Discussion - LINE Webtoon Announcements | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion LINE Webtoon Announcements

strixflash

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Re: LINE Webtoon Announcement

Actually Naver said that PC version would be out in few months. They released only mobile version as 65% of koreans read webtoon on their phone and so they assumed same for global fans. There is an app available for Google Play Store in case you are interested.

Yeah...namings are somewhat turnoff.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Actually Naver said that PC version would be out in few months. They released only mobile version as 65% of koreans read webtoon on their phone and so they assumed same for global fans. There is an app available for Google Play Store in case you are interested.
Nah, I don't have a tablet and would prefer not to read comics on a phone unless I have absolutely no other choice.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Though I might play around with android emulators for a bit just to see how that is.

Last edited:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

For the size issue on PC's, I put my browser in window mode and sized the window to a more reasonable size. It works a little better.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Am I the only one that uses the mobile version?

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Is this what Line promised when they said they would launch computer version of their website before the end of this year? Or is this website made by some fans? If it's the former than it's disappointing :(

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Am I the only one that uses the mobile version?
I use mobile version as well.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

My mistake... the computer website is run by fans ^^

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the app due to the notifications when theres a new chapter (and at least last week, when it added a NEW series), seeing other peoples comments on it, and just smooth interface and loading.

Only concern is content based about the behindness of my favorite series, Flow, and The Gamer. Though rereading it from the start is helping jog my memory (in Flows case) of key plot points and character names. Plus I was already struggling to stay on top of it weekly before hand.

Webtoons

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this what Line promised when they said they would launch computer version of their website before the end of this year? Or is this website made by some fans? If it's the former than it's disappointing :(

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

I use mobile version as well.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

My mistake... the computer website is run by fans ^^
Webtoons Reader just had a huge update, hopefully you will not be disappointed with how it is!
Check it out now at https://www.webtoonsreader.com

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

tiranor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Wow, it's way slicker and faster than before

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
DEEP is one of my favorite that they just started in the app.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems like LINE webtoon has been branching out a good bit lately with non-korean comics.

The only one that's really caught me so far is Newman, which is really good, but I'm pretty interested to see what else works it's way onto the site.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
LINE Weebtoon started new webtoons this week and two caught my attention.

Hooky
"Dani and Dorian have missed the bus of the school of magic. Now, they must find someone who teach them how to be a great and good witches... Or maybe not.​"

I found the drawing adorable and I took a look, it seems promising, it appears to be a refreshing fantasy webtoon.

Where Tangents Meet
"As Landon and Rachelle venture into falling in love with one another, they hit ruptures in the road. The more they learn about each other, the more they discover about themselves in the midst of encountering jealousy, scandals, accidents, and misunderstandings. Despite the losses and hurt they face together, they reconcile and create an unbreakable bond that guides them not only into a stronger relationship, but also to self-acceptance."

Okay, the synopsis is generic, but I only read it now while writting this post. What makes me read it was the drawing, very good in my opinion, and what made continue was the story that seems promising, the first had some questions that I want to see how will be developed. It seems a promising romance.

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Space Boy

This one is really good. Sci-fi elements are good... Some things are generic but the author is really creative. It's worth a read... At least try first ten chapters.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just saw this.

No mention of Tower of God or Noblesse at all. I guess it confirms that they will definitely be adapted. Or does the wording mean that only a few series can be adapted? I am not sure what to understand by Webtoon's own catalog. Anyway, it would be really weird if the first animated manhwa was not one of the most popular.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't know what that means either. It's another positive sign certainly. The more they are making inroads into animation the better.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Just saw this.

No mention of Tower of God or Noblesse at all. I guess it confirms that there will definitely be adapted. Or does the wording mean that only a few series can be adapted? I am not sure what to understand by Webtoon's own catalog. Anyway, it would be really weird if the first animated manhwa was not one of the most popular.
Yeah good news this is,we are going to get some anime at least.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So, Crunchy set up their own production studio and may get a few series to work on, eh? I wouldn't count on them getting Tower of God or Nobless for their first work. If they do a good job with a lesser title, then it'll be time to pull out a big name.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
So, Crunchy set up their own production studio and may get a few series to work on, eh? I wouldn't count on them getting Tower of God or Nobless for their first work. If they do a good job with a lesser title, then it'll be time to pull out a big name.
But Tower of God and Noblesse was reported to be having an anime adaptation soon,and now we are hearing CR setting up,these 2 can't be coincidences.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That would also be my assumption too. Mainly because there was that earlier announcement relating to a ToG and Noblesse anime being already in the works with a Japanese studio. So this seems like something different to me.

Not to get Demon's hopes up, but honestly my first thought was Hardcore Leveling Warrior.