Games - Mafia Jump 89 - OMO WEEKLY - End Game | Page 55 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Jump 89 - OMO WEEKLY - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Dont blame me...you guys think not revealing equals scum.
I mean there are plenty reasons not too...what if I was freeman?
How could I have played better...by giving away town's only weapon...geez smh
I already thought you were PGO so not sure why you were hiding it so much.

I was considering lynching Gajeel with my Det result on him but felt greedy to go for the finish on gnut right there. Paid off.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Basically what the Fiend said, Tio. You not only refused to reveal it in the late game but also wouldn't participate anymore in anything else (like in what DD said as well, contesting Gry's target on you).
Also idk... you don't have to claim your role if you're set in using it, can go with the common bait strat passive people use. So many roles would have been easily accepted as a part of the setup, even by the scums, there were many classic roles missing.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Btw hosts do we need to have a talk about Mortician? Don‘t know why recruitment showed on Erin, thought we set standards in the interaction thread.
Oopsy daisy, got me. Think it's one of these text that need to be reworked a bit, as it's overly complicating things.

Anyway, we noticed it when the results were brought up two days later, but at that point what you going to do other than let it play out without interventions.

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Most thought you were Mafia. That dream post was reminiscent of your last win as Threesome too :XD .
I followed the game without being part of the dead pad, here are some things I was burning to know/say:

Day 1: nothing in particular.

Day 2: Was surprised that @Brandish μ did not stand up for himself more than he did. Why not claim any other active role, maybe Hider? or did you hint you were passive before?

Day 3: My first impression was that Asako was a traitor and DD was the assassin, just because she was mentioning DD all over the place. My suspect list was: DD, Asako and Mazino (slightly sus), and the afk-ers: Hll, Gajeel and Holt (he was not even trying), and finally...Marma!
The latter gave me super scummy vibes, especially at the end I really thought she was the assassin and had to save herself by killing Demon last second. Asako's reveal was a big "oh shit!" moment, so sad she went boom with the damn potato. Holt turning out non-townie was no surprise.

Day 4: Here I was so sure @GrySun was scum (thought he was assassin). First oddity is how lenient he was, town Gry is more pressuring and sticks to his theories, whereas here he would casually comment on things without getting to the bottom of it, or even ignore some crucial things, like confirming how did Demon die. I'm surprised no one bothered to check or ask about this, until Gajeel did, and to be honest I became less sus of him when he did. Greg felt very antagonistic, especially with the refusal to claim. IMO you should've talked more about those you trusted rather than those you distrusted. Mazino was a good lynch target.

Day 5: Didn't follow it tbh, but I was sure Gry was the assassin. Turns out I was not so wrong after all. GG GG*!! Well played.

*: @Gajeel and @GrySun

Great game, props to the hosts for the creativity! It was great to watch. Balance-wise, I didn't like the addition of the hot potato.

Also, well played @Tatsumaki ! Hope you enjoyed your first MG.

Tho I admit I am bad at lying, but think I did decent.
I don't think you're bad at lying actually. It was more the lack of pressure and letting some things slide, it felt you only used 20% of your true pressuring power.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I followed the game without being part of the dead pad, here are some things I was burning to know/say:

Day 1: nothing in particular.

Day 2: Was surprised that @Brandish μ did not stand up for himself more than he did. Why not claim any other active role, maybe Hider? or did you hint you were passive before?

Day 3: My first impression was that Asako was a traitor and DD was the assassin, just because she was mentioning DD all over the place. My suspect list was: DD, Asako and Mazino (slightly sus), and the afk-ers: Hll, Gajeel and Holt (he was not even trying), and finally...Marma!
The latter gave me super scummy vibes, especially at the end I really thought she was the assassin and had to save herself by killing Demon last second. Asako's reveal was a big "oh shit!" moment, so sad she went boom with the damn potato. Holt turning out non-townie was no surprise.

Day 4: Here I was so sure @GrySun was scum (thought he was assassin). First oddity is how lenient he was, town Gry is more pressuring and sticks to his theories, whereas here he would casually comment on things without getting to the bottom of it, or even ignore some crucial things, like confirming how did Demon die. I'm surprised no one bothered to check or ask about this, until Gajeel did, and to be honest I became less sus of him when he did. Greg felt very antagonistic, especially with the refusal to claim. IMO you should've talked more about those you trusted rather than those you distrusted. Mazino was a good lynch target.

Day 5: Didn't follow it tbh, but I was sure Gry was the assassin. Turns out I was not so wrong after all. GG GG*!! Well played.

*: @Gajeel and @GrySun

Great game, props to the hosts for the creativity! It was great to watch. Balance-wise, I didn't like the addition of the hot potato.

I don't think you're bad at lying actually. It was more the lack of pressure and letting some things slide, it felt you only used 20% of your true pressuring power.
Oh you took notes etc... At that point, why didnt you simply join, lol ?

