Webtoon - Legend of the Northern Blade | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Webtoon Legend of the Northern Blade

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Brutal.

Will she lose her bodyguard to decapitation and her grandfather to poison in the same chapter.

Cruel world.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Brutal.

Will she lose her bodyguard to decapitation and her grandfather to poison in the same chapter.

Cruel world.
I highly doubt first time they show a 9 sky .. practically the leader of 9 skies be defeated just now

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I highly doubt first time they show a 9 sky .. practically the leader of 9 skies be defeated just now

The 9 skies killed Mu Won's father.

As he was becoming a hero and a threat to them.

While Jubei's opium smoker might have super powers, I don't think the rest of the 9 skies are that strong.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Unfortunate. :sad

Maybe he can be revived?
If that would be possible then idk if this was a good story point. It will kill future tensions (pun intended)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I hope the fight ends soon and some time to breathe and explore is available because I m actually getting bored with fight after fight

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another one. They just keep coming.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Was the boat escape route a trap.

Happy 4 . 20 . 2022

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Was the boat escape route a
I hope not. There is a limit to crazy attrition that good guys can handle.
Though this kind of barrage of sequential enemies shows why his father, despite being immensely powerful, chose to end it rather than duke it out.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Wasn't the boat guy.

The same one with Mu Won and the kid?

He can't be in two places at the same time?

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I hope not. There is a limit to crazy attrition that good guys can handle.
Though this kind of barrage of sequential enemies shows why his father, despite being immensely powerful, chose to end it rather than duke it out.
MC's father is so good with his job that Silent Night can't even enter and those guys from the central murim alliance feels that their control of the masses is waning because there's no more enemies to beat even the minister said that they needed the Silent Night as an enemy that's why they made the MC's father a traitor to remove the gate so that the Silent Night can enter now they can just announce that Silent Night is coming and those guys will be the heroes.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
MC's father is so good with his job that Silent Night can't even enter and those guys from the central murim alliance feels that their control of the masses is waning because there's no more enemies to beat even the minister said that they needed the Silent Night as an enemy that's why they made the MC's father a traitor to remove the gate so that the Silent Night can enter now they can just announce that Silent Night is coming and those guys will be the heroes.
Yes but my point is the fact that there is never ending barrage against mu won, it shows the dad didn't have much choice with mu won as liability back then

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, some good lore. Confirmed the previous hints.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I was spoiled a bit about this previously so not that big a reveal for me. Good thing that MC probably realized by now that he alone at this state isn't enough so he shouldn't have shaken the hornets nest.
Hopefully a training arc will start. I m annoyed with mindless action

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I hope he complete his training now he cancelled his training in the mountain because his uncle didn't return for delivery and was kidnapped.

There's still a lot of things i want to see while he's training like how can he copy skills? i don't want the author to make that copying skills an ass pull of skill for pure plot armor.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Could MC join up with the Silent Night, both sharing the same enemy.

I feel like something is missing but not certain what.

The pacing and power leveling seem off somehow.

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Season 1 ends, few months worth break now. It's well deserved but the hiatus will hurt now that I seldom check ToG and Lee Gwak is also off. I only have memoirs of king of war.. any suggestions btw?

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Season 1 ends, few months worth break now. It's well deserved but the hiatus will hurt now that I seldom check ToG and Lee Gwak is also off. I only have memoirs of king of war.. any suggestions btw?
Hmmm.

Peerless Dad is the shit. It's ongoing. Funny, colored, good fight scenes and character development, has good 'heart,' pretty much everything you could ask for. Same guy that did Red Storm (finished, black and white, but pretty good!). A++ all around, IMO. I wish more here read PD to talk about it lol

Return of the Mad Demon is the funniest shit ever to me. A+ hidden gem humor-wise, art is B tier otherwise.

Dai Dark is pretty unique, dry and dark comedy. B+ hidden gem

I Am Not The Evil God's Lackey has pretty terrible art. BUT, the misunderstandings inherent in the interactions with the MC (which is the whole shtick of the series) is pretty entertaining. It's ongoing and colored, not that you'll be reading it for anything but the story, although the illustrator does like to draw 'em thicc. C+ overall but I have to say it's also somehow worth it. Though it can get old quickly. Maybe skip. IDK.

Sword Sheath's Child has some unique world-building and characters, and great colored artwork. A++ art A+ story and characters, but still A- overall. How does that work? Don't ask.

History of the Three States is ongoing with great artwork, always colored. Maybe a bland story but me likey. B+ hidden gem

Murim Login is worth following, colored, funny regularly, with an interesting enough take on a tired genre. B+ worth reading if you're on the shitter

Volcanic Age just restarted not long ago after a long hiatus. Ongoing, colored, interesting characters, and you have 200 chapters to read if you haven't. It has a thread already.

The Undefeatable Swordsman isn't terrible. B- hack and slash

Return of the Mount Hua Sect is pretty good, funny. A- worth reading

You like slightly unique art, so maybe Fist Demon of Mount Hua, ongoing, colored. B-

Randos worth reading as well: Chronicles of the Heavenly Demon, Storm Inn, Journey to the West, Nano Machine, Record of the War God, and a few more but the tier quality falls off quickly and something here should be worth your time!