Seinen - Legendary Moonlight Sculptor | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Title: Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
Associated title(s): 달빛 조각사; Dalbic Jogaksa; Royal Road; Weed
Genre: Seinen, Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Sci-fi
Author(s): Lee Do-gyeong; Nam Heesung
Artist(s): GrimzaStory; Kim Tae-Hyung
Publisher: Kako; serialized in Page.Kakao
Start Date and End: 2015; ongoing
Chapters read at the time of review: 13
Additional Notes:
Nam Heesung has written The Legendary Moonligh Sculptor novel and another novel called the Dawn Traveler.

Grimza is also known as GrimzaStory or Shadow Story. This is a circle of artists that exerts effort into coverting novels into visual comics. Their official website is www.grimzastory.com. So far, GrimzaStory is 24 members strong.

Kim Tae-Hyung is a member of GrimzaStory. He has illustrated Planet Blood in addition to The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. His facebook profile could be found at www.facebook.com/taekgarvinkim.

Short Summary:
No one cares for the poor. Being subjected to poverty daily, the severity of life hits hardest for them. Perhaps the only thing that can change their destiny is through hard work. For Lee-Hyun, he's reached an age where he could work which means he could no longer play the MMO game Royal Road. Since he got a job at a cafe, he'll sell his account pondering how much he'll get. When Lee-Hyun places his character up for auction, he creates a bigger wave than what he could ever imagine. Buzz generates over his character Weed who is maxed level, maxed stats and the greatest character on Royal Road. Lee-Hyun hopes to gain 300,000 but instead net in 3 billion 90 million won (equivalent to USD $2.7 million). Happiness does not last long as loan sharks comes to collect on interest on a loan Lee-Hyun's father took out. They take 3 billion leaving Lee-Hyun with only 90 million won. With that 90 million won, Lee-Hyun decides to repay the loan shark through his own method of vengeance. Investing 10 miilion won into a VR gaming machine, Lee-Hyun sets out to make another legendary character. Once in game. Lee-Hyun's character Weed embarks on a rare chain-mission following a rumor trail about a legendary sculptor who sculpted the moon and was loved by Queen Evane.

Art
The manwha is drawn in color.

Characters:
Lee-Hyun
A boy living in poverty. He sold his Royal Road character for 3.9 billion won. But once he made all that money, his father's loan sharks came to collect on interest. At the end of this confrontation, Lee Hyun promised to make double of what he made. The head loan shark smirked and promised to call Lee Hyun older brother if Lee Hyun does.

Impression:
The manwha goes between reality and virtual reality. I sense that the story will weave together what takes place between both worlds into one story. But, the plot so far involves Lee Hyun's character progression inside the game. I think that once the plot deepens, we'll see more of the integration between reality and within the game. Yet, there's something that I predict. If Lee Hyun's character is still in the game Royal Road, will Lee Hyun eventually face off against his original character? I think that this might help increase the worth of Lee Hyun's new character that shares the same name. But, time will tell.

Recommendation:
I recommend it for those that like adventure stories and those that likes weaving in and out of virtual reality.

TBA

Last edited: