Voting Round 3 - Maes Hughes vs. Takashi Natsume | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Maes Hughes vs. Takashi Natsume

Who wins?

• Maes Hughes

• Takashi Natsume

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
And round 3 is finally here :^_^
I'm gonna do another special campaign later for you guys. In the meantime, please enjoy these fanarts \o

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Maes is no doubt great but Takashi is slight better.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sorry Elu-chan, I made my mind to help Maes:emocat

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So after reading up on Takashi I've come to bring up a few points:

1 - Is that he's a little young don't you think? 16 years of age is a very limited amount of experience, especially in the terms of making a good Husbando. Maes is of an age where he has a wealth of worldy experience through love and war. Meaning, essentially, he can both love you better and protect you better.

2 - While he eventually was able to open up to Humans and Youkai alike, Takashi struggled to relate to them for so long. I'm in no way saying that the best Husbando must be an ordinary, relatable man, but in this case Maes like a lot of people was born with unconditional love in his heart.

3 - Takashi has a much less suitable personality for being a Husbando as opposed to Maes. This boy is known to be bad with children. The ideal Husband must love his own should he not? Takashi also ignores the obvious feelings that many girls show towards him, showing a case of detachment from others.

Takashi is a great character, but he is not suitable to don the crown of best Husbando in this tournament. Hughes has this boy outclassed where it counts. Please vote for Maes Hughes in Round 3! :amuse

Last edited:

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So after reading up on Takashi I've come to bring up a few points:

1 - Is that he's a little young don't you think? 16 years of age is a very limited amount of experience, especially in the terms of making a good Husbando. Maes is of an age where he has a wealth of worldy experience through love and war. Meaning, essentially, he can both love you better and protect you better.

2 - While he eventually was able to open up to Humans and Youkai alike, Takashi struggled to relate to them for so long. I'm in no way saying that the best Husbando must be an ordinary, relatable man, but in this case Maes like a lot of people was born with unconditional love in his heart.

3 - Takashi has a much less suitable personality for being a Husbando as opposed to Maes. This boy is known to be bad with children. The ideal Husband nust love his own should he not? Takashi also ignores the obvious feelings that many girls show towards him, showing a case of detatchment from others.

Takashi is a great character, but he is not suitable to don the crown of best Husbando in this tournament. Hughes has this boy outclassed where it counts. Please vote for Maes Hughes in Round 3! :amuse

Oh wow, some bloodshed already on my husbando. I did not expect that :XD

Like I said, I'm gonna do my campaign later but I want to give out my own answers as well. Spirit-kun, let's give it our all. \o/

1. No one has picked up the fact that Natsume is currently 16 (except for Erin-san, only one year younger) and yes, he is. However, he is shown to be much mature for his age later into the show.

2. The reason why he struggled to open up to everyone is because of his traumatic past of the people and yokai, similiar to his grandmother, Natsume Reiko, but took down a different path from her which is not to abuse the yokai of his ability (and use the Book of Friends) and ignoring the people around him.

3. I don't really see Natsume acts badly towards children. How about the child ayakashi? Did he treat them bad? No.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
2. The reason why he struggled to open up to everyone is because of his traumatic past of the people and yokai, similiar to his grandmother, Natsume Reiko, but took down a different path from her which is to not abuse the yokai of his ability (and the Book of Friends) and ignoring the people around him.
The reasoning behind the fact is not important. The fact that these reflect on his ability as a potential Husbando and personality is however.

3. I don't really see Natsume acts badly towards children. How about the child ayakashi? Did he treat them bad? No.
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 25 - "He is bad with children (due to his own troubled childhood)"

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The reasoning behind the fact is not important. The fact that these reflect on his ability as a potential Husbando and personality is however.
What are you talking about? Of course it is important to know why he was like that before the series began. Showing why he struggles until of what he is today is important to him as a character and good husbando qualities that follows. At the very least, he didn't took down a bad path when he struggles in his childhood. Which brings me to....
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 25 - "He is bad with children (due to his own troubled childhood)"
He is not "bad" with children as everyone thought that he would. While his childhood brought him to dislike people, he doesn't outright do horrible things to them or let them in danger.

Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Another terribly tough round. :notlikethis

Gonna wait for further campaigning but for now I’m inclined to vote for Natsume the underdog.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for maes hughes. This is very close matchup.

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
These latest match ups are horribly difficult.

:emocat

Well, this time I'm sorry Maes, but I'll go with Natsume. He made me feel so many emotions... And I strongly believe in his potential as a future husbando. Besides, he shares his VA with Law. :fan

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If you haven't seen my last campaigns, do not worry :^_^

Takashi Natsume
Round 1: Definitions and General Reasons
Round 2: Part I Definition
Round 2: Part II First and Second Reason
Round 2: Part III Final Reason

And let's do this \o
Spirit-kun, I wish you the best of luck!

Now, last round, I talked about every definitions and reasons in detail why Natsume is considered to be a great husbando. With his development within the show and himself as a character, he has the best qualities to be called as one. But, while he has the best qualities, at the end of the day, he's a character with flaws that makes him down to earth and human. He isn't perfect as we want him to be with a lot of lessons he's learning and is about to learn as well. It is his central key of being a great husbando along with the best of his attitudes of today and in the future.

My opponent talked about some flaws of his character but I want to give further details about it. Plus another that comes up as one watches the whole show.

Part I

1. Natsume is currently 16. At the beginning of the show, he is 15, but right now, he is at his current age. Even though he develops and turns into a mature character, he is still inexperienced of a lot of things. He's progressing but still very curious. He also makes a lot of mistakes.

2. Because of his past, Natsume was indifferent to people and the ayakashi. This does take a long time and slowly builds up Natsume as a gentle, kind character. As the series start and he obtains his grandmother's notebook, The Book of Friends, he wonders why he wanted to help the ayakashi when they gave him a lot of trouble in the past and still hates his ability, why he has this in his possession and why his grandmother even gave it to him in the first place. But as time goes on, he grows fond of them. Now, he is more involved with people and helping out the ayakashi, and when they want their names back, he returns it to them.

Part II TBC

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ah. I'm going to get hit with the Underdog Bulldozer :( I'm back from my camping trip now so I'm sure I'll have time to put something more substantial together.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This is so hard to decide, Maes is a great husbando (probably the best of his series) its just that I cannot overlook Elu's campaign. :darn

I miss the salt from the Waifu Wars, @SirSamuel016 @kkck @Jammin we miss you guys!

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is so hard to decide, Maes is a great husbando (probably the best of his series) its just that I cannot overlook Elu's campaign. :darn

I miss the salt from the Waifu Wars, @SirSamuel016 @kkck @Jammin we miss you guys!
Don't forsake the better Husbando Lambu. You know Maes is the one :wtf

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hughes or riot :kappa

Just wait until the next Waifu Wars or something, then you'll get Saltier Things 2 ;)
Already voted for Hughes and welcome back Sammy. I can’t wait for the Waifu Wars and the salt this year and I plan to nominate Lacie Baskerville, Ran Mori, or Satellizer El Bridget for the Waifu wars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.