LoneLobo's Hunter X Hunter Review: Chapter 321 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

LoneLobo's Hunter X Hunter Review: Chapter 321

LoneLobo

Reviewer
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A LoneLobo Review

Hi guys! University started again, but I actually have not much to do right now. Sometimes life is great. ;) Anyway, more free time means: more time to do a review. Welcome to a LoneLobo Review!

Chapter 321: Strange Beast

Again, the chapter begins with no cover page at all. Togashi sure wastes no space these past chapters. We pick up shortly after where we left of last week, after one (invalid) voting. Parison suggests two additional rules: 1. Beans should check for invalid votes before, therefore eliminating possible invalid votes before they are actually counted as votes. 2. Whoever does not vote or votes invalid should've had their license temporarily removed. Oh boy. Rule 2 is only possible because Ging suggested the name writing thing on the paper. Thanks Ging, thanks. Anyway, it is pointed out that rule 1 should be enough and that rule 2 is not neccesary. Parison agrees, much like Ging made the last rule to be removed so that the others would accept the others more easily. We learn: Parison is similar to Ging when it comes to manipulating others. Parison insults Kanzai, who is against these additional rules. And suddenly we get the results of the second vote! Let's compare the votes of the second round with the first ones.

Pariston wins 2 votes and gets 251 instead of 249, resulting in 37,9%.
Cheadle loses four votes and has now 42 votes, Ickshonpay wins two votes and has now 28.
Botobai gains ten votes and Mizaistom gains seven votes. Both now have 27 and 24 votes.

The rest does not change much, BUT Ging is not visible in the 2nd vote! He could be hidden in the "and XX others", meaning that he dropped at least to place 20. Ginta, Piyon and Kurruku does not appear as well. Oh, and there were three invalid votes less this time. A comparison between only two rounds cannot say much right now, only that Ging lost a lot of voters and that the winners of this second round are Pariston, Botobai and Minzaistom. Depending on how many rounds we will get to see I will start doing a chart in Excel. =P
And something else... last week I said that there are 580 Hunters in total. I was so wrong and I'm very sorry. As it was pointed out there are actually 661 Hunters. I have to correct my numbers from last time as well. If we consider 100 years, 6,61 Hunters finish the exam. If we take that further, every year 6 Hunters go MIA. So, the number actually stays the same right now.

The numbers of absentees is also quiet interesting. Absent means that you didn't vote in the first place. But maybe it also means that you were not permitted to vote. If you need the Hunter license to vote, but you sold or lost it... you cannot vote. If enough people sold their license or lost them, reaching 95% can become impossible.
Back to the chapter: Kanzai wants to attack Parison but is stopped by Mrs. Snake, Mr. Cow, that fat guy and Monkey, who uses a rod. Interesting connection to the tale of the Monkey King here. Parison talks more and more and finally is able to twist the meaning around so that Mr. Cow agrees. Additionally Parison states that the number of voters will not decrease, even when a Hunter loses his license. This is in line with what I said earlier. Another possibility is, that the Hunters who sold or lost their license are not even considered in the number of 661. Cheadle is apparently the only one who can hold her line against Parison. But even she wants Ging to be there. She describes him as an uncontrollable beast. So, he is the monster of the title?

We then jump right to another place everyone wanted to see: the mountain where the Zoldyks life. But not inside the mansion, but to the gatekeeper Zebulo. Fun fact No.1: Killua opened the door up to gate number five. For those of you who forget everything like me: the first pair of doors weights four tons (each side two tons). That doubles with each door. Back then Killua was able to open the third door, totaling in 16 tons. Door five then means... 64 tons. Oh boy, that is badass. However, it also shows that Killua is now way stronger than he was before. Fun fact No.2: the phone weights 20 kilos. Lol.
Finally inside the mansion inside Silva's room. And man, it looks like last time, but with way more detail. Just look at all the stuff laying around and the faces in the ceiling. Killua wants to see Aluka, the other younger brother. Am I the only one who sees the connection between Aluka and Alucard or Dracula? Remember, if it comes true you read it here first. =P
Nonetheless, Silva thinks that Aluka is a thing and not family. It is darkness. Just look at him: he/it looks totally nuts. Like that guy from Soul Eater. Oh, and look at that smileys. Togashi pulls a "Ace" on us. Maybe Aluka is the monster of the title?

Killua then says only he can save Aluka, however he will do that. BUT he bites his finger and shows Silva blood. Either he wants to feed Aluka/Alucard with OR he means that blood oath he did with Silva to never betray his friend. I think it is the later one. Aluka seems to be a Nen-Remover, and a badass one as well. Maybe he can suck the Nen out of Gon? Who knows, we will see next week! Hopefully.

Conclusion and Predictions

Very, very nice chapter. Lots of talking about the voting and mind games. Unfortunately, no Ging. Ging, we miss you already ;_;
Predictions again: The election will continue and we will meet Aluka. That's all.

Those other series

This is a new category where I will take a small look at the other big shounen series.
Bleach: Funny chapter. Although Tsukushimas rambling was a bit annoying.
Naruto: So, Madara is not Madara? And the original Madara was perfected and able to activate the Rinnegan? And then he summons a huge... rock? Things that make your head spin!
One Piece: Fun to learn about Brooks devils fruit and that Robin has a new move/ability. Oh, and Hody is a total nutcase without any reason. Great!

LoneLobo

Credits: All chapter 321 pictures taken from mangastream.com.

Netero

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

ameya730

Reaction score
Country
India

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

hunted

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bhutan

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland