Politics - Lebanon Issue | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Politics Lebanon Issue

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sure by now, all of you should have known about this issue. Hezbollah captured a few Israelies soldiers and boom, war started. People died and no one actually gains anything from it. The Lebanese have done nothing wrong to offend Israel. It is Hezbollah. Just because Hezbollah hide themselves in Lebanon, I still don't think that it is a good enough reason for Israel to wage war against Hezbollah in Lebanon. Well, they have ceased fire for some time now and I thought that it is finally over until this : http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2320458,00.html

Does Israel break their pledge to cease fire? What do you think about this issue? Are you on Lebanon's side or Israel's side? What is UN's responisibilies in this issue? What else can UN contribute except from remaining stagnant and sending a few thousands armies as peacekeepers? When will it stop and what consequences will this whole drama bring to the world? Thoughts? Share them here.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I do feel bad for Lebanon. But in a way this is the world's fault, because Hezbollah is a cancer that needs to be gotten rid of and Israel and Lebanon had no help. Any group that encourages (in fact, even started) the whole idea of "suicide bombers" with women and children and so on - they need to be put away.

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I agree. It might have started as men blowing themselves up to kill the enemy, but right now it's mostly against civilians and innocent people who had nothing to do with the way. It's way too dumb for someone to suicide in order to kill innocent people; one of the only things I won't understand. (and I heard that in Islam you aren't allowed to kill innocent people, which make them even dumber)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
They're just using religion as something to hide behind. Simple as that. They are more concerned about getting what they want.

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Gold Knight said:
They're just using religion as something to hide behind. Simple as that. They are more concerned about getting what they want.
It's tough to solve problems that involve such a high sensitivity like religion. Perhaps if the UN, Israel and Arabic countries can find a solution that's not touching the religion issue, then we will see some progress. I don't see any quick way out of this mess yet.

Eileen said:
Does Israel break their pledge to cease fire? What do you think about this issue? Are you on Lebanon's side or Israel's side?
Cease fire in this volatile time and place, would only be like a temporary rest before they start sshooting at each other again. I'm not on anybody's side... I just want to see all of these nonsense stop. When we talk about urban warfare on a large scale as this one, the casualties will be brought onto the civillians..

ruby_06

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Egypt
I dont believe lebanon is wrong since part of lebanon which was invaded by israel since 1982 and the war was brought to closure and the united nation decided that Shebaa Farms was not part of lebanon.since then thee has always been fights and war between the two countries and what lebanon did by capturing a few Israelies soldiers was done before but this time israel exaggerated and many people were the victims espcially children and i have few pictures to show what israel done to those children and i can email them to anyone since they are alot

ThE WoRm

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
What? Nani? What? Oo

Some quick facts. For a long time, Israel has left Lebanon, and all Israel wanted is peace in the border. From that time, Hizballah started bombing their bombs into the north of the country. One day they kidnapped two and killed two, and their timing was crucial, as we were pressuring Palastine to give us back Shavit, that no one really knows which of the Palastinian terror group took. Israel invaded and tried to pressure Hizballah to give the two back, Hizballah was already prepared and put all of their bases in crucial places, their armory was attached to a hospital in some town, just so you understand what I mean. Trying to destroy all of the armory and to take Hizballah down of their weapons, israel announced and bombed the armories, people died in the way because they didn't listen to the warnings, in some part, Israel understood that Lebanon needs to work against Hizballah too, so they pressured lebanon too. Many mistakes were done in this war, but it's not like we started it or something, and just so you know, Hizballah kidnapped the soldiers from one of our blind spots, meaning more critical Oo (And a mistake of us, Israel, too)

ruby_06

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Egypt
well i didnt say all lebanon is now invaded by israel, i said only Shebaa Farms and i think talking about it without restriction can cause offeneses to many people not that i will offense anyone :noworry i am not tht kind of person since everyone has a completely different opinion and their will be contradictions!!!! :p

Remus

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gold Knight said:
You are quite right Gold Knight but not every men blowing himself up is an extremist. Thats where you need to differentiate. I dont know if you guys here have many muslim friends but if you do talk to them. You will see that their religion doesnt differ a lot from the christian or simply just read the Qoran. Those people are more or less defenceless. The War emitted because Israel over and over attacked the weak palastinian. What do you think can peasants do in order to defend themselves against tanks ? Im not saying that blowing yourself is good or blowing yourself in the name of god is even better because thats not standing in the Qoran, those who use that are extremists but if you are fighting barehandly against a tank you take what you got to take it down and they blow themself up. I dont want to go more into detail because if you like it or not it comes always back at the US government and not only the current government so I stop here before GK bans me ^^. I know its hard to face the truth when once country is doing shit because I live in one country with one hell of shitty past.

Zaloof

Reaction score
i think that people dont know much about history and present of Lebanon, so ill try to enlighten

first-when the civil war broke in Lebanon, Israel invaded Lebanon and took the south to join Israel

second-Hezbollah was a commando group soldiers who stopped the civil war, and kicked the Israelis out from the south and freed Lebanon, their goal is to free Shibaa farms that was part of of Lebanon, but taken by Israel

third-Hezballah commando soldiers consist of Christians also not only Muslims, it was a revolutionary group who wanted to unite and free Lebanon, not spread Islam

forth-Hezbollah isnt a bastard group as al-Qaida, they were well trained commando soldiers who were discribed in CNN that on of their commando worth ten soldiers, they dont bomb themselves or hide behind religion.
they may bombed Israel using missiles and kidnapped soldiers, but that was just the straw that broke the camels back