Theory - Laugh Tale location solved | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Laugh Tale location solved

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Oda made many references to Disney. There's a Disney movie called Song of the South. In the film, the Br'er Rabbits starts laughing, and says he laughs whenever he thinks of his "laughing place". When asked about it, he says it's a secret place. The twist in the end is that everyone has their own laughing place, and that's their own home.

Splash Mountain, one of Disney most famous attractions, is based on Song of the South, and I think it looks oddly similar to the image of Laugh Tale in the manga:

One Piece 15th Anniversary: Dive to Grand World showed an sketch by Oda of One Piece's world map:

The sketch "leaked" that Logue Town is located in the "Polestar Islands". Lodestar is the last island in the Grand Line, which someone usually finds about the Poneglyphs and that there's another island after it. Lodestar means a star that is used as a guide for ships, usually the Polestar. In other words, Lodestar points to Polestar.

Lodestar is at the other side of Reverse Mountain. Why Crocus said Laugh Tale is at the end of the Grand Line, not Lodestar? Because Lodestar is actually the starting point. The name "Reverse Mountain" was a hint.

During his execution, Roger says:

おれの財宝か?欲しけりゃくれてやるぜ... さがしてみろ この世の全てをそこに置いてきた
"My Treasure? If you want [it], I'll give it to you... search [for it]! This world's everything has been left there.

そこ means "there"
That's exactly what Roger meant, RIGHT THERE...

Laugh Tale is Logue Town, Roger's hometown. That's why Roger laughed.

Laugh Tale was featured in the very first page of the manga.

Credits go to Drop the Pizza YouTube channel

Last edited:

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Going with the op is Sake theory, its in the bar where luffy met a bartender. (anime only?)

I Am Atomic

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It can't be an island we have seen because log pose point towards it. When Roger reached the last island (Lodestar), it was said that the log pose went nuts. That's how Roger realised there is another island aka the actual last island.

If it's some island we have already seen, then Lodestar is actually the last Island on the grand line since Loguetown for example is in East Blue.

Roger laughed because the tale was funny. Also it's not just him that laughed. Roger also named it Laugh Tale since they were the first one on the island since 800 years. If it was already named Loguetown, then this wouldn't make sense.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Going with the op is Sake theory, its in the bar where luffy met a bartender. (anime only?)
I quite like the Bink's sake theory too. It's pretty solid, but I hope it's not that.

Another video I saw stated that the ancient kingdom was called One Peace. That's why CP something shot Clover before he said the kingdom's name. If Clover said it, everyone will recognise it.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
That is impossible for one reason, Laughtale is an Island no one had ever been to in 800 years until Roger found the 4 Road Poneglyph which took him there. People have been to Logue Town, it's not somewhere that was only set foot on 24 years ago, in fact, he was BORN there meaning people have been living on Logue Town for decades, Roger was 52 or so when he died, he'd have had parents and friends and a community from decades ago.
It is somewhere in the Grand Line.

He didn't laugh because Laughtale was his hometown.

He laughed because the One Piece is a Tale full of Laughs, thus LaughTale.

More so, when Roger spoke in Laughtale, he said he had wished he was born in the same era as Joyboy. Joyboy is someone who as we know brings joy and laughs to the people around him from the way he battles.
It's very likely in attempt to liberate many slaves, he did many funny things like we saw against Kaido, Lucci and now, Kizaru. Thus when Joyboy documented his activities on the Poneglyphs, they were regarded as funny which is what is likely imo.

There's just no way that Laughtale is Logue Town, if that were the case, you wouldn't need 4 Poneglyphs to go there and the WG would EASILY have been aware of Roger's whereabouts if he were in Logue Town the entire time.

The Ancient Kingdom had all their important pieces of information hidden at Laugh Tale, it would make no sense for it to be Logue Town, and again, if Roger was born in Logue Town and Laughtale is somewhere he never set foot in his life until towards the end, it can't be Logue Town.

This is why I never watch YouTube theories, issue is when you need to get monetised and get views, your goal is not to just post what's likely the truth which will mean you could only make so many videos... you need new ideas and fun ideas no matter how unrealistic they are which allows you to make many videos for people to watch. As a One Piece YouTuber (not myself), their goal really is jsut to make as much content as possible regardless of whether it's true or not, much better if it is controversial.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Imu simply doesn’t know where Laugh Tale is. The best explanation I have for Laugh Tale being impossible to find randomly is that it was man-made by Joy Boy by stretching the seafloor on itself.
@Fox666 When Roger said "there" have you considered the possibility that he may actually have been looking at Reversed Mountain from the execution platform of Logue Town? I liked your post because it has just made me realize that Reversed Mountain may very well be a reversed mountain. This would be such a Oda-feat to name it "Reversed Mountain" and then revealed at the very end of manga that it is a mountain reversed by Nika powers at end of Void Century to hide the One Piece there. Imagine the fanbase reaction when this is revealed in manga chapter like for the Laugh Tale name. I think that the Reversed Mountain location is the most serious theory for Laugh Tale because of its very unique location on Grand Line and the fact that its strange sea currents have never been explained which means that Nami has to make a come back there to give us an accomplished navigator analysis.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oda made many references to Disney. There's a Disney movie called Song of the South. In the film, the Br'er Rabbits starts laughing, and says he laughs whenever he thinks of his "laughing place". When asked about it, he says it's a secret place. The twist in the end is that everyone has their own laughing place, and that's their own home.

