Hangout - Mafia Game Awards 2020 - Hangout | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Mafia Game Awards 2020 - Hangout

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hm, am I the only one struggling to separate the awards a bit? I feel like the most analytical and proactive players are naturally the best among townies too, for example.

"Best deceiver" would had been interesting, even it your mind goes straight to anti-town. You have things like detectives pretending to be useless, bombs baiting or Sam pretending to be mafia last game.
I don't exactly share the same views as you but some seem to overlap indeed. When we were talking about the categories the majority preferred to not be too specific since it's the first event. We might add(?) or delete some later depending on the feedback later.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I for one am curious of the possibly ingame consequences of this.

„Playing a game hosted by Best Host ka“
„Let‘s lynch the Best Mafia Player first“
„How is Best Townie Player still alive?“

:heh

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

"Hey most analytical why have you been so wrong HUH?"

"Most proactive only posted 60 times day one, sus"

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Is there going to be lady of salt award here too btw

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
The idea was to remove the margin for rewarding what crosses the line (bashing, etc),
We already have Most Passionate for that anyway!

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

„Playing a game hosted by Panda ka“
„Let‘s lynch Demon first“
„How is Gry still alive?“

Yeah, I can't wait for the change of meta :lambirb

Hm, am I the only one struggling to separate the awards a bit? I feel like the most analytical and proactive players are naturally the best among townies too, for example.

"Best deceiver" would had been interesting, even it your mind goes straight to anti-town. You have things like detectives pretending to be useless, bombs baiting or Sam pretending to be mafia last game.
All player-related awards will unavoidably overlap with Best Townie/Mafia/TP, since a good proactive or analytical player is always a good asset no matter the affiliation. Same goes for someone who can deceive others the best, that's already Best T/M/TP material :cookiehand

The goal of the Proactive/Analytical/Chill categories is including and appreciating different playstyles, to avoid judging by winrate or the broadest strokes. There's also nothing wrong with nominating and voting the same people in more than one of these categories if that's how you feel about them 😗👍

Best Deceiver sounds good to me by the way, we can consider adding it RIGHT NOW next year. Any feedback and suggestion is appreciated!

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
„Playing a game hosted by Panda ka“
„Let‘s lynch Demon first“
„How is Gry still alive?“

Yeah, I can't wait for the change of meta :lambirb

All player-related awards will unavoidably overlap with Best Townie/Mafia/TP, since a good proactive or analytical player is always a good asset no matter the affiliation. Same goes for someone who can deceive others the best, that's already Best T/M/TP material :cookiehand

The goal of the Proactive/Analytical/Chill categories is including and appreciating different playstyles, to avoid judging by winrate or the broadest strokes. There's also nothing wrong with nominating and voting the same people in more than one of these categories if that's how you feel about them 😗👍

Best Deceiver sounds good to me by the way, we can consider adding it RIGHT NOW next year. Any feedback and suggestion is appreciated!
Yeah, that's reasonable. Also for whatever reason Prosctive meant something else in my head, looked the definition and it's quite accurate for what you guys wanted + is open enough to apply to different factions (like mafia seeing a teammate going down and reacting accordingly).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, for example, the best townie could be very good at all of those while still having like 3 people being better than him in each category.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Just thought of how "best role use" could also have been a couple awards for best specific role. Like Best Doctor, Best Prostitute, roles that generally appear every game and you can have huge impact with them. At least when checking back for best role use, there were some great usages by weaker roles(like sickly, Pirate) and even by passive roles(Bulletproof) but they kinda get overshadowed by the big boys that block multiple kills or investigate leading to conclusive mafia lynches.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Time for another nominations sprint! :arf
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Or not? The ones I'd pick have probably been nominated already.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Last day for nominations I believe.