Anime - Madhouse fillers? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Madhouse fillers?

Would you like fillers if there is no manga updates?

• Total voters

cipher

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Or maybe if Madhouse didn't rush/skip shit we wouldn't have this problem. I don't understand how that makes any sense... you adapt a manga that goes on hiatus for months, even years, and you're going to make it a fast paced anime... LOL!
That's one of the things I hated the most among other things done by madhouse, I feel like the super fast paced way they're running through Hunter x Hunter is damaging the overall quality of Hunter x Hunter

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
It doesn't really feel that fast paced though. I mean yeah, there was one or two episodes in G.I. that rushed things, but other than that the pace has been fine. The best pacing was in Heaven's Arena in my opinion, so it would be cool to see the rest of the anime follow that pace.

Riruru

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
GingKuriksu said:
Or maybe if Madhouse didn't rush/skip shit we wouldn't have this problem. I don't understand how that makes any sense... you adapt a manga that goes on hiatus for months, even years, and you're going to make it a fast paced anime... LOL!
That's one of the things I hated the most among other things done by madhouse, I feel like the super fast paced way they're running through Hunter x Hunter is damaging the overall quality of Hunter x Hunter
The only real extremes of that were episode 48 and 62.

To be frank, even if Madhouse did adapt 2 chapters/episode and slowed down their pacing, that wouldn't make up for the hiatus' Togashi's been and will continue to be on. The anime would still end at some point. Just a few months later. Yeah it sucks, but slower pacing has limited effect on keeping the show from ending.

Last edited:

cipher

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well I mainly don't like it because it's pretty detrimental to the build-up of suspense, there's no sense of tension or anything apart from a few instances, I for one really love feeling that tension so the 2011 version comes off as a bit disappointing, of course that's a personal opinion and I'm not trying to start another 1999 vs 2011 flame war.

Cinnabar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I don't know... I think the pacing is pretty good overall. There were still a lot of heart-stopping moments in the anime, like the scene where Gon and Killua were tailing the Spiders and got caught. I kinda like the fast pace. It brings a different kind of tension.

Heaven's Arena was definitely the best adaptation of all the HxH arcs thus far for me. Everything there was just perfect.

I don't want filler arcs but... I'd still be interested if MH decides to do something like a spinoff series.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't want any fillers. For the most part, I feel like they do more good than harm. I wouldn't mind the manga stopping (at chapter 339 or something), and then Madhouse doing an OVA special side story about some of the other characters, with Togashi's consultation or something.

Other than a couple episodes I haven't felt the pacing was too fast. They're likely aware of Togashi's hiatuses, but it could be due to other reasons they're cutting things out... budgeting? Maybe they have to complete GI arc in a set number of episodes to keep up with the anime season? Maybe they only have so much they can spend on this arc? Other than 62, I don't feel like they've been going too fast, actually, and although the ant arc is long, I hope they go back to doing 2-3 chapters per episode or something after GI is over.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Has there ever been an occasion that a Mangaka gave scripts or ideas to the continuation of a series or tell the staff how to finish an arc before it was published in manga form?

I recall one such case which is Gash bell and I think that maybe if Togashi has the arc planned out he might give Madhouse his story to animate before it's drawn and then you have a real continuation after the election arc.

cipher

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Has there ever been an occasion that a Mangaka gave scripts or ideas to the continuation of a series or tell the staff how to finish an arc before it was published in manga form?

I recall one such case which is Gash bell and I think that maybe if Togashi has the arc planned out he might give Madhouse his story to animate before it's drawn and then you have a real continuation after the election arc.
I somehow doubt he'll end up doing that, Togashi seems like the kind of artists that changes his mind a lot when working on things (such as the scrapped work that ended up as the HxH movie), that and Madhouse would end up getting too far ahead of him, which might end up as another gantz anime ending, and the HxH fanbase probably doesn't want that.

Last edited:

ssjup81

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Togashi didn't stop Nippon from adding filler to their adaptation. Of course, we all know how that serie's anime-only content turned out. :-_- Foxbears started using nen, Killua started having angst, and most of the less objectable padding was rather forgetable, such as Gon meeting Leorio before boarding the ship to the Hunter Exam. While Madhouse seems to have a better grasp of the souce material, I still would want Togashi to give them feedback with any filler.
I agree and disagree with this. Foxbears or whatever they were called having nen powers was silly, but Gon meeting Leorio before boarding, I thought was a nice addition and more interesting than the manga. I also like how it foreshadowed Kurapika too, when it showed him reacting to a spider and killing it. I've always liked that in stories in a general sense. I also liked the added in stuff with Anita. I also enjoyed the addition of Killua resisting the urge to kill. IMO, Killua has a good reason to occasionally be "emo". Seems anything extra involving character interactions didn't bother me...only if plot points were completely changed or completely ignores canon.

That aside, your filler ideas are pretty cool.

QUOTE]

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I honestly can't believe how anyone likes Anita and Emo Killua stuff.

Mostly when it's completely incoherent with his character and that becomes awfully evident in Chimera arc.

Netero

Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly can't believe how anyone likes Anita and Emo Killua stuff.

