that were the case.
Some possibilities I can think of : 1) Either it was done so recently that the news of disappearance never reached. And there are some remote villages like Dauper which aren't too well connected..maybe 2) It was from a settlement outside the walls. Whatever the case, it's sure that he had access to a whole bunch of humans he could just 'infect' (if the theory holds good).

But it's too convenient - and weird - that in Raigako village everyone happened to be inside their homes when they transformed. Not to mention, in the latest chapter we never hear him shriek, we only hear the big badaboomboomboom.
Hmm.. well something is triggering the transformation.... if not a shriek, something else.. I guessed a shriek because that's what the coordinate and Annie have been using to control Titans around. I don't see your confusion regarding Raigako village people... all of them need not be in their homes, just need to be 'infected' or primed somehow.

I thought that maybe when BT shifts, anyone caught within a certain radius would be turned into Mindless Titans, but seeing as they were spread out along a single line I don't think that would work in that scenario.
Maybe the radius is quite large? :P And don't forget that he needs to 'infect' the people first as well... (I mean if it were so convenient that he could convert anyone he pleases, the Survey Corps is pretty much doomed!) Yep, maybe his shifting is what causes all the other to shift as well. (since MT shifted right around the moment the rest of the Titans appeared).

I mean let's see, if those "humans" were already positioned along the way even before the Scouting Legion reached Shiganshina, how they never came across a single one? They'd have to, I think. They did, however, come across a Titan during night time, not a human.
It's not tough to hide a group of humans... (and they need not be positioned along the way).
But the thing is, how did these guys know they were coming...Does MT have some kind of telepathic ability to connect to his own 'infected' human/Titan army or something (if by chance they were positioned along the way)? or maybe a really fast messenger (maybe Ymir or a new titan shifter)?
In fact I was hoping I would spot this sleeping Titan among the new ones that appeared in chapter 74, but he wasn't there. Maybe we might see that sleeping Titan again in the next chapters, and that would help us know if MT can actually convert/reconvert humans and Titans. If not, then those really might be newly born Titans.

That's also one of the theories that I've had, but if infected people were to turn into Titans after dying, there would have been reports like that already.
Yep, but you need some trigger to convert them right... Wait... what if MT did some grave digging and is using those dead victims from the plague at the moment? :o Well of course this thought would be shot down, if the dead are cremated and not buried..! :P

Last edited: