Round of 16 - Laxus Dreyar vs Gajeel Redfox | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Laxus Dreyar vs Gajeel Redfox

Which Fighter Advances?

• Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
1. Wahl put out offense that equals DF characters, just because things don't make a big boom doesn't mean that they aren't powerful, there is something called attack potency, just because it's DF doesn't mean it is automatically a cut above the rest, because DF Wendy is most certainly not a cut above the rest, the same can be said for Sting and Rogue. The way you talk about DF makes it sound like it's invincible, different DF's are different, as shown with Sting and Rogue. I'm pretty damn sure that a person with the durability level of Laxus would be able to stand around all day and take DF Sting, Rogue and Wendy attacks.
2. I already told you that Gajeel needs to materialise for him to actually hit Laxus, how on earth is he landing a hit when Laxus is many times faster than him? You said and I quote "With no way to hit that and match the power of Dragon Force, Laxus is at a disadvantage here and thus I'd give Gajeel the win high diff." That most certainly implies that Gajeel is in DF and in his ISDM at the same time.
3. Give me speed and reaction feats that DF Gajeel has shown that match Laxus'........ As I said, you keep saying it like as soon as people go into DF they surpass all other mages. Laxus was able to disolve a whole bunch of bullets while they were firing at him in mid-air, he also disolved them before they even got close to him, that's one of the best reaction feats in this series. He also dodged a whole bunch of Wahl's ranged attacks at extreme speed and nailed a counter, need I remind you, he's doing all of this while he's ill.
4. Throughout the entire seires. When on earth have Sting, Rogue, Wendy and pre-tenrou island Natsu in DF proved that they have been stronger than current Laxus? Seriously, when? Again, you act like DF is a tier above the rest when Base Natsu clearly destroyed DF Sting and Rogue with ease. The nuke was heavily implied to have the power to take out or deal significant damage to Ajeel, August implied it. Where on earth has DF Gajeel shown the power to take out Laxus?
5. True, you can have that one.
1. Honestly, while Wahl does have decent attack power and I agree its past a few DF characters, I'd argue that at least Natsu would have greater attack power in DF than Wahl, and seeing as Gajeel is portrayed to generally be a bit behind him, Gajeel could possibly match the sort of strength etc. we've seen from Natsu in Dragon Force, but alas we haven't seen a lot of Gajeel's Dragon Force to really judge it as he took down Bradman, a Spriggan, with just a few punches.

2. Yeah, I didn't word that as well as I could've, I didn't mean for it to sound like Gajeel could use both at the same time. Now no, I definitely wouldn't say Laxus is, to quote, "many times faster than him." There is nothing that has been shown to suggest that, but I'd be glad to take a look at any material from the manga you can show me / point me to that does suggest it. Now, we've seen Gajeel get faster when he uses Iron Shadow Dragon Mode (See the Gajeel vs Rogue fight in the GMG and Gajeel vs Torafusa fight in Tartarus), and its pretty clear there that Gajeel moves a lot faster when in that mode. And then as we've seen from every Dragon Slayer thats used Dragon Force in the series, they get even faster when they use it. Look at Natsu, Sting, Rogue, heck even Wendy in Tartarus is an example of this. Their speed increases significantly, and Gajeel showed in Chapter 487 that he too moves a lot faster when he uses Dragon Force, so your argument of Laxus being, again to quote, "many times faster" than Gajeel is moot without any backing on your side.

3. Now, while I can't show you a lot of reaction feats from DF Gajeel as he only needed to use it until he defeated Bradman, what you can clearly see from Chapter 487 (CrunchyRoll translation) is Gajeel blitzing Bradman with punches. You can clearly see in the bottom right panel that Gajeel is blitzing him with punches, and Bradman is unable to react. Unless you've got super fast reaction speeds of Laxus getting out of the way of something that has that sort of speed, then again I don't think Laxus is going to be able to avoid getting hit.

4. So during the Battle of Fairy Tail arc, Laxus showed more attacking power than Natsu in the Tower of Heaven arc when he was in Dragon Force or Natsu using Dragon Force during the Oracion Seis arc? Laxus showed more attack power than Natsu using DF in Tartarus? Comparing these, its a definite no. While this current arc is debatable as we haven't seen Natsu (the strongest of the DF using Dragon Slayers) use Dragon Force, in any other arc, Laxus has not shown he can match the power that Natsu has exhibited in DF. Again, if you can show me proof of Laxus using a spell stronger than a simple punch which destroyed an entire part of the ToH late in the Natsu vs Jellal fight, then go ahead.

Second Generation haven't activated DF yet........ The DF's of certain dragon slayers take on the likeness of their dragon parents, it's that simple, all you can do is speculate on the matter. Wendy's DF most certainly looks different from Natsu's and Gajeels. The same is said about the other two.
The words about DF being equal to the power of Dragons is completely inconsistent because DF Wendy and previous DF Natsu's wouldn't stand a chance against dragons, so those words are completely inconsistent and don't make any sense. DF Gajeel has done nothing to prove that he is above Laxus, if he has the feats to back up the claim of being equal to dragons then he would have an argument.
Just to point something out about Dragon Force, its unlikely the second generation will ever achieve it as its only something that can be inherited from a Dragon, aka only the 1st and 3rd gen slayers are able to achieve it. This is backed up by something said in the Tartarus arc by Mard Geer, who says Natsu's Dragon Force is directly inherited from Igneel, which you can see here.

GaLeFTFL

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't this bad match-up? Gajeel's iron will receive every lightning move Laxus casts, just like in Battle of Fairy Tail arc. It seems iron in FT universe is weak against lightning. I choose Laxus.
Well Gajeel would be weak against any lighting attack he's IRON iron attracts lightning which is also why he got hit with Laxus's lightning instead of Natsu in of the battle of fairy tail

Stormsfury

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. Honestly, while Wahl does have decent attack power and I agree its past a few DF characters, I'd argue that at least Natsu would have greater attack power in DF than Wahl, and seeing as Gajeel is portrayed to generally be a bit behind him, Gajeel could possibly match the sort of strength etc. we've seen from Natsu in Dragon Force, but alas we haven't seen a lot of Gajeel's Dragon Force to really judge it as he took down Bradman, a Spriggan, with just a few punches.

2. Yeah, I didn't word that as well as I could've, I didn't mean for it to sound like Gajeel could use both at the same time. Now no, I definitely wouldn't say Laxus is, to quote, "many times faster than him." There is nothing that has been shown to suggest that, but I'd be glad to take a look at any material from the manga you can show me / point me to that does suggest it. Now, we've seen Gajeel get faster when he uses Iron Shadow Dragon Mode (See the Gajeel vs Rogue fight in the GMG and Gajeel vs Torafusa fight in Tartarus), and its pretty clear there that Gajeel moves a lot faster when in that mode. And then as we've seen from every Dragon Slayer thats used Dragon Force in the series, they get even faster when they use it. Look at Natsu, Sting, Rogue, heck even Wendy in Tartarus is an example of this. Their speed increases significantly, and Gajeel showed in Chapter 487 that he too moves a lot faster when he uses Dragon Force, so your argument of Laxus being, again to quote, "many times faster" than Gajeel is moot without any backing on your side.

3. Now, while I can't show you a lot of reaction feats from DF Gajeel as he only needed to use it until he defeated Bradman, what you can clearly see from Chapter 487 (CrunchyRoll translation) is Gajeel blitzing Bradman with punches. You can clearly see in the bottom right panel that Gajeel is blitzing him with punches, and Bradman is unable to react. Unless you've got super fast reaction speeds of Laxus getting out of the way of something that has that sort of speed, then again I don't think Laxus is going to be able to avoid getting hit.

4. So during the Battle of Fairy Tail arc, Laxus showed more attacking power than Natsu in the Tower of Heaven arc when he was in Dragon Force or Natsu using Dragon Force during the Oracion Seis arc? Laxus showed more attack power than Natsu using DF in Tartarus? Comparing these, its a definite no. While this current arc is debatable as we haven't seen Natsu (the strongest of the DF using Dragon Slayers) use Dragon Force, in any other arc, Laxus has not shown he can match the power that Natsu has exhibited in DF. Again, if you can show me proof of Laxus using a spell stronger than a simple punch which destroyed an entire part of the ToH late in the Natsu vs Jellal fight, then go ahead.

Just to point something out about Dragon Force, its unlikely the second generation will ever achieve it as its only something that can be inherited from a Dragon, aka only the 1st and 3rd gen slayers are able to achieve it. This is backed up by something said in the Tartarus arc by Mard Geer, who says Natsu's Dragon Force is directly inherited from Igneel, which you can see here.
1. Show me Bradman's good durability feats?...... I don't care that he's a Spriggan, as we've seen with so many of them, they're stats in each department vary, some have great durability while others have crappy durability, all I know for a fact is that Gajeel didn't manage to one-shot a Spriggan, while Laxus did, so I'm pretty sure Laxus' power is greater than Gajeel's.
2. I'm now going to provide the panels that I've already told you about.......

Bring me a Gajeel speed feat that shows after images of himself.........
That's my backing, where's your's, you can't just boil your entire argument down to "because he has DF" that is the basis for your whole argument.
3. Show me good reaction feats from the very underwhelming Bradman........ then I'll actually think Gajeel's feats are impressive, the fact that Base Gajeel nailed him to a tree without him reacting displays pretty piss poor reaction speeds.
4. Why on earth are you bringing up fighting festival Laxus? I'm talking about current Laxus, I know for a fact that current Laxus raised his hand and nearly casually took out Ajeel (as implied by August), an attack that was most certainly bigger than DF Natsu punches, I know that Laxus usually uses concentrated attacks that don't result in much destructive capacity, Natsu makes big explosions while Laxus keeps his attacks concentrated so I have no idea why your talking about this. If you can bring me feats that show that DF Gajeel is stronger than Laxus then be my guess but so far all of your arguments have boiled down to "because it's DF". All your doing is assuming without backing up your argument with facts.

Edit: Regarding 2nd generation DF, the only translation that says he inherited it from Igneel is MangaPanda, the official Crunchyroll translation only has Mard say "Dragon Force!" and then Natsu says he learnt the secret art that he's about to use from Igneel and then uses the secret art.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
1. Show me Bradman's good durability feats?...... I don't care that he's a Spriggan, as we've seen with so many of them, they're stats in each department vary, some have great durability while others have crappy durability, all I know for a fact is that Gajeel didn't manage to one-shot a Spriggan, while Laxus did, so I'm pretty sure Laxus' power is greater than Gajeel's.
2. I'm now going to provide the panels that I've already told you about.......

Bring me a Gajeel speed feat that shows after images of himself.........
That's my backing, where's your's, you can't just boil your entire argument down to "because he has DF" that is the basis for your whole argument.
3. Show me good reaction feats from the very underwhelming Bradman........ then I'll actually think Gajeel's feats are impressive, the fact that Base Gajeel nailed him to a tree without him reacting displays pretty piss poor reaction speeds.
4. Why on earth are you bringing up fighting festival Laxus? I'm talking about current Laxus, I know for a fact that current Laxus raised his hand and nearly casually took out Ajeel (as implied by August), an attack that was most certainly bigger than DF Natsu punches, I know that Laxus usually uses concentrated attacks that don't result in much destructive capacity, Natsu makes big explosions while Laxus keeps his attacks concentrated so I have no idea why your talking about this. If you can bring me feats that show that DF Gajeel is stronger than Laxus then be my guess but so far all of your arguments have boiled down to "because it's DF". All your doing is assuming without backing up your argument with facts.
Okay, so you've got a pretty good point with Bradman potentially not being very durable, even though he was only damaged by Dragon Force Gajeel's attacks. It is up in the air whether he has decent durability there, so the fight really hasn't shown a lot.
You've also got a point with Laxus taking those bullets out I guess, even though he had to take them out with his magic rather than avoiding them, so he's got Gajeel there too.
As for 4, well I'm bringing up the old Laxus and Natsu's because you claimed that, and I quote "throughout the entire series" Laxus has shown he's stronger Dragon Force characters like Natsu, which simply isn't the case. As I said earlier, we haven't seen the strongest DF user, Natsu, use Dragon Force yet so we have nothing to really compare to for Laxus this stage so while Current Laxus may have better feats than some Dragon Force using characters, back in previous arcs, he wasn't as strong as DF characters, which you claimed him to be. As for Ajeel, he was never shown to actually be taken out by the nuke, so without properly seeing that its only speculation that he would've been taken out, regardless if August used a barrier. It could simply be put down to an overreaction/over-estimation from August of what damage the attack would've done, so as I said, its just speculation and can't really be counted as being able to take him down.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, so you've got a pretty good point with Bradman potentially not being very durable, even though he was only damaged by Dragon Force Gajeel's attacks. It is up in the air whether he has decent durability there, so the fight really hasn't shown a lot.
You've also got a point with Laxus taking those bullets out I guess, even though he had to take them out with his magic rather than avoiding them, so he's got Gajeel there too.
As for 4, well I'm bringing up the old Laxus and Natsu's because you claimed that, and I quote "throughout the entire series" Laxus has shown he's stronger Dragon Force characters like Natsu, which simply isn't the case. As I said earlier, we haven't seen the strongest DF user, Natsu, use Dragon Force yet so we have nothing to really compare to for Laxus this stage so while Current Laxus may have better feats than some Dragon Force using characters, back in previous arcs, he wasn't as strong as DF characters, which you claimed him to be. As for Ajeel, he was never shown to actually be taken out by the nuke, so without properly seeing that its only speculation that he would've been taken out, regardless if August used a barrier. It could simply be put down to an overreaction/over-estimation from August of what damage the attack would've done, so as I said, its just speculation and can't really be counted as being able to take him down.
I'm talking about current Laxus....... I never said anything about previous Laxus, if you think so please provide the evidence and if said evidence is provided then I apologise, but this is a match featuring current Laxus so I have no idea why I would mention previous Laxus. Even previous Laxus has been shown to far surpass DF Sting, Rogue and Wendy. But not DF Natsu or at least not Tartarous DF Natsu.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus low difficulty. His feats drastically outclasses Gajeel's. Gajeel can't automatically go into his Iron black steel form so that is a none factor and even it was it still is a none factor in this battle. Also to attack he would have to come out his shadow form like Rogue did and Torafusa was able to punch Gajeel while he was in his ISD form also that is a none factor.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
as for Laxus potentially one shotting Ajeel. I don't think that it would one shot him but it would definitely heavily damage him and that was Laxus who was not even giving a shit about Ajeel.imagine Laxus in serious mode while casting that nuke.Ajeel would definitely be KO'ed.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Discussion for the Bo16 battle between Laxus Dreyar and Gajeel Redfox has now ended. Voting for this battle will remain open for another 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.