Voting Round 1 - Magi vs. Hunter x Hunter | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Magi vs. Hunter x Hunter

Who wins?

• Magi

• Hunter x Hunter

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MArGi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France

Magi
Ohtaka Shinobu
-

Hunter x Hunter
Yoshihiro Togashi

Rules
- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I only voted for two manga right now without waiting for the members to debate. NNT, the manga that I nominated. And HxH, my favorite manga ever. There is no way I can't vote for it.

EDIT: And I read Magi too so it's not like I was in the dark.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The only way I could Vote for Magi is because Alibaba everyone favourite character I'm Right or I'm Right @Linali, @GrySun :kappa

Anyway Voted for HxH without any hesitation one of the best shounen that I probably read deserves so ( Well it would be interesting to watch it face Yuu Yuu Hakusho at some stage of this awards )

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Despite my love for Magi, it's just impossible for me not to vote for Hunter X Hunter.
IMHO the Chimera Ants arc established it as one of the best Shounen that has ever been made.
Now, if only Togashi-sensei would finish it before I turn old...

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Well, at least Magi actually completed it's run. That's something Hiatus X Hiatus hasn't achieved and probably won't. :kappa
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Despite my love for Magi, it's just impossible for me not to vote for Hunter X Hunter.
IMHO the Chimera Ants arc established it as one of the best Shounen that has ever been made.
Now, if only Togashi-sensei would finish it before I turn old...
We all be dead by time the HxH is ever finished

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Pretty much all the readers agree that Magi got less interesting. The current arc is a mess. It was once one of my favorites but it's not the case anymore. If it's better than HxH at one thing that's comedy.

Even incomplete HxH is much better.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Voted for Magi. I have a soft spot for it. I love the characters except Alibaba and even though I agree the story went a little down in quality this last arc, the overall manga was still enjoyable:blush

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Voting for H X H simply because it is the best Shounen in my opinion now.

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Isacc has basically said all I needed to say. Go HxH.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Well, at least Magi actually completed it's run. That's something Hiatus X Hiatus hasn't achieved and probably won't. :kappa

We all be dead by time the HxH is ever finished
At least our grandchildren will finish it.

The President

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I do love Magi. Its mature for a shonen and it does politics relatively well. The cast as a whole is pretty good as well and the fights are great. That said, HxH is simply better. It has a far better cast (amongst my favourites), tackles just as many if not more themes and the fights are among the best of any manga I've read. The Kou arc is phenomenal, but HxH has the PT arc and the Chimera Ant arc which are arguably even better and it maintains its consistency a lot better then Magi does, which has had a fair few ups and downs over its run time.

HxHs two biggest drawbacks for me is its art, however here the difference is negligible since Magis art isn't any special either (though the Djinn equips are boss) as well as the MC, however Aladin isn't that much better then Gon either (and Gon has Killua to bounce off of, whereas Aladin doesnt have anyone like that IMO). All in all, HxH takes this handily IMO. But I do like Magi quite a bit.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I do love Magi. Its mature for a shonen and it does politics relatively well. The cast as a whole is pretty good as well and the fights are great. That said, HxH is simply better. It has a far better cast (amongst my favourites), tackles just as many if not more themes and the fights are among the best of any manga I've read. The Kou arc is phenomenal, but HxH has the PT arc and the Chimera Ant arc which are arguably even better and it maintains its consistency a lot better then Magi does, which has had a fair few ups and downs over its run time.

HxHs two biggest drawbacks for me is its art, however here the difference is negligible since Magis art isn't any special either (though the Djinn equips are boss) as well as the MC, however Aladin isn't that much better then Gon either (and Gon has Killua to bounce off of, whereas Aladin doesnt have anyone like that IMO). All in all, HxH takes this handily IMO. But I do like Magi quite a bit.
As per as I heard in an international Anime poll wasn't Chimera Ant arc voted as the best arc in history?I maybe wrong with the news though.
https://esmemes.com/i/hunter-x-hunter-chimera-ant-arc-was-voted-as-the-5441223

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
As per as I heard in an international Anime poll wasn't Chimera Ant arc voted as the best arc in history?I maybe wrong with the news though.
https://esmemes.com/i/hunter-x-hunter-chimera-ant-arc-was-voted-as-the-5441223
I wouldn't call it the best arc in history but easily top 5 from all series that I've read.

Anyways, HxH it is. I've read Magi too but tbh I don't find it as appealing and well-written as HxH. Not to say its bad by any means, its a solid series but personally I just find HxH better in every aspect.

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Like several here it seems, I feel sad to have to vote against magi which is an excellent manga with very appealing characters and interesting world builsindg as well as well explored thematics.

But yeah... HxH is HxH.

Too bad, if it had started against another one, Magi could have gone quite far.

Status
Not open for further replies.