Voting Round 2 - Least Favourite Moment | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Least Favourite Moment

Least Favourite Moment

• Flampe insulting Katakuri / interfering with the fight

• Sanji beating up Luffy

• Zoro vs Yeti Cool Brothers

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

One Piece: Best of a Decade
Entering a new decade by celebrating the last 10 years of this amazing series!

Least Favourite Moment
As this event is celebrating 10 years of the series, please note this spans from the first official chapter of the decade; ch569, released in 5th Jan 2009 and the decade ends with ch966, officially released 23rd Dec 2019.

Also worth noting that only manga material are relevant to this event when it comes to nominating. However for referencing/ promotional purposes feel free to use anime pictures.

As we've lost our regular sources for reading the series, our main source for this event in terms of material will be Mangasee.

General Nomination RulesIf you want to change your nominations, please quote your original nomination post and clearly state which nominations you want to change along with your new nominations.
  • You are allowed up to three (3) nominations.​
  • Please clearly state the entry you are nominating as well as any further specifics (e.g. characters, chapters, arcs) if required.​
  • Please bold all your nominations.​
  • Supporting a nomination does count as nominating!
  • The six entries with the most nominations per entry will proceed to the next round.
  • If there will be more than 6 in this pool, the staff will break the ties that might occur.

Flampe insulting Katakuri / interfering in the fight – 6
Usopp running away from Sugar/Trebol – 3
Sanji beating up Luffy – 3
Kyros vs Diamante – 1
Sanji Nosebleed gag – 1
Zoro vs Yeti Cool Brothers – 1
Caribou kidnapping/swallowing the mermaids – 1
Perospero surviving Pedro’s explosion – 1
Doflamingo killing his father - 1

Nomination Round will last 4 days and ends on 2nd Jan.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kyros vs Diamante
Sanji Nosebleed Gag

ThatOtherGuy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Not a fan of Flampe butting into Katakuri's fight.

Zoro vs Yeti Cool Btothers. Could have just had Zoro find an excuse for a nap or get lost.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Usopp running away from Sugar/Trebol, smh.
Sanji beating up Luffy, smh.
Flampe insulting Katakuri, smh.

SMH
Oh those ! i had a hard time narrowing this cat. As much as i love Op theres a lot of those moments, and totally forgot about it but one of those that give me the most bitter taste was Flampe insulting Katakakuri.

So supporting both Flampe insulting Katakuri + Usopp running ( i really want Oda to give more credits to Usopp and to stop ridiculing him)

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Caribou kidnapping/swallowing the mermaids. Ugh; another slimey bastard.

I support Flampe insulting Katakuri. She's lucky she's not my sister; I'd pop that balloon belly :hmph.

Perospero surviving Pedro's explosion. Especially as the latter died. I was really annoyed by this.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Definitely supporting Flampe butting in and insulting the goat
and supporting Usopp running away from Sugar and Trebol

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'll goes here with the same approach I decided on with the "Least Favorite" character-category. Since this is an event to celebrate a decade of One Piece, I'll go with moments that I disliked reading. Moments that might have even disgusted me. But moments, that I don't think are badly written. Quite the opposite, moments that I think were actually really good writing. Moment that add something significant to the story or plot. Moment of great tension or drama.

Sanji beating up Luffy
Damn this was painful to read. Sanji wanted nothing more that his nakama living happily ever after without needing to get mixed up in power politics of Big Mom and Germa 66. He wanted it so bad, that he went so far in character that he actually but most his physical power against Luffy. But Luffy didn't yield. he saw all thorough Sanjis bullshit. 5/5 drama.

Flampe insulting Katakuri
I consider this as the culmination of her detestable involvement into the Luffy fight. Which adds an extra layer to the greatness of that fight. This also kinda culminates the whole interesting family drama, that is the Big Mom pirates. While on surface they are a caring family, in reality they are (mostly) really superficial and care only for their own gain. It's not genuine appreciation of another being and his/her freedom to be him/herself. However, this scene is also what wakes the genuine sibling hood of the family, that manifests in the character of Katakuri and Brulee. 5/5 plot device.

Doflamingo killing his father
I can feel where Doflamingo was coming from. He was prideful, greedy and unemphatic like his Tenryubito genes and upbringing environment made him to be. And he was a small child. His father took everything from him, and from Doflamingos point of view, for nothing. Homings last words were hard to read. He did really betray both of his sons, but in different ways. All for his (arguably naive) personal views. 5/5 drama and character building device.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

One Piece: Best of a Decade
Entering a new decade by celebrating the last 10 years of this amazing series!

Voting Round 1

Voting Round 1
  • You can vote for three (3) nominees
  • You are allowed to change your vote
  • This round will last for 3 days (ends on 6th Jan)
  • Top 6 votes move forward to the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff member will cast the deciding vote.