Learning Chinese | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Learning Chinese

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I recently just started after taking a year in undergraduate and now on the self-study side of things. how best to handle vocabulary to enrich my vocabulary as I'm still doing the basics, or just ignore it altogether and focus on pronunciation. Unsure how to incorporate vocabulary building into the usual routine at this point in time and others.

Makasa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So I recently just started after taking a year in undergraduate and now on the self-study side of things. how best to handle vocabulary to enrich my vocabulary as I'm still doing the basics, or just ignore it altogether and focus on pronunciation. Unsure how to incorporate vocabulary building into the usual routine at this point in time and others.
I had been learning Chinese for a year I think about 7 years ago. Now everything I remember is: Ni hao. Wo bu shi ZhongGuo zhen:-_- (hope I wrote it understandably!). I think the best way to enrich your vocabulary is to have Chinese in front of your eyes and ears as much as possible. I'd watch tv series with subtitles, read news, posts in the web. Follow some popular Chinese bloggers to see and hear their speech! This will make sure you learn every-day language with different idioms.