Hangout - Luffy and the Emperors | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Luffy and the Emperors

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love how all the yonkou represent one aspect of Luffy just taken up to 11:

Whitebeard: the found family being the most important thing and defending it at all costs
Blackbeard: the exact opposite in almost every way, fated D. rival to be Pirate King
Shanks: altruism and good nature (that we've seen so far), also partying (see below)
Big Mom: hunger and strict food-and-hospitality-based gratitude, however twisted
Kaidou: battlebattlebattlebattlebattlebattlebattlebattleFIGHTFIGHTFIGHT!!

Roger: (yeah I know not an emperor, still) is most like Luffy at his core- just a sheer drive toward adventure and discovery. Also I find it interesting that Luffy inherented his partying skills from Shanks who inherited his from Roger. That ability to throw a party is more important than the Strawhat itself, and I stand by the prediction that the mystery dream that Roger and Luffy share is to throw the biggest party ever with the whole world.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't know about that being their mystery dream but what you said about the Yonkou representing different aspects of Luffy each is actually both true and interesting.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know about that being their mystery dream but what you said about the Yonkou representing different aspects of Luffy each is actually both true and interesting.
In the Sabo flashback, Luffy mentioned having a dream but it was cut off before he could finish. Later on, Rayleigh said that Luffy said the same exact thing as Roger about his dream. In the Roger flashback, the same thing happens that happened in the Luffy flashback. Before Roger says what his dream is, it suddenly cuts away to the next scene.