News - Licensing Announcements. | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

News Licensing Announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Princess Knight and another Usamaru manga

I've decided I like Vertical quite a lot.

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Divinenega

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Both on amazon and simon and schuster you can find 3-in-1 bundles of Naruto, Bleach, FMA, and Kekkashi.
Bleach Example
http://www.amazon.com/Bleach-3---1-...r_1_87?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296588721&sr=1-87
and
http://books.simonandschuster.com/B...)-Vol-1/Tite-Kubo/bleach-3-IN-1/9781421539928
Nothing reported from Viz but something to think about.
This has been mentioned on the ANN forums for a while, so it's not exactly news. I'll probably only be getting the Kekkaishi bundles though.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Meh. They're probably like the OP 3-In-1's, widebans with poor print quality and no extras. I doubt they will be VIZbig at that price, or as nice as the new editions of Death Note.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
VIZBig editions of Kekkaishi would be orgasmic though :drool

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
They added the cover to the Bleach bundle and it's so much better than the One Piece chop up covers. Kekkaishi is the only thing I'm interested in and the price is such a great deal.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
From New York Comic Con:

Yen PressAlice in the Country of Hearts was previously published in the U.S. by Tokyopop. Yen Press will reprint all six volumes in three omnibus editions.

Seven Seas
---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Kodansha USA
Shinegki no Kyojin will be released under the name Attack on Titan. Genshiken and Kitchen Princess are both reissues formerly published by Del Ray. Both will be released in 3-in-1 omnibus editions.

Last edited:

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
My future money belongs to Kodansha. I'll be all over Attack on Titan and Genshiken omnibus editions. I hope they will print Genshiken Nidaime too.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I need to find the full list of series but Kodansha has been licensing some very good series from themselves. Mardock Scramble and Animal World are already available, Gon reissues have started coming out too. If they would reissue Blame I might actually respect a publisher again.

Vertical is also owned by Kodansha now and have been putting out some great series even before the take over.

---------- Post added October 15, 2011 at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was October 14, 2011 at 08:28 PM ----------

Vertical
---------- Post added October 16, 2011 at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2011 at 01:08 AM ----------

VIZLoveless is another Tokyopop title. VIZ is taking over the license and plans to release volume 9 in June 2012.

TXC

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I've been wondering about this for a while. Last week I ordered Real (first 3 volumes) online, it said ''Signature series'' now yesterday when looking at the new uncut edition of tenjo tenge i've seen the same thing... this ''signature'' manga have something special? what is the diference for the others viz releases (like SJ, SJA, media or sunday)?

Jaymie

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You answered your own question. It's just a label that Viz puts on their series, like SJ/SB/SS. Signature manga do have a larger trim size though.

TXC

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Thanks. :)

Great seeing Shingeki no Kyojin licensed... Would prefer some sports manga (Ahiru no Sora or ookiku) but it wouldn't sell.

Some licensing that I want: Sket dance and beelze... from sj and kaminomi form wss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.