Mostly when it's completely incoherent with his character and that becomes awfully evident in Chimera arc.
Not to mention that filler ruined!! Netero's awesome game :nerve

ssjup81

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did say, in my opinion. I liked the addition of Anita because it was nice to see someone affected by the actions of Killua and his family. It humanized it a bit for me, which is why I personally enjoyed the addition. As for emo Killua, I didn't really find him to be all that emo to begin with. Moody at times or down in the 1999 anime at times (like all of our main characters), but not completly "emo". Besides, seems that was dropped really fast, unless my memory is failing me, or either it was so underplayed that it didn't leave a big impression on me. He has issues trying to resist his natural instinct to kill. This is something that I wish the manga would've touched up on, because it was interesting to me and would've added even more depth to Killua's already, in my opinion, deep character, given his upbringing... I liked the idea of his trying to fight the urge to kill if he could help it.

I also found that more interesting than Netero's game...then again, I was never a big fan of Netero to begin with, so maybe it's bias on my part. :-P

Riruru

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What about an AU (alternate universe) spinoff series? I know I put One Piece out there a lot, but they had a few episodes dedicated to stuff like Oyabun Luffy. I wouldn't mind something like that after HxH 2011 ends just for the laughs. Then the writers wouldn't have to worry about things like mucking up the storyline. They wouldn't have to contact Togashi all the time either.

I did say, in my opinion. I liked the addition of Anita because it was nice to see someone affected by the actions of Killua and his family. It humanized it a bit for me, which is why I personally enjoyed the addition. As for emo Killua, I didn't really find him to be all that emo to begin with. Moody at times or down in the 1999 anime at times (like all of our main characters), but not completly "emo". Besides, seems that was dropped really fast, unless my memory is failing me, or either it was so underplayed that it didn't leave a big impression on me. He has issues trying to resist his natural instinct to kill. This is something that I wish the manga would've touched up on, because it was interesting to me and would've added even more depth to Killua's already, in my opinion, deep character, given his upbringing... I liked the idea of his trying to fight the urge to kill if he could help it.

I also found that more interesting than Netero's game...then again, I was never a big fan of Netero to begin with, so maybe it's bias on my part. :-P
That would've been interesting...if he actually had one. Personally I find that he can move past the killing whenever he wants an even more scary and complex quirk of his character. Rather than just adding, I see it more as shoving aside one of his canon traits for a typical and less imaginative one. That's the reason Emo Killua pisses readers off more than most people think.

Yuyunarutoballz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last time we got MADHOUSE writing a story by themselves (that i remember) we got Claymore's ending. No gracias. When they do add-ons that's fine, but stories completely made up by them? ehhhhh

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
How long has it been since Togashi started this most recent hiatus?
Less than a year. He began his last hiatus mid-March, 2012.

When they eventually catch up with the anime (which will probably be next year) Madhouse should just pause the anime for a year or two or when Togashi's close to finishing the series, and then continue and finish the anime. I don't really want any filler arcs...
That is actually the most likely scenario, even more likely than filler. They are better off ending this anime with the Ants, then continuing every year or two with one or two cour anime, or movies (depending on the arc). That is commonplace enough nowadays, and basically how they are doing the Magi anime.

Last edited:

DraMas26

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Albania
Less than a year. He began his last hiatus mid-March, 2012.
We all know by Togashi's logic wiriting 2 chapters for the Kurapika one shot counts as coming back from hiatus :XD Thus Togashi has only been on hiatus for about 3 months :hip

shareme

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
As others have mentioned, I think MH will stop on ch339 (if they get that far). But if HxH 2011 proved to be popular and the higher ups wanted it to continue, fillers galore OR make a deal with Togashi to just continue HxH via anime. Either way, it all boils down to what the executives wanted to do with it. Those who have the money have the say after all.

We all know by Togashi's logic wiriting 2 chapters for the Kurapika one shot counts as coming back from hiatus :XD Thus Togashi has only been on hiatus for about 3 months :hip
No doubt. So he's still have 9 more months to play DQX :P

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
the only filler ive seen so far are the two recap episodes
some people consider recap episodes filler and some dont, to me i just watch them anyway

zzigg

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
we have seen that mad house started with fillers already in the c.a
ging liked by animals

HybridBloodsZak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh we'll see as the arc progresses but I don't think they're trying to slow the pace down completely. On episode 52 they had "filler" for half of the episode because Silva/Zeno vs Chrollo couldn't be 30 minutes without dragging. I think this is the case again, they're doing the things they are for pacing purposes so the scenes can play out naturally in an anime format that couldn't be achieved had they just copy/pasted manga panels. Madhouse has my faith in knowing how to adapt a story into a different medium. The audience needs time to get to know Kite before shit really hits the fan and the impact of events to come to hit the viewer as hard as it does. I was expecting 2 episodes* before the Ants set events in motion similar to how it took 2 eps for Gon/Killua to get into Greed Island.

*Based on the Episode 78 Title Rapid X Breeding that seems the case

If they're already releasing promotional material for Morel, Knov, Knuckle, and Palm that means we're going to be seeing them in the near future. It's not like they're showing Bizef the Secretary or Ikalgo yet