Let Dai by Won Sooyeon (Manhwa, v15) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Let Dai by Won Sooyeon (Manhwa, v15)

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Welcome to the Let Dai Discussion Thread!

Title: Let Dai (Let 다이)
Authored by: Won Sooyeon
Original Publisher: Seoul Munhwasa
Genre: Korean Boys Love, Mature, Drama, Psychological, Tragedy, Romance
Japanese Release: 15 Volumes in 1995-2005 (complete)
Edited Manga: complete
Age Ranking: Older Teenager (16+)
Smut Level: light
Content Warning: Rape, suicide, bloody violence and sadistic relationships

Summary (from NetComics):
Set in a soulless neo-Seoul ruled by young punks and pleasure seekers, an amoral teenager named Dai is the living embodiment of the city's beauty and cruelty.

As the leader of the vicious Furies gang, Dai seduces everyone who lays eyes on him, only to blind them to his own barbaric nature. When an honest schoolboy named Jaehee rescues a beautiful girl from being mugged by the Furies, he can't possibly realize how this brief encounter will plunge him into a downward spiral of unbridled passion and unfathomable pain.

From his brutal gang initiation to an unspeakable act committed against his girlfriend, Jaehee wavers uncomfortably between revulsion and fascination. And in Dai he finds a tender, caring friend one moment and a heartless sociopath the next, awakening strange and unhealthy desires in Jaehee that he could never before have imagined.

Sample pages:

Eni's Mini-Review: While not everyone will like the twists and violent parts of this Manhwa, I still recommend it highly to every Boys Love fan with a fable for dramatic stories with comedy elements. The mood of this story changes constantly from deep tragic up to happy-fluffy romance and vice versa. It tries to draw a realistic picture of a group of teenagers and their (heavy) problems in life - friends and enemies, win and losses, happiness and tears. The Characters are deep and complex, it's a very plot-driven series with only mild but beautiful Boys Love content. Give it a try <3

Last edited by a moderator:

sylvira

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ugh, this series. Let Dai is beautiful and rough and emotionally exhausting. It's pretty much the only Boys love series I've ever read that reduced me to tears. You grow to love these messed up characters and their mistakes and I think this one will always be my all-time favorite shouen-ai title.

Hikikomori

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Kawai!!!!!

Arigato!!!!!