Laxus Dreyar Vs Kamina | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Laxus Dreyar Vs Kamina

Who wins?

• Laxus Dreyar

• Kamina

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakhan220

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
For whom he even was ready to lay down his life at TENROU , for honour at GMG , at TARTAROS & even in war itself..

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
For whom he even was ready to lay down his life at TENROU , for honour at GMG , at TARTAROS & even in war itself..
Kamina actually did lay down his life, and paid the ultimate price in order to bring forth the savior of them all. I don't see Laxus doing something so significant before FT ends..

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Kamina actually did lay down his life, and paid the ultimate price in order to bring forth the savior of them all. I don't see Laxus doing something so significant before FT ends..
Really , I take it as this.....Because LAXUS is strong enough to do & achieve whatever is better for his family & FT without loosing his life.......The proof of his stubbornness to live with his family so that he might not make them sad....A strong willpower to even defy death.....

Still does not change the fact he was & will always put his life on the line whenever needed & will not back down even if he were to die there.....He has already proved himself gain & again.......Doesn't just need to die so that u can prove so...But actually surviving , even defying & defeating death makes it more wonderful.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Really , I take it as this.....Because LAXUS is strong enough to do & achieve whatever is better for his family & FT without loosing his life.......The proof of his stubbornness to live with his family so that he might not make them sad....A strong willpower to even defy death.....

Still does not change the fact he was & will always put his life on the line whenever needed & will not back down even if he were to die there.....He has already proved himself gain & again.......Doesn't just need to die so that u can prove so...But actually surviving , even defying & defeating death makes it more wonderful.
You're dodging my statement lmao
It really doesn't matter if he's still alive, it's the fact that in the end, he'll likely be sidelined just like every other character other than Natsu and Erza...

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
A fairy tard? that is kinda harsh you know. :XD
Besides I did watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and I do know what Kamina did and what his personality was.
My comment about him dying was just for the lulz. LOL
I just chose the one that I liked the most between the two. :verily

P.S: If I miusnderstood your post, I'm sorry! :XD
It's so hard to determine a tone of a person through the internet. :D
Of course Laxus is the fairy tard here ;)

Voting for Laxus,haven't watched Gurren Lagann so i can't comment on Kamina.
My god you are making a huge waste of that vote :o I would at least look at who is Kamina first ^^

As @WithYouInSpirit said, Kamina is the type of guy who would give his life for his comrades (which he actually did). In fact he risked his life just to smack some courage boost into his best friend who he calls his little brother. Then just after defeating the enemy, he gives his last breath with a smile...

Laxus may have the advantadge of being popular (FT...), but Kamina iswritten better as a character. In Fairy tail terms, imagine a fusion of Laxus, Natsu and Loki...

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
You're dodging my statement lmao
It really doesn't matter if he's still alive, it's the fact that in the end, he'll likely be sidelined just like every other character other than Natsu and Erza...
No , I did not dodge ur statement.....I said U don't have to actually die to prove u r great or have done something.......U have to fight even death itself after that crisis to survive in order to not make ur loved ones sad...This is a greater feat which LAXUS achieved time & time again.

As a NATSU fan , I m happy ..But u have forgottebn LUCY...

Leaving that aside , LAXUS still has a part to play in the last fight...

Besides , we r talking about 2 diff characters here.....Not their positions in respective series.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Besides, Kamina does have a Waifu, who is one badass of a sexy chick ;)

Where is Laxus's ? Mirajane ? pff, last time I checked he couldn't even cope with the "rage of his sacred rod" in front of her....

Whereas Kamina hit that :

o_O

Think twice here before you do anything rash

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah I actually wonder why no one nominated Simon tbh. Either way, Kamina is all round a much better person. He has better values and morals than Laxus does

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
No , I did not dodge ur statement.....I said U don't have to actually die to prove u r great or have done something.......U have to fight even death itself after that crisis to survive in order to not make ur loved ones sad...This is a greater feat which LAXUS achieved time & time again.

As a NATSU fan , I m happy ..But u have forgottebn LUCY...

Leaving that aside , LAXUS still has a part to play in the last fight...

Besides , we r talking about 2 diff characters here.....Not their positions in respective series.
Actually Kamina proves he's a Badass since episode 1, and you just grow fond of him more and more as you get to know him better and deeper. Besides, you cannot compare the world of Gurren Lagann with the Fairy tail one...The first one is a harsh place where humans are at the bottom of the food chain, while fairy tail...well it's a Fairy tale through and through, there is no death and nobody will ever die, everybody will live happily ever after, that's a fact !!! (Even Laxus is just waiting to be healed by Brandish...).
If you put Laxus in Gurren Lagann, you would have him acknowledge Kamina as his leader and follow him while taking notes on how real men act.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Of course Laxus is the fairy tard here ;)

My god you are making a huge waste of that vote :o I would at least look at who is Kamina first ^^

As @WithYouInSpirit said, Kamina is the type of guy who would give his life for his comrades (which he actually did). In fact he risked his life just to smack some courage boost into his best friend who he calls his little brother. Then just after defeating the enemy, he gives his last breath with a smile...

Laxus may have the advantadge of being popular (FT...), but Kamina iswritten better as a character. In Fairy tail terms, imagine a fusion of Laxus, Natsu and Loki...
Well Laxus nearly laid down his life for Fairytail many times.He even took MPB(lethal poison) just to save others which nearly killed him but saved city people.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Oh look, slander everywhere. I even never did that to Kamina. Yare yare, what an inappropriate behavior :)

Okay, put what is unimportant aside, just like Waifu Wars, I will do some persuasion. I will go with Laxus' body first.

He is ripped

He has broad shoulders.

His booty ass

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Anyway I need to make this clear : If you have no idea who Kamina is then please read the following character breakdown of both contestants :

First Kamina : He is introduced as this cheerful dude who is brimming with self confidence. His primary goal was to get to the surface of the earth from underground. He believes firmly on his objective. But what makes him really stand out is how actually he believes in the main character and supports him (who in the begining was quite shy) and how he cares about him, while others just mock him. Then in the surface they bump into the enemy of humanity, which posess giant Mecha and use it to oppress people. The key to fight these enemies lies with the main character, so Kamina shows him the way of being a real man and always jumps head on against the foes. He makes sure to show him what courage means and tries to unlock his hidden potential. Overall Kamina will become the leader of the human forces and will even steal some Mechas from the enemy to rise against them. His main traits were those of a true leader, full of charisma and hope, always looking ahead. But of course he was not perfect. His main flaws was that he was too reckless and rash, also he even admitted that the main character is the one who really inspires him through his perseverance. His death scene was one of the most touching I've ever seen.

Laxus: He was first shown as this very strong and cool S-mage, much like one of fairy tail's best assets. He was quite full of himself at that time, looking down on others, and also teasing a bit his weaker team mates. However one could not hate him since this gave him a unique air of "antagonist cockiness" yet he was on the side of the "main characters", (IMO that gave him a very nice position within the story and propelled his charisma). However, after the incident of the fairy tail battle royal, he started going on the path of redemption, which not only killed his unique trait by make him become a generic strong FT member, but also made him fall a bit into the side lines. He transformed basically from "the leader who teases others for fun but still has morals " into just "this silent intimidating guy who we know is strong"...He became paler in some sense. That aside Laxus cares a lot about his comrades and would never hesitate to risk his life for them on many occasions, and is very dependable.

Now are these two really Husband material ? Yes both of them, cuz both of them have charisma and leader personalities. So it depend on the wife's choice: does she prefer her super cool Husband to be in addition quite cheerful and motivating (Kamina), or more silent and seemingly distant (Laxus).

It's up to you to decide...

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I vote Laxus ofc. just look at him. he looks manly :) his development is great. plus, he would easily give his life for his friends, especially the one during Tenrou and Tartaros arc.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Anyway I need to make this clear : If you have no idea who Kamina is then please read the following character breakdown of both contestants :

First Kamina : He is introduced as this cheerful dude who is brimming with self confidence. His primary goal was to get to the surface of the earth from underground. He believes firmly on his objective. But what makes him really stand out is how actually he believes in the main character and supports him (who in the begining was quite shy) and how he cares about him, while others just mock him. Then in the surface they bump into the enemy of humanity, which posess giant Mecha and use it to oppress people. The key to fight these enemies lies with the main character, so Kamina shows him the way of being a real man and always jumps head on against the foes. He makes sure to show him what courage means and tries to unlock his hidden potential. Overall Kamina will become the leader of the human forces and will even steal some Mechas from the enemy to rise against them. His main traits were those of a true leader, full of charisma and hope, always looking ahead. But of course he was not perfect. His main flaws was that he was too reckless and rash, also he even admitted that the main character is the one who really inspires him through his perseverance. His death scene was one of the most touching I've ever seen.

Laxus: He was first shown as this very strong and cool S-mage, much like one of fairy tail's best assets. He was quite full of himself at that time, looking down on others, and also teasing a bit his weaker team mates. However one could not hate him since this gave him a unique air of "antagonist cockiness" yet he was on the side of the "main characters", (IMO that gave him a very nice position within the story and propelled his charisma). However, after the incident of the fairy tail battle royal, he started going on the path of redemption, which not only killed his unique trait by make him become a generic strong FT member, but also made him fall a bit into the side lines. He transformed basically from "the leader who teases others for fun but still has morals " into just "this silent intimidating guy who we know is strong"...He became paler in some sense. That aside Laxus cares a lot about his comrades and would never hesitate to risk his life for them on many occasions, and is very dependable.

Now are these two really Husband material ? Yes both of them, cuz both of them have charisma and leader personalities. So it depend on the wife's choice: does she prefer her super cool Husband to be in addition quite cheerful and motivating (Kamina), or more silent and seemingly distant (Laxus).

It's up to you to decide...
Well said there friend. Very nice indeed

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Well said there friend. Very nice indeed
Thx :)

Me: Well it was fun (and salty) xD Thx guys for participating, however things don't look too good for Kamina...

Me : "Does it really matter at this point...Besides, nobody knows you in this forum, so they just take you for a punk."

Me: .... Yeah sure... but it also means you're losing... :)

Simon : Bro !!! It's all over !!!

Kamina: Simon !! You take over then !!

Me & Simon : Wha...??

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
You know there's always about twice as many voters than people who actually post in the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.