Semifinal - Made in Abyss vs. Death Note | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Made in Abyss vs. Death Note

Who wins?

• Made in Abyss

• Death Note

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Made in Abyss
Akihito Tsukushi
-
Death Note
Tsugumi Ohba
Takeshi Obata

Rules- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it
Special Rules- We proudly encourage you to share the best pics of your Manga!
- Earn the possibility to win a badge by being the proudest Mangalover around!

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with what I liked more.

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania

The Death Note
A Death Note is a supernatural object related to Shinigamis(Gods of Death). It is used by those Gods so they can sustain their own lives(We will talk about this later on). What you might not know about this book is that it can take any form. It can be a notebook like it can be a journal, a Bible or a manga. It is up to the real owner of the book, in other word the Shinigami, to decide which form to give to their Death Note. Also, it is made from an unknown material and has an infinite amount of pages but once its cover is destroyed, the non human object cannot be used anymore. Now that I've given some facts that you might not have known, let's talk about rules.

The Death Note has over 100 rules. It explains how the Death Note works. It tells you about the name/cause of death/time of death, ownership of the book, alterations, Shinigami rules and etc... The most known rule being The human whose name is written in this note shall die. Instead of going over all of them, I've decided to pick 10 of the most interesting ones from the Death Note and share them here. I also wanted to show how complex and unique the Death Note can be. Side Note, some of those rules have not been applied in the manga but they are still canon. So without further ado, let's see those rules, shall we?
  1. If a Death Note owner* accidentally misspells a person's name four times, that person will be free from being killed by the Death Note. However, if the Death Note owner intentionally misspells the name four times, the owner will die.
'Well, that's a relief:cookiearf'-Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemubwem Ossas

*This note shall become the property of the human world, once it touches the ground of (arrives in) the human world.(rule explaining the owner part in the previous rule)

2. If you write "dies from disease" and specify which disease and the time of death, there must be a sufficient amount of time for the disease to progress. If the set time is too tight, the victim will die of a heart attack six minutes and 40 seconds after the entry in the Death Note.

What it means is that if the time given for a disease is scientifically impossible, you will die from a heart attack. For example, you cannot ask for tetanus to spread and kill the person within 5 seconds
If you don’t write a specific disease, the person will die from a random disease. If you don’t write the time of death, the person will die when the disease has progressed enough.

3. Once the victim's name, cause of death, and conditions of death have been written down in the Death Note, the death will take place even if that Death Note, or the part of the note used, is destroyed before the stated time of death.

*The time and conditions of death can be changed, but once the victim's name has been written, the individual's death can never be avoided. (So just writing the name down and destroying the book would also kill you)

'Time to start the assignment. Alright, gonna write my name down then we'll... wait, is this the right book? ah sh*t.'

4. A god of death can extend their own life by putting a name on their own note, but humans cannot.

That's the main purpose of the Death Note. Shinigamis sustain their own lives by using the Death Note.
Basically, when a Shinigami kills a human that isn’t supposed to die yet, the God of Death gains the remaining years of that person. For example, a Shinigami that kills a 49 year old woman that was fated to die at 90 year old would gain those 41 years left that were meant for the woman. It’s basically stealing years. That’s why Shinigami don’t normally die from aging.

5. The Shinigami realm has laws that govern it. If a Shinigami should break a law, there are nine levels of punishment, which the severity starting at Level Eight and going up to Level One, plus an Extreme Level. At severity levels above three, the Shinigami will be punished and killed. Killing a human without using the Death Note merits punishment at the Extreme Level.

I really found this rule interesting because it shows how much symbolism you can find in the manga. This rule is a quick reminder of the 9 levels of Purgatory wrote by a famous Italian poet named Dante.

6. The Death Note will not affect those less than 780 days old.
Do not worry, even though Death Note is kind of a dark manga. You won't see kids dying.
That's about 2.14 years btw.

7. You cannot kill humans who are more than 124 years of age with the Death Note.

8. The names you see with the eye power of a god of death are the names needed to kill that person. You will be able to see their names even if they aren't listed in a family register.

For those that don't know what the eye power of a god of death is, It's basically the ability to see the lifespan as well as the name of the people you are watching. It is very relevant for the humans that possess a Death Note since you can get the information needed to kill a person very quickly. In return, by having the eye of the Shinigami, you will lose half of your remaining lifespan.
And for those that wondered how could someone without an official name die...

9. By manipulating the death of a human that has influence over another human's life, that human's original life span can sometimes be lengthened. If a god of death intentionally does the above manipulation to effectively lengthen a human's life span, the god of death will die, but even if a human does the same, the human will not die.
Quick reminder to that event at the beginning of the manga.

10. A god of death cannot be killed even if stabbed in his heart with a knife or shot in the head with a gun. However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the god of death.

I wonder if giving a poisoned apple to Ryuk would work :hmm

If you are curious and want to know more about the rules, I'll put the first 24 pages of rules down here in a spoiler tag. It might take A LOT of space. If you want to read all of the pages(there are 66 pages), feel free to click here

I'll post more later. Thank you for supporting Death Note :super

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah Death Note has a charm,sorry niichan I am sad but it's one of my favourites.Hope you will forgive me.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
No worries Arjuna, everyone is free to vote for whatever he/she wants :nod I only get salty when syx doesn't vote for my MiA :hee

Don't have the time yet to write a campaign post, so I will share some pics that tell a little story on their own :')

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voting for Death Note.

Why? Because I feel it's my moral imperative not to reward bad parenting.

Also because, now that all my favorites are eliminated, Death Note winning would become my righteous vengeance upon the world.

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
silent vote

Status
Not open for further replies.