Splash Mountain, one of Disney most famous attractions, is based on Song of the South, and I think it looks oddly similar to the image of Laugh Tale in the manga:

One Piece 15th Anniversary: Dive to Grand World showed an sketch by Oda of One Piece's world map:

The sketch "leaked" that Logue Town is located in the "Polestar Islands". Lodestar is the last island in the Grand Line, which someone usually finds about the Poneglyphs and that there's another island after it. Lodestar means a star that is used as a guide for ships, usually the Polestar. In other words, Lodestar points to Polestar.

Lodestar is at the other side of Reverse Mountain. Why Crocus said Laugh Tale is at the end of the Grand Line, not Lodestar? Because Lodestar is actually the starting point. The name "Reverse Mountain" was a hint.

During his execution, Roger says:

おれの財宝か?欲しけりゃくれてやるぜ... さがしてみろ この世の全てをそこに置いてきた
"My Treasure? If you want [it], I'll give it to you... search [for it]! This world's everything has been left there.

そこ means "there"
That's exactly what Roger meant, RIGHT THERE...

Laugh Tale was featured in the very first page of the manga.

Credits go to Drop the Pizza YouTube channel
This is all great but YouTubers fail to realize how postmodern art works. They have one sample and think "This is it".

You are right that Lodestar and Polestar both refer to the Polaris, but what besides the location of Lodestar did you actually find out? That Lodestar must be at the end of the New World and thus in close proximity to Rivers Mountain is a given. Likely both Lodestar island once was part of the Polestar Islands before the Red Line was created.

Now that Laugh Tale is inside Rivers Mountain is the oldest theory ever. Early theorist basically made it up on the "x marks the spot" saying. The map of the Divine Comedy that is basically the same as the One Piece World minus the Red Line, again is my finding, again no one cared and no one else found it despite the Divine Comedy being sampled multiple times in the most obvious fashion.
This is because the YouTubers, I believe take their stuff from Japanese circles, believing them to be more legitimate, after all they can read the language this is written in...

That this story is purposefully designed to be very unlikely to be solved by someone with a Japanese background, why does no one get that?

All of the popular theories rely on miniscule details instead of the obvious elephant in the room which are certain sets of references that recurr throughout this story, the entire time.

Anyways, I have revealed the "sample" that I think leads to Laugh Tale, time and time here over and over again, but everyone ignores it even though it's such a good catch and present in this story arc...

Probably for the better. YouTubers are all hacks that don't research anything on their own, yet never credit their sources. Watching them abreviates the brain, I wouldn't recommend it.

But to get this clear, this is a good post, the first interesting one in a while. :)

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think that the Reversed Mountain location is the most serious theory for Laugh Tale because of its very unique location on Grand Line and the fact that its strange sea currents have never been explained which means that Nami has to make a come back there to give us an accomplished navigator analysis.
We also know that Brook must come back to Twin Cape to meet Laboon, and so does Luffy that promised the whale a rematch after finishing the Grand Line tour so Laugh Tale must be very close to Reverse Mountain or may have a way to it through the Red Line. I also think it is likely that the whole crew will meet Laboon so the return to Reverse Mountain should happen just after Laugh Tale and prior to the final war against WG. This makes so much sense especially if Joy Boy is meant to destroy the Red Line, a task the whale had been trying for around 50 years.

Anyways, I have revealed the "sample" that I think leads to Laugh Tale, time and time here over and over again, but everyone ignores it even though it's such a good catch and present in this story arc...
Can you please elaborate further or quote yourself because we don’t have in mind your prior posts about Laugh Tale from outside this thread?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Do we all agree here that Laugh Tale is not the Ancient Kingdom location? Ancient Kingdom was a worldwide known location prior to Void Century that was destroyed by WG and Laugh Tale is the place where Joy Boy hid the One Piece treasure for someone to achieve his will in the future. If so where do you think the Ancient Kingdom was located?

Last edited:

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
That is impossible for one reason, Laughtale is an Island no one had ever been to in 800 years until Roger found the 4 Road Poneglyph which took him there. People have been to Logue Town, it's not somewhere that was only set foot on 24 years ago, in fact, he was BORN there meaning people have been living on Logue Town for decades, Roger was 52 or so when he died, he'd have had parents and friends and a community from decades ago.
Perhaps I should have added this in the original post. "Soko" also means "bottom", Roger was saying the One Piece was the bottom of the sea.

It is somewhere in the Grand Line.
This person theory is quite long actually. It says that there's a large mass of land under Reverse Mountain, which extends to both Lodestar and Logue Town.

Tho I'm not so sure about this specific bit of the theory, I think it's into something.