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Oh you took notes etc... At that point, why didnt you simply join, lol ?
lol. You know, at the end of D2 I posted "why was Sam hostkilled?", but quickly deleted cuz, 1_ Figured out that it was an assassin kill and 2_ remebered I was not playing...

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Yes I had a great time but don't worry, I know I contributed to nothing. Oh well, I'll do better next time.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well played gajeel and gry.

Thank you hosts for the awesome game.

I'm sad I died early, but it was my fault :emocat

If nothing I gained an awesome avy so it was worth it.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Respect @Gajeel and @GrySun for yet another non-townie W. I'm afraid people will remember this and put Gry at least on the High Value Target list for early deaths.

I am very happy for everyone who enjoyed the game whether by playing or joining on discord. I had a lot of fun writing the flavour texts and apologize for any confusion. Everything made a lot of sense in my demented head after all.

Last but certainly not least, It's always great great to host with @Copy Panda and @Evil3ye. If anything they held me back from making the composition even crazier or messing up some other things.

I guess we'll write a short reflection on the game as well as our thoughts in regards to mechanics as well as roles this weekend for those interested in that.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Time for a sabbatical from corporate life.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Congrats to the mafias, you always deserve the win. I already thanked the hosts a bunch of times... and will once more :nod Great theme, I was excited enough I downloaded my panels days before and read a little of the manga to get into character (which is autobiographical-ish, Ik, super edgy feats right there).

True, never thought about it like that to be honest with you. I don't really like confrontation or standing up for myself fyi.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I believe acting as your usual self is also partly „lying“. I only had Gajeel‘s name, which I assumed to be due to „pandagame“ and was constantly paranoid of lynching one of Gajeel‘s friends, so I often didn‘t pursue a lynch on suspicious people much. Took me like 2-3 dayphases to accept Gajeel is alone for starters. Like at first I thought Ust was mafia with Gajeel and Mazino was another Traitor because of how often they either mention Gajeel or vote him in the poll.

Playing Traitor is pretty messy especially given such a setup. I‘m glad it worked but I know I wasn’t very similar to my usual self. Not sure how to improve on it because I simply cannot point out some things like Gajeel’a VT bait(he rly should‘ve gone with Banshee), I need to do „oopsie“s and overlook some sometimes blatant things.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

From me as well huge thanks to @Evil3ye @Copy Panda @desin24 the game was very fun, but most notably the RPing was top tier. I read every bit of text you put anywhere with a smile, really good writing and props to whoever of you constructed the overall theme and way of speech. Made it very lovely to be playing.
Just wish the game was a bit more active with more posts from some people as this game certainly deserved it, but it still worked well regardless.

Being Traitor was a very new experience for me, glad I had that too now. It is kinda stressful though: getting recruited and not dying before that, not trying to call too much attention by your mafia publicly or else you doom them after you die to people checking back, wondering whether you‘re naive or not, having everything you do be tied to benefiting a team that doesn‘t even know you exist... It‘s quite something, very difficult to play properly and both me and Gajeel had tons of luck here.

Liked the way @Mazino and @Ustegius played, felt kinda fresh and new due to being older players perhaps. Would‘ve probably won the game had I died instead of Tatsu. Good showing as TP.

Town was a bit all over the place but ultimately lynched well.

Shad didn‘t do anything wrong except for locking his vote on someone, getting lynched with a cointoss among 4 people with a 2-vote tie does seem frustrating.
Marm sounding pretty shady, reason I votes Holt instead of her wasn‘t just because I thought Holt was SS but also thinking you‘re somehow mafia with Gajeel :XD
Sam did great with Spy, prolly would‘ve found out more had he been left alive.
Tatsu looked pretty overwhelmed but that‘s normal for a beginner, nothing to get discouraged by.
Asako maybe the most valuable input with the Erin Mortician results, confirming existence of Mentor + blowing Mentor‘s cover thus getting him lynched. Great value play.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Oh, and the polling mechanic was very interesting but had the big flaw that it‘s last come first serve, in a sense. Those who wait til the last minutes have the biggest say on the rankings as they can see the results before voting. I‘d maybe change the way the poll works, and rank 2 is weirdly a lot better than rank 1 if the Assassin is dead. Chance for dual Det/Doc/Prostitute is pretty good, but most importantly penalty of being rank 1 is not being votable for any rank next day. That makes consistent 3rd place more desirable than 1st place as it will keep you safe from nightkills forever.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thank you hosts @Evil3ye @Copy Panda @desin24 for the game, my play was short, but I was watching it from the deadpad XD

I was so confused with the Sam death I actually sent a pm asking to bodyguard him N2, but... It was too late.

@Asako , @Erinyes, sorry, I bodyguarded Gry N1 firmly believing mafia would go for him, it just so happened that Holt targeted me directly instead and turned me into illusion, funnily enough, I targeted uncle G N2, so... I would’ve died anyway, show my targetting this game :XD well, at least I died for the shapeshifter and not bythe hands of the paranoid uncle.<_>
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Congrats @GrySun and @Gajeel for the win, and Gry next time you are scum, I will not bodyguard you :blushbirb humph.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.