Games - Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game | Page 60 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.

This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
@SirSamuel016 how do you feel about being the MVP for DD whole reason you managed to win this

Also good job DD the simple fact u lived that long as SK is good, tho it was mainly because of how confusing the clown made things for others, didn't help hermit was DM (all vanilla) so clown took down two townies

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
what can I say....I was less sus of you after talking....and I did change my vote to Farfalla....what else could I have done? I just did not change my vote, I also gave everyoone a viable alternative...what else was I supposed to do after the talk we had?
You weren't less sus of me, you told me you're voting me if you can't get your Farfalla lynch so there was nothing I could do anymore. I won't tell you what you should've done or I can't stop at just you, I'd rather just put MG behind me for now. Maybe rereading the questioning can give you some pointers for future games.
I'm just confused by what you liked about the wasted half a day of arguing when it led you nowhere.

wojak

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
You weren't less sus of me, you told me you're voting me if you can't get your Farfalla lynch so there was nothing I could do anymore. I won't tell you what you should've done or I can't stop at just you, I'd rather just put MG behind me for now. Maybe rereading the questioning can give you some pointers for future games.
I'm just confused by what you liked about the wasted half a day of arguing when it led you nowhere.
Okay.....let's not argue like that again

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Farfalla's list bamboozled me.
My list that had DD as scum?
My fuck ups are my fuck ups. Yours are yours and only yours.

Anyways, thx for the game, Pandu and Kels. Sense was rly hyped with the comp of this game, since it's very unique - which made putting things together very complex tho... The visuals in the game were top notch, and I'd prolly wanna see the Clown dead if I'd ever get an opportunity to vote about the role lol. But I was against this new SK as well and it turns out that now I can appreciate the change (shame on me, Holtie, it hasn't been this long since the council discussed it and I completely didn't remember nor paid attention to the OP, kept and looking for a mafia det instead...). GG, props to Erin for being so accurate on Sam that early, and to Gry for the same reason on DD and Sam.

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Congratulation DD for the win.

@GrySun you seem a bit sensitive this game.

@Farfalla you tried hard as usual, good luck next time.

@SirSamuel016 You clowned that for sure but I think I would have won with that role, I'm self lynching expert, been professionally clowning for years xD

@Faust most underrated player this game.

@Hermit You should get honorary mafia for your playstyle ^^

Well that was fun to watch, next time vote the cowboy target if they lose the coin toss.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Congrats to DD for winning as SK! I think that is the first time that happened? Glad the buffs worked.

Still can't believe you guys let a claim doc be lynched over a claim vanilla townie who turned out to be a Death Miller, lolololololol. Like what kind of townie play was that on day 1? XD XD XD

Not even close probaly all were death miller :arf welcome to panda games :arf

I'm kinda glad now I died day 1. I would have gone mad if I had kept playing with the nagging thought of all Mafia Members being DMs, like supermad. But so it is just funny as heck watching the carnage unfold from the sidelines. XD

Thanks for the game, Marmalade and Panda. Interesting combination of roles, first time (at least I think so) without a single Mafia in-game. Next, make a game with only townies in it and 2 Shapeshifters, lololololololololol.

Shad

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
When Sam faked Spy the only person that wasn't clowned was the Serial Killer, that role list can be strong.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Thanks for the game, Marmalade and Panda. Interesting combination of roles, first time (at least I think so) without a single Mafia in-game. Next, make a game with only townies in it and 2 Shapeshifters, lololololololololol.
No actually Hardy and Gaj hosted a mentor-only game a while ago! It was a relatively small hydra game.

As it so happens, you and DD were the mentor duo :heh

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
No actually Hardy and Gaj hosted a mentor-only game a while ago! It was a relatively small hydra game.

As it so happens, you and DD were the mentor duo :heh
Yeah, but Mentor only ain't two Shapeshifters trying to gain their own crowds while Townie big crowd keeps getting smaller with each Illusion popped out of existence night after night day after day, leaving them scared and guessing who is still real and who is just an illusion whose vote is useless. XD

Shad

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What happens if both shapeshifter hide behind each other?

They will morph into a giant Shapeshifter aka become a team, lol.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Btw everyone, a quick final note on Clown that I forgot to mention earlier;

This comp was somewhat designed to facilitate the role, but even with such balance in play, I think it's probably still too strong a role. There would have to be even more measures in place to balance this role imo. Sam's position was a little strange, so it might not be completely representative of how the game would progress in another scenario, but I do think that the gameplay dynamic the role presents is too upsetting to be satisfactory to play against. The main scenario that is problematic that Clown plays to be suspicious, town blindly kills the pretend fool, game ends day 2.

One potential change is making it so the game continues if the Clown is lynched, but that would diminish the win for the Clown and the other winning party, as well as result in two parties winning the game. Another option is to add mechanics that hamper or disadvantage the Clown, but that would have to be done at the host's discretion. Maybe the lynch window could be shrunk? Should it be deployed again by an adventurous host in the future, at least announce it in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.