Least Favorite Arc / Storyline | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Least Favorite Arc / Storyline

What's Your Least Favourite Arc / Storyline?

• Fishman Island

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Dressrosa

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Davy Back Fight (Foxy)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Skypiea

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Thriller Bark

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Welcome to the Voting Phase for the
Least Favourite Arc / Storyline

This thread is for voting for this specific category only. For discussion regarding other categories, please visit their respective category threads. For general information and discussion of the Awards, kindly visit the One Piece Awards 2016 - Info and Discussion Thread.

Voting Info - "How to Vote"
Once the nomination phase is over and the polls are made, the voting phase begins. Please bear in mind that once you have voted, the count will be final. Therefore, please do think carefully before casting your votes. You may like to discuss ideas and opinion with other participants before voting. Think and choose wisely will be the key.

Voting round spans from 4th December to 10th December 2016.

We look forward to your votes.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for participating!

:^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
My nominations

Fishman Island - Nothing really good here. It's my least favourite arc for sure. Shirahoshi is like the only thing I felt good about (and Sanji too lol)

Dressrosa - had some really good moments but too long.

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fisherman Island - Nice theme and some fun new characters as always, but poor villains and it felt more like a warm up for the SH's (which i guess they needed).
Foxy arc - Very funny and short so it did not deter from the flow of the series, but is not remembered by half the fans lol, and does very little to move the plot other than introduce Aokiji.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I approve the nomination of Fishman Island Arc

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
The worst arc is D.Flamingo arc.

BigBadDogg

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Fishman Island
Skypeia (most of it seemed to go slow until later on in it)
Thriller Bark (certain parts was good, taming cerberus for example, Zoro taking Luffy damage, but also had a few bad parts Perona & Absalom waste of DF's)

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate:

Dressrosa - I have nightmares that it never ended and it's still going.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Fishman Island
Reasons: This arc had been hyped as much as Wano, almost to the point where it had become a legend (even though we knew we'd see it one day). I absolutely loved the idea of this island being underwater, and the entrance to the New World nonetheless. Seemed so fitting, and the first spread we got of the island was friggin' beautiful!

But did we get to really see it? Hardly. The obligatory "Adventure on Fishman Island" has never felt so misleading.

People were hyped as hell to see what the Straw Hats could do post time-skip. Did we? Hardly. All the fights were basically "here's Usopp doing something we've never seen him do before, for one panel, alright now cut to the next one for two panels. Talk about a mess when it comes to focus. And that's why the arc is so damn immemorable (is that a word?). During the fights, we hardly get a single complete scene. And here I was, thinking Marineford was a mess.

And of course, the villains are both the ugliest designed and least compelling in the entire series. The racism theme is done too bluntly and clumsily to the point where I hardly cared (and I think it's one of the most important topics in the world at the moment). The villains are forgettable and there was never a threat in the entire arc, meaning no suspense. Some think it was fitting that the Fishman were no match because it showcased the Straw Hats' new strength. I say that could have been done in other ways, better ways.

Lastly, the pacing has never been so poor in the series. Both in the present-day and the persistent cutting to dragged-out flashbacks.. I actually dropped the Manga for a few weeks at a time during this arc, so I could read it in chunks, but that did little to help.

I know many agree with me, and maybe this post was redundant, but I felt I had to rant a bit. We're encouraged to give a reasoning behind our nominations, after all. :tem

Last edited:

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Fishman Island
Reasons: This arc had been hyped as much as Wano, almost to the point where it had become a legend (even though we knew we'd see it one day). I absolutely loved the idea of this island being underwater, and the entrance to the New World nonetheless. Seemed so fitting, and the first spread we got of the island was friggin' beautiful!

But did we get to really see it? Hardly. The obligatory "Adventure on Fishman Island" has never felt so misleading.

People were hyped as hell to see what the Straw Hats could do post time-skip. Did we? Hardly. All the fights were basically "here's Usopp doing something we've never seen him do before, for one panel, alright now cut to the next one for two panels. Talk about a mess when it comes to focus. And that's why the arc is so damn immemorable (is that a word?). During the fights, we hardly get a single complete scene. And here I was, thinking Marineford was a mess.

And of course, the villains are both the ugliest designed and least compelling in the entire series. The racism theme is done too bluntly and clumsily to the point where I hardly cared (and I think it's one of the most important topics in the world at the moment). The villains are forgettable and there was never a threat in the entire arc, meaning no suspense. Some think it was fitting that the Fishman were no match because it showcased the Straw Hats' new strength. I say that could have been done in other ways, better ways.

Lastly, the pacing has never been so poor in the series. Both in the present-day and the persistent cutting to dragged-out flashbacks.. I actually dropped the Manga for a few weeks at a time during this arc, so I could read it in chunks, but that did little to help.

I know many agree with me, and maybe this post was redundant, but I felt I had to rant a bit. We're encouraged to give a reasoning behind our nominations, after all. :tem
I agree with you there dude. Fishman Island arc, although i don't remember much from it (i only read the manga a while ago and i'm currently watching the anime and am not at this arc quite yet), at least i remember that i didn't really like it. I expected... Better.

Why are you writing in white color though? xD

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Fishman Island
I entered here ready to write whole texts about why it was bad, but @Organizized stole my fun
Foxy Arc
Pretty forgatabble really.
Dressrosa
While I love Doflamingo and most of the SH fleet, this arc for me had THE worst pacing. period. Also screw rebbeca and the tontathings

Norland

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
same here. I also support for Fishman Island arc and Dressrosa arc.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Fishman Island definitely.

I understand that it was needed to build up some things here and there, but eh, the whole Hody Jones thing was unnecessary, if it had been just Vanderdecken as a villain it would've been shorter/better I think.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Despite Davy Back Fight has one of my favorite battles, it only helped to know two things: Admiral Aokiji and the pirate game DBF. Got my vote.