Discussion - Lets talk Capture Levels | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Lets talk Capture Levels

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I am a fan of Toriko, and with the series ending, I thought it would be sad if this section were to die down so fast (all things die someday), so I thought to myself "Hey, whats a topic that always generate discussion?", and ofc the aswer was: POWER LEVELS!

So what I want to do here is to discuss the Capture Levels that we dind´t come to know trought the series, like Full-Power Bambina, Demons, the 4HK, Jirou, etc...and maybe even the capture levels of some being from other works...kinda like the Godzilla theard we had back then.

B
UT FIRST, I also want to talk about how capture levels are decided, based on what we have seen in the series. Sure, withouth a confirmation or databook, this is all speculation, but I think it will help further discussion here.

So, I have come to understand that a being can gain capture points based on 3 points:

Physical:
This atribute rates the capabilities of physical power, resistance to attacks and endurance. This can apply to non sentinent beings like plants and rocks. Think of that acorn that broke Komatsu´s knife and started the Melk arc, that thing is hard! Combat prowess also enters here, an example of that would be the Panda thing from Gourmet Cassino arc jumping back to avoid Toriko´s Kugi Punch.

Special ability:
These are skills that can be activated by the beings in question, and are powerfull enough to be of note by the manga. The most obvious examples would be the Guiness Search, the Extra-Dimensional Laser, etc, but things like the capability of that Frog Strawberry guy from the start of BBcorn arc can also count. It has to be consciously used by the being, and can overlap with Physical in some cases, like with Mother Snake FTL attacks.

Special Condition:
This one measures the dificult of doing something to the being in order to capture it (and normally, include favor), things like catching the puffer fish whale withouth it poison sac being broken, or the whole dance of the Salamander Sphynx. Enviromental problems also go into this, like the Shining Gourami. This category not always has points, since I am pretty sure strong beings would be difficult to capture even normally.

So, for some examples of this:

Monkey King Bambina:

Physical: 6000

Total level: 6000

Full power monkey Bambina

Total level: 6300
Physical: 6000
Special Ability (Buffing up):300

The explanation for those ratings is that Bambina base form did not show any special skills outside of basic combat, and that his buffed up form is certainly stronger + the fact that his power was said to eclipse Heracles (who sits at 6200), gaining 300 capture level seems ok

Guiness:

Total level: 6550
Physical: 5550( I don´t think hes FTL like mother Snake)
Special Ability:1000

For this one, I think that Guiness could be a little weaker physically than Bambina, since we saw bambina attacks reach Space, while even if Multi Continent Level, we have not seen the same of Guiness (not saying he couldn´t, but lets bear in mind that all 8 kings are supossed to be able to battle each other, which is why they keep the balance the of GW). I gave 1000 for Special Ability because aside from learning a lot (which is a HUGE tatical advantage), losing counsiness, even if by some seconds in front of a member of the eight kings is pretty much a death sentence

Jirou Full Power:

Total level: 7500
Physical: 4500
Special ability: 3000

Wow wow. You just said that Guiness is continental level, yet Jirou who can punch the world and stop it is only 4500???
Well, there are 2 motives for that. First, Jirou has a lot of techinique. Anyone that has done any martial arts knows that with techinique you can achive things that with brute force alone would take you either more time or be flat out impossible to do. Second is, as I have said, that Special Ability and Physical can overlap (and of course, all 3 points are part of the same being, same capture level), and I think that giving 3000 points is fair for a guy that can stop time, even if for a short amout of time. Ah, and further confirming my point that techinique is important, do you guys REALLY think Teppei is as strong, physically, as Jirou? Since he was able to also do the Grand Knocking. Heck, Normal Form jirou was able to do that.
I did thought of giving him a capture level around 10.000 maybe, but because Acacia (Post God and Center, No neo) was stated by Toriko to be around capture level 8000, and since Acacia said that he teached Jirou those techiniques (meaning he knows them himself) + is probally really strong + has eaten all his full course only sits at the mentioned range, I think that 7500 is a fair estimate for Jirou

So guys, what do you think of this system I have created? It is just a form for us , fans of the series, to have something to talk about for a while now that the series is over, and I created this system mostly to facilitate the discussion. Also bear in mind that matchups exist and one thing that has been shown a lot in Toriko is that capture levels are not THE deciding factor in a match.
But be free to disagree or give sugestions if you want! Just here to have fun !

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil