Voting Round 3 - Mahou Tsukai no Yome vs. Gintama | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Mahou Tsukai no Yome vs. Gintama

Who wins?

• Mahou Tsukai no Yome

• Gintama

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Let’s see, I follow or completed approx. +20 manga series. Yes, that’s clearly not otaku level, but this is not my point anyway. I have a clear preference, a pattern you can figure out when you go through my manga list. It’s the fact that I favour battle mangas, that’s my business so to speak.

But there also anomalies, exceptions which stand out. Four series to be exact. That’s not even 20% in my case. The fact that I rated three of them 9/10 just speaks volumes about how beautiful those series are/were conveyed to the reader. All three of them outperformed most series in my precious list. And yes, Mahoutsukai no Yome is one of them.

What makes MnY so great you ask? It’s a wonderful story about the relationship between an abandoned girl who already gave up on life and a Mage who - despite his great age - can’t really comprehend human emotions. Together they start to develop as persons and complement each other, but they also stumble over a lot of hardships and obstacles which not only test their relationship, but also test them individually. You are introduced to an interesting fantasy world where magic is not used to blow up the whole planet. Amazing side characters you will instantly miss once they are not featured in the next chapter are that extra something. Magical beings will put a smile on your face whenever you see them interact with others. It’s a very unique premise, isn’t it? Well, not really. You have to read it in order to understand its greatness. It’s the way how the story is written, how the characters are portrayed and how the incredible art sucks you in what makes MnY a brilliant series. I would have never imagined to like a volleyball sports series, but here I am: a big fan of Haikyuu, because it also does what it does in a very special way, even though it’s only about a couple of boys playing volleyball. That's exactly the charm of MnY. Consider it to be the HxH, Vinland Saga or Yakusoku no Neverland of its genre.

A vote for Mahoutsukai no Yome is a vote for the high quality underdog. I haven’t read Gintama, but its popularity, memes and ratings speaks for itself. There is no point to speak ill of Gintama, because the majority knows it’s a great manga. But Gintama doesn’t need recognition whatsoever. Mahoutsukai no Yome does! Help it to become a little bit more popular around MH, so other people can experience this amazing ride as well!

And yes, I was forced to post something here, but I won't reveal his/her name. u.u

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I posted something similar for Golden Kamuy. Kenshin crushed it... :feelsbadman

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well first let me come out and say that, yes, I am voting for Gintama.

But it's a tribute to Mahoutsukai no Yome that I am not 100% confident that is the right decision. Mahoutsukai's main limitation for me is that my only exposure to it is the two episodes of the anime. Which I am absolutely loving. I keep comparing it to XXXholic and that's what it feels like. Some blending of that and Spirited Away. I mean, if the rest of the series is as good or better than the first 2 episodes of the anime has been, this becomes a discussion.

Right now though, it's too early for me to back Mahoutsukai no Yome over something I know is absolutely amazing in a way nothing else really is. If I knew more about it than I do now though? Maybe I could.

Last edited:

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
@niichan Do you want my vote?
Would you support me as well for a final round with MTnY and Burichi??? How's that sound? :bbb

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If that actually happens, then sure :D
Any betrayal you can see is trivial, what is truly frightening and much more lethal, is the betrayal you cannot see.

Just saying~

Status
Not open for further replies.