Least Favourite Battle | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Least Favourite Battle

What's Your Least Favourite Battle?

• Luffy vs Wapol

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Luffy vs Doflamingo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luffy vs Hody Jones

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Straw Hats vs New Fishman Pirates

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Straw Hats vs Oars/Moria

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Nami vs Kalifa

• Franky vs Señor Pink

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Sanji vs Wanze

• Luffy vs Foxy

• Luffy vs Ceasar Clown

• Luffy vs Bellamy (at Dressrosa)

• Zoro vs Kaku

• Sanji vs Jabra

• Luffy vs Rob Lucci

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Welcome to the Voting Phase for the
Least Favourite Battle

This thread is for voting for this specific category only. For discussion regarding other categories, please visit their respective category threads. For general information and discussion of the Awards, kindly visit the One Piece Awards 2016 - Info and Discussion Thread.

Voting Info - "How to Vote"
Once the nomination phase is over and the polls are made, the voting phase begins. Please bear in mind that once you have voted, the count will be final. Therefore, please do think carefully before casting your votes. You may like to discuss ideas and opinion with other participants before voting. Think and choose wisely will be the key.

Voting round spans from 4th December to 10th December 2016.

We look forward to your votes.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for participating!

:^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well unlike the blasphemous man (@Emperor Spriggan) above me, :teehee i will go with :
Luffy vs Wapol like @Takuan since i also hate Wapol, but the fight was decent.
Luffy vs Hody Jones as Hody Jones is pretty krusty, and even though the fight was once again decent, Luffy smacked him around almost the whole time.
Hard to find "Bad" OP fights tbh, they are all either decent or quite good for me at least.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Agree with Luffy vs. Doflamingo.

Adding Straw Hats vs. Oars/Moria. Such a let-down. The most repetitive and dragged-out fight EVER which I guess I could have overseen if it had a good climax. But no, shadows ex machina, and Luffy becomes (dun dun dun): NIGHTMARE LUFFY! Oh well, at least now maybe we're gonna see Moria actually do something and redeem himself for becoming biggest let-down of an initially cool-seeming villain. Yeah, let's see what he can do! Oh, he relies on his Devil Fruit and takes all the shadows, making himself a big punching bag. A-n-t-i-c-l-i-m-a-x. Haven't read that part in a while, so maybe my mind is exaggerating things, but then again there must be a reason I haven't wanted to read it again. Please feel free to argue with me, if you think I'm wrong, though.

Also adding Nami vs. Kalifa.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Agree with Luffy vs. Doflamingo.

Adding Straw Hats vs. Oars/Moria. Such a let-down. The most repetitive and dragged-out fight EVER which I guess I could have overseen if it had a good climax. But no, shadows ex machina, and Luffy becomes (dun dun dun): NIGHTMARE LUFFY! Oh well, at least now maybe we're gonna see Moria actually do something and redeem himself for becoming biggest let-down of an initially cool-seeming villain. Yeah, let's see what he can do! Oh, he relies on his Devil Fruit and takes all the shadows, making himself a big punching bag. A-n-t-i-c-l-i-m-a-x. Haven't read that part in a while, so maybe my mind is exaggerating things, but then again there must be a reason I haven't wanted to read it again. Please feel free to argue with me, if you think I'm wrong, though.

Also adding Nami vs. Kalifa.
I agree on so many levels...
The fight against Moria was one of my least favourite. Thank you for reminding me, since i had completely forgotten.
... Actually i dont know if that's good to be reminded that :pjsalt
I support this nomination :verily

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Actually, changing my nomination from Luffy vs. Doflamingo. Just reread it and it was nowhere near as bad as Luffy vs. Hody. Or indeed if it's allowed, Straw Hats vs. New Fishman Pirates. What a stinker.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Luffy vs Doflamingo
while I loved G4 desing, the pacing even in the manga and the exagerated (for me at least) tankiness of doffy was 2 much. We did not need that 10 minute haki thing, felt like filler.

If it is valid, I agree with Strawhats vs New Fishmen Pirates.
It was clear from the begging that NFP were NOT at the level of SHs, thus making their fights feel like a waste of potential, since we all wanted to see how powerfull post-timeskip SH were, even more so after the hype of them destroying the pacistas

Lufy vs Foxy
So forgetable

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Luffy vs Foxy; I was skimming those volumes a little while ago and besides a few moments, most of that arc felt like a filler to me. I really did not like Foxy.

Norland

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
actually for me, One Piece strong point is not in battle, but the story. So, it's okay if some fights not really good.

SHP vs New Fishman Pirates. I really like new move from SHP, but the battles are most waste one.

Luffy vs CC. it's boring fight for me.

Luffy vs Bellamy (at Dressrosa). not interesting battle.

Last edited:

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
1) Roronoa Zoro Vs Kaku:
2) Vinsmoke Sanji Vs Jabura:
3) Monkey D. Luffy Vs Rob Lucci:

The three of them because just one reason, the quantity of techniques used and how it took like 20 chapters to end 5 fights. Tedious at a new level.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm torn between 3 choices:

1) Luffy VS Wapol. I just disliked the battle, the character (Wapol), his suboordinates...
2) Luffy VS Doflamingo. While i don't remember much fromthe battle (aside from 4th gear), i remember one thing: it was FREAKING LONG. I usually enjoy battles, even mediocre ones, but at some point i just wanted this fight to end already.
3) Strawhat Pirates VS Oars/Moria. Also very long. Moria's fight was also disappointing, and that's an understatement. Just read @Organizized 's post above.

I think i got convinced by Organizized, and thus i'll vote for the third choice: SHP VS Oars/Moria.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm gonna go with Luffy/Hody Jones because when everything was said and done it just felt like a tremendous waste of time. Even if Luffy didn't do anything, Hody would've just turned into an old, ragged dude as well.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
I vote Zoro Vs Kaku, it's the one with the more techniques i've seen in a manga.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy versus Bellamy.

Made an already long arc, longer. I don't give a crap about Bellamy, get to the Doffy fight already!

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
Voted for SANJI vs NON-SENSE.....Don't care enough to remember his name.:hmph