Discussion - Liar Game: The Final Stage | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Liar Game: The Final Stage

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was originally a comment I found on AsianDramaWiki. Thanks to xxevergreedx for the info!

AHH! Yes I cannot wait for the show!! But then here's the full teaser:
http://tieba.baidu.com/%CB%C9%CC%EF%...c37423610275a/

And in the Japan Liar Game: The Final Stage website they did describe the game rules in raw japanese, but here's what my brother translated for me.. :P

The game is called the garden of Eden, and basically it goes around the story of Adam and Eve in the garden, with the apple.
In the game, there are three different types of apples. The red, golden and silver ones. With the red being the fruit of truth, and the other 2 being the forbidden fruit. After every hour, there will be a round of voting, and this voting goes on for a total of 13 rounds.

If at the end of the game, a player was voted all red apples for all of the 13 rounds, the players who voted her the red apples would each get +100mil yen into their accts.

However, if a player got voted a minority of red apples and a majority of gold and silver apples, players who voted her the red apples would each get -100mil yen into their acct, and that would turn into their total debt. Players who voted her gold and silver apples however, would each get +100mil yen into their acct.

In an event that a player was voted 12 red apples and 1 golden/silver apple, players who voted her the red apples would each get a -100mil yen deducted, and the one player who voted her the golden/silver apple would have an additional of +200mil yen into his acct.

In another scenario, a player could be voted only one red apple, and the other 12 apples are golden and silver apples. In this case, the player who voted her the red apple would have a debt of -1000mil yen in his acct, while those who voted her the golden and silver apple would get an additional +100mil yen into his acct.

If a player got voted all golden and silver apples with no red apples at all, the players who voted the minority colored apple would gain and +100mil yen, while the players who voted the majority colored apple would be -100mil yen in debt.

In the last possible scenario, a player would be voted all golden/silver apples. In this scenario, all players who voted would have a -100mil yen debt in their acct.

After you know this, you can better understand through the illustrations here: http://liargame.jp/about.html. (:

Someone on the Net said this too:
"The theme of the final round of the Liar Game Tournament is “believe in each other’s hearts”. Players are told that if they trust each other fully and cooperate they can all win. However, the mysterious “Player X” lurks among them and threatens to undermine their chance to win. With 5 billion yen on the line, who will be the winner of the LGT? And what exactly is the purpose behind it?"

I think if they do believe in each other and voted everyone a red apple, they will all have 100mil yen x 13 at the end of the game, its a good ending for everyone! But in the trailer there is a player X, and I think that this person is trying to get everyone to vote golden/silver apples instead. In the trailer I saw Kanzaki Nao said "I am X!" and then Akiyama came up and said "The person controlling this game is not X, its me!" I guess, he's trying to protect her? D

Specifically, Akiyama said "ore-sama" is controlling the game. It's a very conceited way to say "I". He's almost literally calling himself "the great me".

It seems this is a play on Round 2 in the manga, as it copies X and the voting, and somewhat of the minority rule. There is an obvious development upon the Akiyama/Nao relationship, simply from the few English words in the trailer, as well as the overall theme: Garden of Eden (Adam and Eve), Love or Money?, crying, slapping, Nao's words to Akiyama regarding (once again) trust and doubt, and the recurring plot of betrayal. However, it's changed a bit to make it more emotional and focused on Nao, I guess.
I so can’t wait to watch this movie!!

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

KenKao

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines